Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I gotta say, I used to never care much for turkey, but since moving to MT and eating Hooterite turkeys, I'm now a fan.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by T_Inman
If Denny's is open, Bon Appétit.

If they're closed....I guess a gas station burrito or something. I dunno but I will be checking traps all day and sure as hell won't come home to make anything.

I will cook you supper if you are close.

My submarine buddy is busy this year.

That is so sweet of you!

I can be a vagrant though, and tend to wear out my welcomes. What kind of beer ya got?
[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Remsen
I gotta say, I used to never care much for turkey, but since moving to MT and eating Hooterite turkeys, I'm now a fan.

I have 4 ordered.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 11/20/21.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Stop by, tin. We got room.

I do appreciate it, but driving 8+ hours for supper just isn't good time management skills.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If Denny's is open, Bon Appétit.

If they're closed....I guess a gas station burrito or something. I dunno but I will be checking traps all day and sure as hell won't come home to make anything.

I will cook you supper if you are close.

My submarine buddy is busy this year.

That is so sweet of you!

I can be a vagrant though, and tend to wear out my welcomes. What kind of beer ya got?
[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

Bud light, Miller Lite, Budweiser, White Squaw,..........and Wild Turkey.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I do appreciate it, but driving 8+ hours for supper just isn't good time management skills.

8 hours this time of year?

LOL!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
If anyone doesn’t have family visiting or somewhere to go on thanksgiving let me know so I can borrow some chairs Thanks

Last edited by 16penny; 11/20/21. Reason: Additional information

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

8 hours this time of year?

LOL!

Hells ya....no RVs to deal with.

Fly'n to the Penn. Icy roads be damned.

That includes a quick stop at the ABC.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My wife was /is in a cleaning frenzy as we have 8 people coming on Thur. Will be good to have my sister and my oldest daughter home.I will have a second Thanksgiving when i go to my family in New Hampshire on Friday to go hunting.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Ex-BiL and his family invite me over every year, I was married to his sister for 20 years we continue to be friends.

I usually coordinate to be there with my son and grandchild but that depends upon if he has her and what his present wife is planning.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Church is having one tomorrow.
Wont go, they have a meal every month, we miss every one.

One at my sis in law's Thursday night, my Mom's at 11.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Thanksgiving is a glorious time for many (I grew up with the HUGE Norman Rockwell TG feast/family EVERY TG and Christmas)... every single year.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

But with everybody dead, gone or woke... the wife, dogs and I will be having a quite one this year.

Not looking for sympathy or empathy... only saying "LOVE THEM WHILE YOU GOT THEM!"

That volunteering at the Church, DAV, VFW idea really hit home... may take that and really run with it for TG 2022. TG and Christmas has always been more about Giving than getting.

Y'all be Blessed and safe... we'll be eating Sitka deer and oysters... and front quarters for the dogs.

Last edited by CashisKing; 11/21/21.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No family visits this year so my wife and I will be at our travel trailer hunting, if we haven’t tagged out with 2 more bucks, and will visit the River House in Grassy Creek, NC on the banks of the North Fork New River. It’s an old estate that belonged to a country doctor in the early 1900s. Now the house and outbuildings have been turned into a bed and breakfast type with special dinners and events. Check it out:

https://www.riverhousenc.com

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Beginning to despise Thanksgiving

It’s nothing but a nuisance holiday, old people to bitch and complain, argue, old grannies to make a fuss over small details.

Turkey sucks, smells like butt the next day. Leftovers are big pain in the ass.

Whiny relatives. Unca David doesnt like celery in his dressing, Aunt Pam doesnt like onions or chopped meat in her dressings, Nana doesn’t like to brine the turkey, doesnt know what that it is, etc etc

Aways hits on the middle of Deer Rifle/ Rut session. It’s always a command performance you show up. Both nanas want you at their home 2 different weekends apart foe their own version of the meal.

JFC

Fugg it all

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Fried a turkey couple years back

Brother in law and sister wouldnt wait the extra 15 minutes for it to finish. They dove in and ate 17 rolls and was too full to eat anything else, got up and went to living room to watch TV

screw a bunch of family

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Beginning to despise Thanksgiving

It’s nothing but a nuisance holiday, old people to bitch and complain, argue, old grannies to make a fuss over small details.

Turkey sucks, smells like butt the next day. Leftovers are big pain in the ass.

Whiny relatives. Unca David doesnt like celery in his dressing, Aunt Pam doesnt like onions or chopped meat in her dressings, Nana doesn’t like to brine the turkey, doesnt know what that it is, etc etc

Aways hits on the middle of Deer Rifle/ Rut session. It’s always a command performance you show up. Both nanas want you at their home 2 different weekends apart foe their own version of the meal.

JFC

Fugg it all

laffin’. Sounds like the beginning of screenplay for a Chevy Chase “Thanksgiving Vacation” movie.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All the youngins are working on Thur so we're having everyone over today. Drybrine turkey going on weber in a few hours.

Getting ready to fix me a cuppa Non-Vetbro Joe.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We're going to our younger daughter's home. Son-in-law will be picking up the check for a uber-fancy restaurant meal. The only downside to that is no turkey sammiches next week.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I love that Rockwell painting!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Honestly....
I have had the best holiday dinner layouts at DFAC,s worldwide or a Menu # 25 mre ( bunch of rat fugged other 24 menus) in some schithole country....

And been around people I liked waaaaaaay more than ALOT of relatives fughing up schit with their "special" recipes or their stupid pieholes and mannerisms trying to assert their roles....

Thats the magic of breaking away and making your own path in life.
👍👍👍👍👍👍

Kids gone and grown.
Khan went to Colorado for Tday.
Youngest is home, she aint got vacay time from her job yet.
Her mission.
Take care of her dog and khan/wife,s dog and their 4 cats...
She is going to a friend's house for T day dinner.

Golden Corral for homie if I choose too.👍👍👍
Or whatever I decide.
Aint gotta deal with schitt.
And the humanity entertainment value alone of GC is worth the 20 bucks spent including a 4 buck tip in that 20.
All the waitress has to do is refill my lemonade 3 or 4 times and not a schit load of ice in it, which makes my drink last me longer and you aint gotta refill it so often.
If your a cute little spanker I will enjoy looking at your azz and hip sway as your walk away👍👍👍👍

Deer hunting FTCKY which opens back up tommorow after a 21 day shutdown and rifle hunting various TN places is my priority for the holidays.

I live a sad life...🤪🤪🤪🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lone Wolf Mcdikhead...
But I have earned that right to be judgemental in my mind.
99% of the inhabitants of this rock Suck the root honestly....

Metric schit tons of you cats on here are GTG.
Happy Holidays to ya all!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 11/21/21.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 38 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.