Hop To
Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
For the guns on the set of the movie where the girl was killed
Sad

I know its not right to judge a book by its cover, but I think I'll do it this one time....

Good grief. Judging by the cover, mind you, I wouldn't let her walk my dogs.

Nor feed my gold fish. eek

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
As much as I hate Alec Baldwin, and as much as I’d like to see the POS fry, it sounds to me like the gal that was the Set Armorer, Thell Reed’s daughter, was in way over her head, and pretty much clueless. Daddy got her The the job in that job field, where she had no business being.

And while I agree Baldwin bears some responsibility for pointing the gun at someone he hadn’t checked and pulling the trigger, ultimately it was the Sets Armorer’s responsibility to make sure the gun and dumbass actors are safe.

If they “get” Baldwin for this, it will be because he’s the Producer and hired the incompetent little gal. And that will be in a Civil Suit.

Being that it happened in the Libertard Haven Santa Fe, I’m not competent that the Libertard DA and Libertard Sheriff will arrest or prosecute any of the dumbasses involved.
We shall see. But I’m betting Baldwin is not even charged. Or if he is charged criminally, the POS will skate with a slap on the wrist, at the very most.

I wonder who loaded Hinckley's gun?

Hinkley wasn’t in a Movie. So what’s your point ???
And who’s sock puppet are you ???

I see, if it's filmed, everything is ok.
I

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by goalie
Who’s sock puppet is LongSpurHunter ???

Some retard who thinks you make movies with gunfights by having the actors "check" the weapons????

LOL. Yep. I figured it was another BoobyBrown sock puppet, since he hadn’t posted for the last couple of days.

Come on over, I have a few guns and the wife is running video. Amazing how you so called CONSERVATIVES give so many passes for people not being responsible for their own actions.

Sad state of affairs

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Affirmative Action Armorer... Change the word "armorer" to ANY other profession except coffee and sandwich making and you'll get the same results...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Some retard who thinks you make movies with gunfights by having the actors "check" the weapons????

LOL. Yep. I figured it was another BoobyBrown sock puppet, since he hadn’t posted for the last couple of days.

Come on over, I have a few guns and the wife is running video. Amazing how you so called CONSERVATIVES give so many passes for people not being responsible for their own actions.

Sad state of affairs

Making threats like that is what's sad.

Might find yourself in a jackpot.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I must be ole school......

The guy that has the firearm in his hand(s) is responsible

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
California Democrat Calls For Gun Ban On Hollywood Sets

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/...lls-for-gun-ban-on-hollywood-sets-n51374

See, it was the Guns fault.

............ With all the liberals involved in this I just knew that somehow, someway, the blame would focused on the gun. After all; with liberals it's ALWAYS the gun's fault.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

any dummy can tell the difference between a blank & live round

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm not hearing much about it in the news, but I believe some of the early things I read mentioned there was a union dispute on that site. A number of union folks either walked off the set or were fired and they were replaced by some non-union folks, including the armorer. Has anyone heard anything similar? Is it possible that the live round was the result of some sabotage that had a deadly consequence?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

You and I both.

Baldwin is the one who pulled the trigger. I don't give a damn about film industry standards, or what a set person's job title is. Baldwin is ultimately to blame and not just because he hired an incompetent "armorer". He pulled the trigger without knowing if the gun was loaded or not. There is no way in hell I'd ever point a real gun at someone in that situation, let alone pull the trigger even if I had personally cleared the gun which I would have---and Baldwin should have---regardless if on paper it is the armorer's job.

Blaming a lack of following "industry standards" for Baldwin not checking if the gun was loaded is Biden level retarded. A person may as well blame a disregard of OSHA standards for choking on a rubber dick while at work.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sad state of affairs

What do you say we get to know each other better over dinner at a quaint little Viking food restaurant.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Blaming a lack of following "industry standards" for Baldwin not checking if the gun was loaded is Biden level retarded. A person may as well blame a disregard of OSHA standards for choking on a rubber dick while at work.

Expecting liberal actors (who know less than nothing about firearms) to check their gun and make a determination one way or the other whether it's safe or not, is pretty retarded too.

That's why they have someone who IS knowledgeable and experienced do that. (Or should)

Which anti-gun liberal actor do you guys trust to do this?

LOL.

Round and round the rosy we go. You guys keep applying reality to the make believe world of Hollywood. Even worse, you really expect dumbasses like Baldwin who use guns for profit in their films, but are anti-gun in public to know anything even close to what a 10 year old that's taken a Hunter Safety curse knows?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Again, like Gene Autry's movie fighting, the weapon is not aimed at a person.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Expecting liberal actors (who know less than nothing about firearms) to check their gun and make a determination one way or the other whether it's safe or not, is pretty retarded too.

That's why they have someone who IS knowledgeable and experienced do that. (Or should)

Which anti-gun liberal actor do you guys trust to do this?

LOL.

Round and round the rosy we go. You guys keep applying reality to the make believe world of Hollywood. Even worse, you really expect dumbasses like Baldwin who use guns for profit in their films, but are anti-gun in public to know anything even close to what a 10 year old that's taken a Hunter Safety curse knows?

I don't expect anti-gun liberals to check or even to know how to check their set guns. I never claimed to.
That doesn't change the fact that Baldwin and Baldwin alone pulled the trigger.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
"Never trust an actor with a gun." ---

Abraham Lincoln.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by Fubarski
"Never trust an actor with a gun." ---

Abraham Lincoln.

Owe, so bad, it's good?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Words to live by:

Never put a total social media skankard in charge of firearms on a movie set or otherwise.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tikkanut

You and I both.

Baldwin is the one who pulled the trigger. I don't give a damn about film industry standards, or what a set person's job title is. Baldwin is ultimately to blame and not just because he hired an incompetent "armorer". He pulled the trigger without knowing if the gun was loaded or not. There is no way in hell I'd ever point a real gun at someone in that situation, let alone pull the trigger even if I had personally cleared the gun which I would have---and Baldwin should have---regardless if on paper it is the armorer's job.

Respectfully...if they had standards on that set the woman would still be alive.

The buck stops at the producer.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It may be hard for actors to check firearms....a lever action, having tube magazine with cartridges not readily visible would have to be unloaded and reloaded by the actor each and every time its passed to him. What about war movies with high capacity magazines? The actor would have to strip the magazine, to examine each and every cartridges and feed them back into the magazine. There shouldn't be live ammo on site, period. No live ammo.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

The jury will decide.......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.