Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Wanted one of these for years but always held back from buying it. Always managed to talk myself out of it saying I couldnt justify it. Finally said [bleep] it and bought one.
https://www.sigsauer.com/p210-target.html

Should be here in about a week. We aren't getting any younger

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Very nice! A bit large/heavy and limited capacity for a carry gun for me, but a real sweet shooter with an incredible trigger. I really like mine.

I found this video very useful for field stripping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8QtYAuyXQA

Paul

Last edited by paul105; 10/27/21.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ive got the standard version, it's a soft shooter and is far more accurate than any 9mm my son and I own. It's a lot different than the Swiss or German versions but is more suited for us accustomed to a 1911. Dang thing feeds any ammo without a bobble. I stick to standard velocity loads, the captive spring is really soft.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P

Hogue makes some nice reasonalbly priced field grips for the 210 https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/sig-sauer-grips/p210-american

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Paul

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I lived in Switzerland for a year in the early 90's and had the opportunity to shoot my boss's military 210. He was a Captain in the Army, artillery if I remember correctly. It was a very accurate pistol and easy to shoot well. One of the best pistol triggers I've been exposed to. I can't justify the cost of an original one but I'll have one of these new ones if my eyesight holds out. Looks like I'll need a set of those Houge grips too.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice! Congrats on your purchase.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
About 35 years ago, I got to shoot a standard 210 at the shooting range I was working at. A customer had one, and he graciously let me shoot a couple of magazines thru it. It was certainly an eye-opening experience. I had a great shooting High Power at the time, and some other 9mms, and that 210 left them all in the dust, so to speak. That I remember it so clearly says a lot about it, I reckon.
My HP and an old 1944 Radom P-35 have been the most accurate 9mms I've ever owned, but that 210 was a good deal better.

The owner was a lawyer or accountant or something professional, most of us "normal" folk sure couldn't afford one of the 210s at that time. They were $1500+ in 1990 dollars, really pricey.
In those days, I was a good enough shot that I could really appreciate it's quality, nowadays, between arthritis and worsening eyesight, I don't think I could do one justice. I'd love to own one, especially at today's prices, but it wouldn't be a wise investment.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have only shot the originals, I have yet to shoot the new US made version. They look absolutely fantastic. That safety is a work of art. Congratulations!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I’ve been wanting one of these since they first came out. We’d surely like a range report once you get it. Congratulations!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mine is the fixed sight version, but sure is a sweet pistol.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

In those days, I was a good enough shot that I could really appreciate it's quality, nowadays, between arthritis and worsening eyesight, I don't think I could do one justice. I'd love to own one, especially at today's prices, but it wouldn't be a wise investment.
Sometimes, "because" is a good enough reason. Sometimes, you just want something really, really nice and good.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Sometimes, "because" is a good enough reason. Sometimes, you just want something really, really nice and good.

At my age, it ain’t getting better. Im going to enjoy mine while I’m able. It’s by far the softest shooting 9mm I’ve ever experienced in addition to being super easy to rack the slide.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Congratulations, that is a great pistol.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Dood, that's like 90% of my guns. I have a couple of "business guns", but the rest are for the pure enjoyment of owning and shooting guns I find interesting. Which mostly means, old guns.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Dood, that's like 90% of my guns. I have a couple of "business guns", but the rest are for the pure enjoyment of owning and shooting guns I find interesting. Which mostly means, old guns.
90% is a good percentage. Too many are so focused on the serious purposes of guns and forget that they can also be FUN! I worked at a "tactical" gunshop for years and hardly any other employees had any fun guns, just a few of us oldtimers.

Last edited by UPhiker; 11/12/21.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 67 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,413
Posts18,470,470
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.