Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If I don’t have at least 200 rounds per rifle I feel naked. Several rifles are the same caliber so they still get a minimum allocation of 200 rounds each. I usually have much more on hand.

As far as components go……I have enough for a lifetime. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Considering bullet, powder and primer shortages since Obama was elected in 2007 having 200 to 300 loaded rounds per " Hunting Rifle" just makes sense at least to me. OF course I didn't mention favorite bullets that have been discontinued by various manufactures.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Only benefit I see leaving them unloaded is if you ever want to sell any of it. Pretty hard to sell reloads.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by aboltfan
I've pretty much bought all the rifles I'm going to buy. If I buy another it will be something I don't have and will need components anyway.

Another thing, I'm done loading for individual rifles. My ammo will be able to be used in any rifle the cartridge is appropriate for. It might not be as accurate as loads made up for a specific rifle, but it will work just fine. Basically, I'm putting together factory equivalent ammo.

Along with that thought process, I decided that components on the shelf ain't worth a damn when a weapon is needed. I've spent most of the year thus far, loading for all that I have. Still got a long way to go getting it done. When I'm finished, my 4 and 9 year old grandsons will still be using my ammo when I'm gone. I will always have handgun and .223 ammo to load at the rate my bunch wants to shoot it.

Sounds like sacrilege to most on here I'm sure, but that's where I'm at.

Understand completely when a guy has a dozen 30-06's it 's pretty anal to work up a load for each one. Having ammo that is a known quality in a rifle ready to go is better than last minute reloading.. mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
Only benefit I see leaving them unloaded is if you ever want to sell any of it. Pretty hard to sell reloads.

Or if you’re prone to changing your mind about that ‘perfect’ bullet you’ll shoot forever. Not that looneys are attracted to the new, shiny, better, deadlier, more accurate……..no, not at all. Not me anyway. Except for those couple of thousand .224 I was about to load en masse that I’m having second thoughts about, or those Ballistic Tips replaced by TSXs, or…..

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I constantly evaluate bullets and powders, so I normally have about 50 rounds of load development ready to shoot for each big game rifle.

At the start of a season I make a call on what rifle/bullet/powder I want to use and load between 3 and 20 rounds and go hunt. A few seasons ago I loaded three for whitetail rut week at midnight the night before traveling to camp: shot a doe with #1, coyote #2, came home with #3.

I do keep 500-1k rounds of pistol and AR 223 ready to go of loads that consistently shoot well; for range fun. I load these on a progressive, so I load several hundred at a time when getting low.

I am always chasing the magic rifle load, so I don’t keep large volumes loaded - may find something better! I’d rather have the components read to load than loaded.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, Bclark, 6 invisible), 1,139 guests, and 778 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,687
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.