K
Don't need a swap barrel hunting gun. Bring back the 527 and 550

NRA lifetime member
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
When I had my shop I was so disgusted with the lack of customer service from CZ that I quit stocking them and if someone wanted a special order I warned them about the lack of customer service and told them that THEY were responsible for shipping it back to CZ. Once those POS were out the door I absolved myself of further responsibility. CZ and Armalite can suck a bag of dicks!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
When I had my shop I was so disgusted with the lack of customer service from CZ that I quit stocking them and if someone wanted a special order I warned them about the lack of customer service and told them that THEY were responsible for shipping it back to CZ. Once those POS were out the door I absolved myself of further responsibility. CZ and Armalite can suck a bag of dicks!

wow aces! i've had just the opposite on CZ customer service as you bud. CZ USA has always taken care of whatever issue i've had.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am so glad to see manufacturers completely abandon appearance and focus solely on function.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If viewed on their own merits they look at least interesting, but as replacements for classic favorites….oh well. Gotta wonder what prompted this slash and burn decision, and also where the Hell is the 6.5 Grendel?

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Pappy, I think it is a sign of the times. Being a European resident, I'll opine on this trend. I hunt with 3 different hunting associations with each having up to 50 and possibly more members. The middle aged and older hunters own 1, 2 or 3 hunting guns and most own traditional looking and constructed rifles (a lot of CZ 550's) and shotguns. These old guys will probably not buy another gun for the rest of their lives. Now, the younger hunters and the new ones just starting out just love the rakish European styling and could not give a damn if the new rifle they buy is mostly aluminum and plastic and is glued and pressed fit together. So the sales to the younger hunters are mostly what seems to be keeping the manufacturers making guns. So they will keep making what is moving off the shelves. I just try to get along with the hunters of all ages and respect their choices.
I think maybe CZ has possibly read the U.S. gun market incorrectly. Old guys in the U.S. buy a lot of guns up almost until they die. And a large percentage of that large market like their guns to look traditional or at least be put together traditional. This brings up another big difference in European and American gun owners. Many, many Americans are gun Loonies who build, customize and repair their own guns. Europeans for the vast majority do not do anything to the rifle from the time they buy it, except maybe change a scope. And, the vast majority take it to a gunsmith to have that done. RJ

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Surprised no one has mentioned that CZ has already had a 600 series...the ZKK 600, ZKK 601, ZKK 602.

Odd that they are reusing the numerical designation.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I will be getting a new CZ as soon as I can order one . That new line has some classy looking rigs . I wish american companies would catch on and broaden their range instead of all the cookie cutter rifles being pumped out . Clones of clones gets boring .CZ knows what they are doing ,some folks just hate to admit it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay rj, I’ll buy that.

You certainly have me pegged correctly as an Old American Guy, though I’m feeling pretty full up now after my latest acquisition, an M70 EW MB .308. I seldom even feel a twinge of desire lately. Other geezers at my club seem to keep feeding the beast, though the sort of beast varies, and surprising to me, many either have never hunted, or have given it up. Not sure why, though lack of access to private property is a good suspect. I’m very content hunting on mostly one WMA, and do pretty well there.

IIRC the tone of their announcement from a few months back, it seemed they were going to be running lean and mean, and the new stuff seems more suitable for modern manufacturing practices, including the ability jump from one product to another easily. Might also be that the tooling (and skilled labor!) for the old lines was getting worn out and rather than replace it, they moved on, even if that meant losing the U.S. sales of the classics. I seem to recall them mentioning the good supply of old models remaining in the pipeline for fans of those.

Waidmannsheil!

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Ky221
452 gone
455 gone
527 gone
550 gone.

Wtf are they thinking? I'm glad I have my 452 .22LR and a 527 .221FB

I'm still pizzed that they no longer offer the Brno 22F....

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gtscotty
A lot of weird choices here, they dropped 6.5 Grendel, skipped 6mm ARC and picked up .224 Valk that basically has both feet in the grave at this point. But then they don't offer any of those in the Trail? Just .223 (7 twist but cramped in short mags), and 7.62x39 (so they are making Grendel sized bolt faces anyway

Spot on and makes no sense, though, with the interchangeable barrels, they can easily add calibers later.

With the demise of the 527, there goes the only option for a bolt-action 22 Hornet.

Makes you wonder if they picked up some of the unemployed 'Cerebrus' talent that put Remington in the $hitter.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have ten CZ rimfire rifles and four 527s, but it looks like I'm done buying CZ rifles. I see nothing about this new rifle that appeals to me. That's okay, I have more than enough rifles as-is.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have zero CZ rifles and will not add one from that lineup. I always thought a 527 in 222 or Hornet would have been cool.

That is one screwed lineup of new rifles.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by chudly
I will be getting a new CZ as soon as I can order one . That new line has some classy looking rigs . I wish american companies would catch on and broaden their range instead of all the cookie cutter rifles being pumped out . Clones of clones gets boring .CZ knows what they are doing ,some folks just hate to admit it.

Cool, we have now identified the ill-informed tasteless clown they are aiming their sales pitch at.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
ha ha ha!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hook
Originally Posted by Ky221
452 gone
455 gone
527 gone
550 gone.

Wtf are they thinking? I'm glad I have my 452 .22LR and a 527 .221FB

I'm still pizzed that they no longer offer the Brno 22F....

& don't forget the Dan Wesson Valor, esp. the blued carbon steel variant. CZ had a real winner with that pistol.

Last edited by High_Noon; 11/20/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Dre
I’m not a fan of the 20” barrel for 308 and 06. 22” is just fine for hunting.

The trail model needs more than 223 and x39. Maybe 6.8 SPC and 6.5 Grendel. And since they don’t do stainless they need to at least haven an option for factory creakte.

20" is why I want it for hunting. Why buy an expensive rifle to chop?

I'd like stainless.

I didn't know it was ugly until I read it here. But cosmetics are for chic's.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (12344mag, 280Ackleyrized, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 47 invisible), 1,664 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,047
Posts18,521,183
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.