Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Remember when snoop dogg dissed gene autry and pat boone?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol. crazy

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
They found a stock of "live" ammo on the set yesterday, along with a fanny pack that had "live" ammo in it. So sounds like some very basic rules were broken, and that falls on the armorer.

Not quite sure how that all falls on the armorer. Do they have the responsibility, and authority, to stop all vehicles and persons and then to search each?

We may just have to wait until the results of the Sheriff's investigation AND Gloria Allred's investigation (interesting that he has already put in place certain mechanisms to defend himself). The most important person in this situation is the Prosecutor. If he is up for re-election I doubt charges would be filed. Heck, it was in Santa Fe...the land of artist....nothing will happen because "artists" believe they are never responsible for their actions.

She may not of been responsible for the "live" ammo that was brought to the set, but she's solely responsible for the guns that fire said ammo. Considering it was widely known they were plinking "live" ammo in between scenes, she certainly wasn't controlling the situation nor weapons.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I am well removed from movie sets. But I dislike seeing empty chambers in westerns. And wonder about the keith bullets that can be seen in chambers in other movies. One thing is you csn see only 4 of the 6 holes

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Solely responsible? Nope

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I don’t believe that’s what they use. They might for certain scenes or in gun belts but I would think there would be a totally different, distinguishable round for firearms.

They use inert rounds some.

I've had call to use them. Some in ammo loops on gun leather, and some for closeup shots the director wanted.

Made the dummy inert rounds myself. You take a propane torch and heat the primers until they pop, then you can prime cases and seat a bullet.

Don't think I'd trust dummy rounds to be so unless I did them myself. When you by them like from the link in the OP, you are depending on THEIR quality control and safety measures. It pays to be 100% certain.

Likely why John Schneider said the armorer dry fires it several times, then the actor dry fires it. That obviously didn’t happen once.

I saw the video interview John Schneider did. He may have had different experience than I did in the film industry, but what he described, I never saw.

Working as an armorer, per scene, I made an open display of loading and checking the guns, and made sure both the shooter, and shootee were paying attention. Then supervised the scene for safety, and immediately after the cut, took possession of the guns and unloaded and secured them until needed again. Different movies, different needs.

Here's a Stembridge movie blank. This is what most all westerns in both TV and movies were filmed with for decades. Stembridge rented out movie guns and sold blanks, etc.

This is a 5 in 1 movie blank. Full load. You can tell that by the end of the blank. They were marked "F" for full load, "1/2" or "1/4" at the end. Black powder load. Still dangerous when fired.

The spent rounds were great for filling loops in gunbelts. Looked real enough from camera distance, and you could tell at a glance if they were live rounds, or not, or fired or not.

This one isn't fired. (I still have many rounds of blanks, etc.)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

No case markings at all.

Indicates "Full load"

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
They found a stock of "live" ammo on the set yesterday, along with a fanny pack that had "live" ammo in it. So sounds like some very basic rules were broken, and that falls on the armorer.

Not quite sure how that all falls on the armorer. Do they have the responsibility, and authority, to stop all vehicles and persons and then to search each?

We may just have to wait until the results of the Sheriff's investigation AND Gloria Allred's investigation (interesting that he has already put in place certain mechanisms to defend himself). The most important person in this situation is the Prosecutor. If he is up for re-election I doubt charges would be filed. Heck, it was in Santa Fe...the land of artist....nothing will happen because "artists" believe they are never responsible for their actions.

She may not of been responsible for the "live" ammo that was brought to the set, but she's solely responsible for the guns that fire said ammo. Considering it was widely known they were plinking "live" ammo in between scenes, she certainly wasn't controlling the situation nor weapons.

And neither was the producer or director.....and since some, allegedly, have said that the set was "unsafe" then their failure to act (if true) may (or may not) absolve her actions (or lack of action).

How old was this armorer?

Solely responsible? Wonder if that terminology is in her employment contract.....

Last edited by Marley7x57; 10/27/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Solely responsible? Nope

But as the armorer she is solely responsible for the weapons use, security, ammo, and function. Was she solely responsible for the "incident" ?, no....more than 1 person fugged up for sure.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That 5 in 1 blank was the reason most movies and films only used rifles that would fire them, such as Winchester 73's or Winchester 92's.

Those would fire the 5 in 1's very well.

They called them 5 in 1's because they would fire in 38-40 and 44-40 rifle and revolver, and a 45 Colt pistol.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And neither was the producer or director.....and since some, allegedly, have said that the set was "unsafe" then their failure to act (if true) may (or may not) absolve her actions (or lack of action).

How old was this armorer?

Solely responsible? Wonder if that terminology is in her employment contract.....

"The main difference between a producer and a director is that a producer will handle the business components of filmmaking, while the director is mostly concerned with the creative aspects of the entire production."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok, so if they did it the way you did, Alec just took the word of the armorer, an armorer that had already screwed up more than once. My point is the armorer isn’t the only one at fault and Baldwin has a large amount of blame.

I don’t have the slightest about how it’s actually done, I can only apply some basic common sense of how it should be done.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ok, so if they did it the way you did, Alec just took the word of the armorer, an armorer that had already screwed up more than once. My point is the armorer isn’t the only one at fault and Baldwin has a large amount of blame.

I don’t have the slightest about how it’s actually done, I can only apply some basic common sense of how it should be done.

Baldwin is completely responsible for hiring her incompetent ass.

Baldwin, the snowflake armorer, and the AD were all 3 negligent.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm not disagreeing with you, just stating some known facts. 2 people handled the gun before Baldwin, armorer & Assistant director...then gave to Baldwin while yelling "COLD GUN".

So hang Baldwin by his ballz, I don't care....but get the noose ready for the armourer and Ass. Directors necks.

Press conference coming on soon with new info, that may tell us more.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Considering there were 6 producers on the Rust film, do we know Baldwin hired the armorer ?

“The six credited producers on the independent film ‘Rust,’ Ryan Smith, Alec Baldwin, Nathan Klingher, Ryan Winterstern, Matt DelPiano and Anjul Nigam, collectively have more than 35 years’ experience producing small to mid-level film and television projects,”

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How closely are the screen actors guild recommendations concerning firearms followed?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Considering there were 6 producers on the Rust film, do we know Baldwin hired the armorer ?

“The six credited producers on the independent film ‘Rust,’ Ryan Smith, Alec Baldwin, Nathan Klingher, Ryan Winterstern, Matt DelPiano and Anjul Nigam, collectively have more than 35 years’ experience producing small to mid-level film and television projects,”

The main producer (who financed and oversaw the pre production, filming and post production is the main one.

From what I see, that is Baldwin.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
How closely are the screen actors guild recommendations concerning firearms followed?

SAG deals with actor's deal memo's and working conditions. So they may have a wish-list on gun safety issues.

But mostly they probably dictate that a dedicated, qualified armorer is present and supervising all firearm scenes.

SAG's just a union like any other union.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I saw a behind-the-scenes episode of Breaking Bad that discussed killing Mike, the fixer. Remember how Walter shoots Mike through the car window? All special effects. Not even blanks.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I saw a behind-the-scenes episode of Breaking Bad that discussed killing Mike, the fixer. Remember how Walter shoots Mike through the car window? All special effects. Not even blanks.

That's CGI, and being widely used in many films and TV shows...the future of guns in the film industry, and obviously safer than the abortion that took place on Rust.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J0-ZatDHug

Would anybody with half a brain want this obnoxious drunk anywhere near a firearm of any kind? Hang him by the balls!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,074
Posts18,482,669
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.