Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
+1 on Pro shot Zero Friction, works great for me !

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I use Break Free CLP, got a big bottle of the stuff years ago.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like slip 2000 on rimfire pistols and rimfire ar. Slick, cleans easy, non-staining or greasy residue, so i slop it wherever.

On centerfires, if its to shoot piss out of, it’s whatever lightweight machine oil on shelf (freebies from beretta and benelli, mobile 1, whatever). Lugs, etc, dab of mobile 1 grease. If ccw, using miltech or tetra, just to not stain is all.

Found eezox burned off after few hundred rounds in hot classes, slowed cycle time on my old stainless cz75, crud’d on bolt faces and hot gas/shotguns. Still like on fp’s, springs, though. Ballistol, love on rifles&sxs’s, but it’s burned/crud’d on me before in semi shotguns/hot gas, too, so quit that.

Aside: recently passed friend and shooting buddy, was retired engineer, vp of engineering for huge telecommunications co we all know; gunsmith; shot for sti and later glock; olympic competitor (you get the idea). Had all manner of engineering anecdotes and wisdom to share over the years. Suffice, some of the boutique/OME gun greases peddled out there? Repackaged mobile 1. With what does/did he and rest of field ever lube competition pistols? Synth motor oil. One exception was he liked tetra on glock connectors and sears. Tied back to a ridiculous story on how he saved the optical cable cutting shop maintenance down time by using tetra rather than the spec’d lube on some cutter heads/blades. He’d know, so i just go with it.

RIP, Stan. Hope there’re fine ranges in heaven. And mobile 1, and just for you, some Tetra grease, too.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
The majority of commercial gun oils are simply rebranded transmission and motor oils.

Due to being in charge of U.S. Embassy armories at numerous locations oversees, I have maintained literally thousands of weapons.

I've never used a gun oil that had the feel of transmission fluid....I'm going to call urban legend on that one.

When I was in my vintage stage I used Brownells Sperm Whale oil on my vintage guns. Here tell it was used in Corvette transmissions back in the 1960's and read somewhere it was required in a Nuclear bomb. Spermaciti is one oil they can not synthisize.

I prefer Mobil 1 in my truck and a fine gun oil like Wilson gun oil on my fine firearms where needed and Ezzox as a protectant.

Be careful what you use on Nickle plated guns...anything that has a copper solvent in it is not good to use on Nickle plated guns. (Ezzox included).

I guess if I had a big pile of weapons I might just dash some synthetic Motor oil on them.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I like Ballistol for cleaning black powder cartridge guns....turns to a white milking substance when you wet it....I still have a can or two of Ballistol like I have a can or two of WD 40 just don't use either on my guns any more.

I might have missed it did any one mention Fluid Film as a protectant ?

Fluid Film is one of the best....google it.

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 10 invisible), 1,575 guests, and 799 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,296
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.