Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jeffpg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey guys,

I have been on here for many years. I have done a lot of transactions with many of you. This has resulted in a lot of great experiences and some friendships made. I have had a couple of close calls with getting taken advantage of but I have always managed to rise above the occasional and unfortunate scumbag that shows up here and dodge the stray bullets. Like many of you, I have gone above and beyond when necessary to maintain a high level of integrity here.

Enter Sharecropper. I can provide screenshots of text messages for proof if requested, but suffice to say that this guy is a complete weasel when it comes to honoring his word. Yes he got me for a few dollars, but the worst thing was that when I kindly reminded him about the discrepancy he ranted and raved that he didn't have the money and then lied about sending the remaining funds that he owed me for goods that I had already shipped to him. I never got the money he owed me and he refused to do anything about it. Wouldn't even provide his copy of the cashiers check he supposedly sent. He cried and whined and made up excuses for not paying me before finally lying to me that he was sending me the money and I'm sure he will cry and lie some more here but I will not see it as I have put him on ignore and I am not going to engage with him.

I despise negative drama and it is with much regret that I post this but I feel that it is my duty to do so. I am simply doing what I feel is the right thing by telling you guys to deal with Sharecropper at your own risk.

That is all,
Thanks.

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have no idea what went on between you two but he bought an item from me and paid promptly with no issues. I don't know the gentleman personally but I can't say anything bad at all about our dealings.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Like 160, zero idea what happened between y'all. The last one of these that promised a smoking gun via private correspondence went pretty poorly for the OP. So I'd be ready for folks requesting them and hopefully they're clearer evidence.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeffpg

...he didn't have the money and then lied about sending the remaining funds
...I never got the money he owed me
...cashiers check he supposedly sent.
...lying to me that he was sending me the money
...I despise negative drama

That is why I prefer PayPal. I know within minutes whether the offer is real or not. Then ship the next day. No drama. Everyone is happy.

Otherwise, wait a week to see if the money shows-up (and sometimes it never shows-up). Buyer could have already received his stuff by then.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by SupFoo

That is why I prefer PayPal. I know within minutes whether the offer is real or not. Then ship the next day. No drama. Everyone is happy.

Otherwise, wait a week to see if the money shows-up (and sometimes it never shows-up). Buyer could have already received his stuff by then.

Just make sure to tell your buyer NOT to mention Gunbroker or ammo or guns or anything that offends liberal snowflakes in the comment section when sending funds.
Paypal will lock up your account faster than you can say "F*ck Joe Biden"

Last edited by Termin8r; 10/27/21.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like you possess the best kind of experience known.. the bought kind.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by GeoW
Sounds like you possess the best kind of experience known.. the bought kind.

I definately know from experience...but can't say it is "the best" lesson I every learned LOL. But one of the most vivid. Sold a rifle on Gunbroker for $1200. Buyer Wrote "Gunbroker Auction #xxx. Can't wait to shoot some elk with that bad boy" in the comments.

Paypal refused to forward the money and shut both my and the buyers accounts down. He had to fight with them to get the money back in his bank account. I had to basically wait over a year and then open another paypal account linked to a different bank before I could do business with Paypal again. In the meantime I moved to Venmo.

So personally I would not even mention "hunting" since the snowflakes in Big Tech hate hunting too. Now I specifically tell my buyers not to put ANYTHING the comment area. I am not Cabelas with 1000 transactions a day. I don't need them to tell me why they are sending me money. I know who owes me what and why

Big tech treats people selling guns and ammo like drug dealers. Actually I am sure they treat us worse than drug dealers. They probably wouldn't do sh*t if you wrote "I am an illegal alien getting paid for drugs I smuggled across the border" in the comment section

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Termin8r
In the meantime I moved to Venmo.

You know Paypal runs Venmo too, right?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Ronald_55
Originally Posted by Termin8r
In the meantime I moved to Venmo.

You know Paypal runs Venmo too, right?

Yes, but I didn't care. Apparently they did not communicate between the two organizations to black ball me solely by my back account because I was able to almost immediately open a new Venmo account with a new email address after waiting about a month.

Later I was able to open a new Paypal account but I used a different email address and bank account.

It wasn't about "teaching Paypal a lesson by moving to Venmo"... It was just about getting an account open ASAP and apparently (at least at the time) the two organizations were not great at sharing their blackball list. They might be better at it now...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by SupFoo

Get turned in to paypal for using their service for a firearm related item....and you will lose your money. Same with venmo (owned by PP)

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've twice had buyers of rifles through paypal gift write something indicating a firearms sale and both times I immediately refunded their money. Both times the deals were eventually completed. Now, I look like an idiot while I explain to buyers that they shouldn't do that because I either look like I'm being condescending or that I'm one of those "people" who request a gift/F&F payment all the time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Just wait until all currency is digital…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fury01
Just wait until all currency is digital…

I just can't die soon enough!

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Make your own decision.
I bought a rifle from OP.
Sent a cashiers check to address provided, he acknowledged receipt and shipped the gun.
Next week FFL received the Bolt action rifle in 2 pieces, packaged so poorly he assembled gun on his own to make sure no parts had been lost.
Several weeks later, OP texted to say I owed him $25. I sent $500 he said should have been $525. He had 2 guns listed, 1 at 500 the other at $525.
After we swapped texts, I said no problem if he’s lying it’s on him and sent another $25 cashiers check to same address.
OP claims he never received cashiers check, I tell him I’m not sending another. He’s says I’m telling the Campfire on you.
I tell him to do what he feels is right and to lose my number as I’m not fooling with him again.

Decide as you will. I don’t lie, cheat or steal, if you think he’s telling the truth then put me on ignore.
Last word from me on this subject, I don’t like this kind of BS and I don’t believe most people here are like this guy.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sharecropper is good to go

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Several weeks later?

Black Cows Matter!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
So; until last year, PayPal was primary service for paying for purchases and receiving payments for sales on EBAY. Where gazillions of $$ of gun related items are sold??? Never had problem there?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have known Sharecropper for over seven years and have hunted and done business with him many times. I can assure everyone here, that he is one of the most honest people I have ever known. $50 is not even close to what it would take for this man to sell his integrity. In his line of work, he would be fired for the smallest dishonest act. I don't know the OP, but an apology is needed, as I'm sure his actions were honorable and if I had to guess where the problem lies, I would say that the mail service dropped the ball here, not him.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
If this is really over $25, and the info from Sharecropper is true, then I do think someone has an integrity issue - just NOT Sharecropper.

The original Frito Bandito!
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
What a bunch of 13 year old drama queens.

Last edited by OldRooster; 10/28/21.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 56 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,461
Posts18,471,311
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.