Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right next the the VP of HR's car.

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

Originally Posted by lucky_7
In our town, a kid got suspended from school cause he had been out hunting, put the gun in his gun rack. the truck was in the school parkin' lot. they finally over turned the suspension cause his parents were very prominent. Talk about pulling strings. Dave

ATT fired someone for the same issue. No firearms allowed on ATT company property.

Last edited by hayes1966; 01/16/08.

NRA Certified Instructor - Si vis pacem, para bellum - http://www.ct-permit.com
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A former plant manager where I work wanted to search the plastic gun case on an employees moped because of the company policy against weapons. The employee said he could, but he was going to search everyone of the several hundred other vehicles in the parking lot. The plant manager decided he didn't want to fire several people that day.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Finally!

Maine: Gov LePage signs Right-to-Carry bills.

Gov. Paul LePage has signed into law three bills expanding the rights of concealed weapons permit holders in Maine. One of the bills, signed Tuesday, would bar businesses from prohibiting employees who have concealed firearms permits from keeping a firearm in their vehicle, as long as the vehicle is locked and the firearm is not visible.

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?id=15260

Last edited by Scottyman; 07/09/11.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Why only those with a concealed permit? It excludes the guy who wants to go bird hunting after work from having his shotgun in the trunk. In Idaho, at least, concealed carry only pertains to handguns and.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Why only those with a concealed permit? It excludes the guy who wants to go bird hunting after work from having his shotgun in the trunk. In Idaho, at least, concealed carry only pertains to handguns and.

I know it's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.
More people will have to get CC permits.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by denton
If you check the state and local laws in allot of areas you will also find out that having a firearm in a vehicle, that is not unloaded and locked in a container, is also against the law if you are within 1,000 feet of a school.

That is/was a federal law. Its actual status is somewhat perplexing. It was tossed out by SCOTUS, who said the federal government over-reached the commerce clause to include an area of legislation that belonged to the state. Congress then effectively said, "We can too do that." They changed the wording very slightly, and passed the law again. I don't think anybody expects that law to be enforced again, but I guess it's still on the books.

U.S v. Lopez
Went to the US Supreme Court.

XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image] + [Linked Image] = WHEEEEE!!!!!

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Depends on the state. Some states have legislated that companies cannot do this. But mostly, yes.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sream and shout your dissaproval of their rules , that way they know who to check.DA

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A fishing pole is a weapon, to a fish.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
W
W
Pulling something other than strings !!! I went to school and hunted in Minnesota and New York, They always were fine with knowing that we had our shotguns in the truck everyday.

Tracy T.Ball
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The City of Anchorage used to have that rule for its employees vehicles. They were challenged and lost in court, just of the case was it denied lawful protection to and from the work place

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
In a word: no.

It's their private property. They can post it as they wish, within the confines of state law.

You choose to work there, so you play by their rules on their property.

Yeah. It's absolutely, positively stupid, but it's private property and they can do as they wish.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You could park off premises .....

Yeah, exercise some personal initiative. That is the approach I would try to take! (If I could park in a secure location like a parking garage - not owned by my employer!).

Then if my employer tried to force me to take an issued parking sticker ...... might open a whole 'nuther can-o-worms! Esp if the employer then said he could do spot inspections on employee's vehicles?

That pissing contest at that point might be fun! smirk

Biggest challenge to this alternative suggestion is whether the new parking location is safe enough to avoid having your rig "burgled" or vandalized during the work day/shift. wink

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by ibfestus

He never even blinked.

While what you said to the Cop really was pretty good, Citizen Joe has to understand the Average LEO hears more stupid in a single average shift that the rest of us would hear in 168 hours of cable 'news'.

So the average LEO gets pretty immune to reacting to anything said to them.

The Tea Party: An American Political Party based on a 4th grade understanding of History.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The way it was explained to me, when the question came up several years ago was that your vehicle was considered part of your house. That might not be the correct terminology, but I think it means that if you can legally have it in your home, then you can legally have it in your vehicle.

It was further explained that, while legal to have it in your vehicle under the conditions explained above, that if you removed the firearm from your vehicle and actually carried it anywhere on company property, even from one car to another, then you were in violation or the rule or law or whatever it is.

This was several years ago, and I do not remember if this was a state or federal law, or both.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FL has a law that prevents them from searching your car.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Here in Kentucky your employer is prohibited from preventing employees and customers from possessing firearms in their vehicles.

NRA Benefactor Member
I guess a concealed weapon permit is useless in this matter of having a wepon on company property.
Even if you leave it in your car.

Last edited by BigKenny; 11/30/12.

If you can catch or kill it I can cook it.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1234, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.