Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A recent poll showed that 4.6 million Californians moved to Texas in 2021

A recent poll showed that 3.2 million Californians moved to Montana in 2021

A recent poll showed that 1.1 million Californians moved to Virginia in 2021

A recent poll showed that not a SINGLE ONE OF THOSE DUMB [bleep] moved to West Virginia from 1990 to 2021.

*Data Source is totally fictitious, but you get the point.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Of course!
According to some - I'm both. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't think I'm a hillbilly or wacko, but acknowledge your perspective may vary.

GoHF

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I am what I am.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m a SandBilly…

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by renegade50
What about azzhole with some characteristics of whacko???

Asking for a friend....

Hey, we know slummy can post his ownself. The least you could do is use a sock puppet. smile

Last edited by las; 11/11/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

It was a literal tossup between the NRA and the Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker ministries as to which sent out the most junk mail pleading for donations, including naming them as recipients of personal assets in last wills.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
I don’t understand why so many have trouble seeing the NRA for what they are. I instinctively knew, in my early twenties, what they were about, and told them so at the time. I pulled up to my local gun shop one rainy afternoon driving my old pickup, figured I’d kill some time on the way home from getting rained off the job. Spanking new red Cadillac pulls up next to me, and two fat guys in expensive suits got out. I followed them into the shop, where I found out what that jar one had under his arm was for. It was a donation jar for the NRA, they were doing a funding drive, and pretty much demanded the shop owner place it on his counter.

I told them they had all the nerve coming out to the country and asking us poor working stiffs for more money, when so many of us were dues paying members already. Told them maybe wear a cheaper suit, and sell that Caddy, get a Malibu or something to go begging in, it would seem more legit. They asked if I was a member, I told them hell no, I spent my money on ammo and GOA. That chilled them off. Shop owner and several others were there, mouths agape. Fat cats beat a retreat, and the shop owner busted up as soon as they shut the door, asked me where I got such a case of the azz with the NRA. I told him the minute I saw those fat slobs in their expensive suits and flashy car begging for extra money from a working man, I was done. Told me all I needed to know about the organization, right there.

GOA’s man showed up in jeans and a shirt. Driving his own personal nondescript rig. And he didn’t help write any gun control acts. Kinda went a long way with me. Our friends on this side have never been the suit and tie elites. Anyone who really cares about liberty is generally operating on their own money and not much of it. Any extra anyone gives them goes right into the fight. Anyone who has seen the NRA in action knows that ain’t them.

After spending many years in state legislature I wholeheartedly agree with this.... You nailed it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ironic how,
Redneck
Hillbilly
Hayseed
Coonass...
Were slurs that the targeted have adopted with pride.

And yet other groups with similar "names" not only can't
do that, they create their own new "acceprable" titles.
Then, consider them offensive.

Just a simple Hillbilly observation.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That article says much more about the leadership of the NRA than it does about the membership.

I became a Life Member in the middle 90s. If I was considering it these days I'd decline. NRA doesn't get a nickel from me anymore and never will as long as its bylaws remain as they are.

I do NOT regret life membership in GOA. Think I'll donate today.

NRA has long outlived its usefulness.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Consider the source, NPR.

Yes, the source of the heavily edited, unsubstantiated 22 year old recordings. NPR has been known to pull underhanded schitt in the past, have they not?

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm definitely a hillbilly. Born in Eastern Ky. and moved to Central Ohio when I was 8 years old. Proud of my Scots Irish Appalachian heritage. Funny how the left likes to take normal words and turn them into something bad. Gay used to mean happy and care free. Now it means pole smoker. Redneck started out when union coal miners marched wearing red bandanas. When I was growing up, redneck meant a guy who would fight (so don't F with him). The left has turned the meaning of redneck to mean a racist. They love doing that crap.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from curbsideclassic.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My ol lady being French, though my guns n Jeeps were redneck.

Like that dumbass was sooooo sophisticated ( have more college than her ).

She bought a gun and a Jeep a few yrs back. But she also listens to the local.country music station ( total fing retards ).

I dont listen to country. Dont listen to rap either.
And no pot metal or Aerosmith

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Hillbilly was a negative term years ago around here.
The positive version was " good ol boy ".

Socially hillbilly and redneck are now used as positives.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Guilty of all the above charges and damn sure ain't ashamed of it.

and am certainly in good company, near and far.....

hell, a dumb ignorant redneck, still has more common sense that most well educated so called intellectuals...

you don't need a college degree or two to be a dumbass,, but the average uneducated redneck sure has more of a reason to be one. that a bozo that had to go
and be taught to be a dumbass, and had to pay big bucks to achieve it.

and just for conversations sake.... I have 16 years of post high school education under my belt... and none of it made me any more dumber than I was before I achieved it.

Recommended reading for you intellectual types:

https://www.amazon.com/Much-Schooling-Need-Completely-Stupid/dp/0981936288

Well said !!

I guess you could say I'm in good company.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

235 members (1minute, 338reddog, 45_100, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 1beaver_shooter, 28 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,902
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.