Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Any particular 22lr handgun models you could recommend that do well with suppressor? For example I google issues with Ruger's 22/45 Lite version having issues with being suppressed, there other models seem ok.

The one stickler, is that the 22lr handgun needs to be ambidextrous since I'm southpaw.

So far the two models I've come up with are S&W M&P22 (fullsize or compact) and Ruger 22/45 tactical models (like the 1911 grip angle), but never held the mark IV to see how I like their grip.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
I've had several Ruger and Colt 22lr 22mag single actions. They're fun.

I've had High Standards, Colt Woodsman, old Ruger MKI and a like new condition vintage S&W 41 . They were nice.

The one really like is the small discontinued Beretta 75 series. I've got one with the little 6" barrel. This is a small light pistol worth packing. A classic that isn't bulkyike the Buckmarks and the S&W Victory 22. The little Beretta is a packing pistol and the Israelis love them.

I pretty much agree with all that though I like those Berettas with their barrels flush with the slide. I had an old Beretta 948 22 when I was 16-17 years old that clobbered lots of small game and snakes.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by RGK
Here's a good one...light, easy to shoot well and a joy to carry. Walther PP.
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Very nice indeed. Does she work with standard velocity fodder? I've heard that some shooter tend to the shorter PPK because the lesser weight of the slide will provide better performance with standard loads.

Elmer Keith
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by RGK
Here's a good one...light, easy to shoot well and a joy to carry. Walther PP.
Bob

I have one of those. Mine was born in 1939. Awesome little pistol.

So your PP must have been made in Zella-Mehlis, Thuringia.

Too bad that your guys left that area in July 1945 and that they had to leave it with the commies.

Elmer Keith
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGray
Why own a 22lr handgun? Why not - they're a lot of fun...

You end up buying something like this:

That looks like Norm's work.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by leomort
I use to own a 22lr handgun: S&W 617 but it was so large and bulky that I got rid of it. I haven't replace my 22lr handgun and I went straight to a 4" barrel 357mag that I shoot 38spec wadcutters or swc and truthfully haven't missed a 22lr handgun. So why own a 22lr handgun?

If you reload and don't want to own multiple handguns your theory is sound.

My son skipped the 22 handgun altogether and went straight to a Model 14. I'd load piles of 158gr semi-wadcutters @ 850fps and let him learn.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
On a Dillon?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by viking
On a Dillon?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have a 4" staibless Ruger
Just fun to shoot

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I couldn't imagine not having at least one 22 handgun. My next one will be a 4 inch M48 S&W

IC B3

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
@deflave, yes I reload. Another part of my reason was during the Obama years when 22lr ammo was scare and expensive (relative to what 22lr). I figure I could load 38spec for cheaper; 38spec brass last forever, lead bullets were cheap as were primers.

As of today 22lr ammo is starting to come back albeit a bit more $$$, but everything cost more $$$, lol!

I know I get frustrated with these shortages that seem to happen more and more often, granted they usually only last about two year. But if you did google searches about past shortages "how to download these cartridge: or "what's good substitute for 22lr", etc.

I've learned my lesson and have since stock up on 22lr ammo so I am good for awhile.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
@deflave, yes I reload. Another part of my reason was during the Obama years when 22lr ammo was scare and expensive (relative to what 22lr). I figure I could load 38spec for cheaper; 38spec brass last forever, lead bullets were cheap as were primers.

As of today 22lr ammo is starting to come back albeit a bit more $$$, but everything cost more $$$, lol!

I know I get frustrated with these shortages that seem to happen more and more often, granted they usually only last about two year. But if you did google searches about past shortages "how to download these cartridge: or "what's good substitute for 22lr", etc.

I've learned my lesson and have since stock up on 22lr ammo so I am good for awhile.

You're definitely not wrong.

Sedate .38's can pull yeoman duties on all types of schit.

But this is coming from a guy that lost count of how many 22's he owns. LOL

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
@deflave, if I get 22lr handgun, I want one that can be suppressed! That would be the cat's meow! My wife likes the Ruger 22/45 Lites because of they way they look. She informed me she already has her colored picked out, lol! I've heard issues with 22/45 Lites when running a suppressor so I'ld probably go with 22/45 target barrel. They look southpaw friendly.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
For inexpensive pistol target practice. My main 22lr pistol is a Ruger MK II Government Target Model with the 6-7/8” bull barrel.

That is one of my favorite 22 handguns, cheap to shoot and very accurate. I do like my single six but for accuracy the Mark ll is hands down more accurate. Would love to own a colt woodsman, maybe someday. Bought my better half a Smith and Wesson Victory for Christmas last year that's a nice plinking pistol.

Last edited by Mwbyler; 11/03/21.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
@deflave, if I get 22lr handgun, I want one that can be suppressed! That would be the cat's meow! My wife likes the Ruger 22/45 Lites because of they way they look. She informed me she already has her colored picked out, lol! I've heard issues with 22/45 Lites when running a suppressor so I'ld probably go with 22/45 target barrel. They look southpaw friendly.

I've never had a single issue with my 22/45 lite with my silencerco switchback. Other than my wife asking why there are all these 22 casings in the driveway.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have 2 Ruger .22 semi-autos. My original "Std" wears a Tasco 2X scope on a B-Square mount. My "newer" version has a Mark II Target stainless upper/bull barrel with a suppressor, wears a Leopold 2X o a Wegatimmey rail mount. Both have wood grips and add-on "cocking enhancers".

Bout as much fun as a small pistol could be, and also very useful "tools" in the woods.

Zero problems with the suppressor equipped action.

Mike Holmes

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by GF1
I’d much rather be without a .22 rifle than a .22 handgun. I have had my 1968 vintage K-22 for 45 years. It’s been with me a lot of places and in a lot of memories. It is absolutely the last gun I would get rid of.

GF1, That's an interesting statement that you made. Can you explain why you would rather be without a 22 rifle than 22 handgun?

A big part of my love for .22 handguns in particular is that I have them with me so much more than .22 rifles. I like a good .22 rifle very much, but in many situations I have found them inconvenient, whereas a good revolver or pistol rides along easily.

In a word, I just find them handy.

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
GF1, Thank you for your reply! Makes sense.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I shall assume that OP has neither held nor shot Beretta's M9-22. Once you do the rest is self-explanatory as to why have a 22lr handgun.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JGray
Why own a 22lr handgun? Why not - they're a lot of fun...

You end up buying something like this:

That looks like Norm's work.

You're correct...

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 14,543 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,304
Posts18,545,389
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.