Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Squidge
This say the incident occurred at the ex-wife's house, does that make a difference?

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story...ock-judge-case-investigation/8765295002/

Chad Read, a 54-year-old Lubbock father, was fatally shot in South Lubbock outside his ex-wife's house after a confrontation between the former couple and the woman's boyfriend on Nov. 5.

Yes, but did Dad have legal right to be there on the porch to pick up kids??

Castle Doctrine in Texas says you DON’T have to retreat, but then again, it doesn’t really give you the right to ADVANCE (ie: OPEN a locked door/physical barrier, go OUTSIDE, ESCALATE the argument, THEN shoot a guy when argument goes south). There WAS physical separation. Call the cops and wait for them to remove him.

https://www.texasobserver.org/joe-horn-and-castle-doctrine-shootings-in-texas/

Joe Horn shot both in the back in broad daylight because they were stealing from his neighbor and he walked

This is in Texad and Texas law

STEALING. All the Dad was doing, initially, after being asked to leave, was TRESPASSING. The Mom and boyfriend had a right to “defend their castle” (home), but do they have a right to go OUTSIDE (around physical barrier) to ESCALATE the situation??

Woman was outside deceased was agitated and escalating in anger boyfriend came onto the porch to protect girlfriend and his property

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Hmmm,

Wife deliberately withholds children from father past court mandated pick-up time.

At boyfriends house.

Augment ensues , predictable argument.

Boyfriend jumps into a preplanned domestic dispute.

Ex- husband already triggered, tells weasel boyfriend to buzz off,

Boyfriend goes into house , comes out with a firearm in order to deescalate this preplanned domestic argument

Ex husband dies at the hands of boyfriend.

Ex-wife’s custody problems solved.

Bingo, it probably happened before and gave them the idea to end their problems in one swoop. They'll get away with it because the dad was a hot head.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
If she’s living with him then it’s her home too. That’s a BS argument.

From what I gather, it's the woman's house, new dude moved in.

She moved in with him but it’s still her residence.

I hope little man gets it broke off in his ass.

The little guy walks

I’m sure he will.

His ex-wife is a judge. He probably knows a thing or two about Texas law.

Current wife. Little fella is just shacking up with the whore.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
This say the incident occurred at the ex-wife's house, does that make a difference?

Chad Read, a 54-year-old Lubbock father, was fatally shot in South Lubbock outside his ex-wife's house after a confrontation between the former couple and the woman's boyfriend on Nov. 5.

Castle Doctrine in Texas says you DON’T have to retreat, but then again, it doesn’t really give you the right to ADVANCE (ie: OPEN a locked door/physical barrier, go OUTSIDE, ESCALATE the argument, THEN shoot a guy when argument goes south). There WAS physical separation. Call the cops and wait for them to remove him.

Joe Horn shot both in the back in broad daylight because they were stealing from his neighbor and he walked

STEALING. All the Dad was doing, initially, after being asked to leave, was TRESPASSING. The Mom and boyfriend had a right to “defend their castle” (home), but do they have a right to go OUTSIDE (around physical barrier) to ESCALATE the situation??

Woman was outside deceased was agitated and escalating in anger boyfriend came onto the porch to protect girlfriend and his property

She was calmly smoking a cig and deceased was nowhere near her. Banty rooster murdered him.

We’ll see what the courts say.

MAGA
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

Dad never laid a hand on ex-wife. Boyfriend was inside and retrieved gun (safe behind a physical barrier and could have called cops). The only legal leg they’ve got is trying to say that Mom was in fear of her life or serious physical harm. I didn’t see her running or acting like she was in fear of anything but a tongue-lashing. They baited this guy(or at least, she did), and he fell for it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree. Legal or not. Little guy is a puffed up puzzy.

Gonna be an awkward Christmas regardless.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
What does TX statutory law say about a situation such as this?

Basically, what does TX law say about use of deadly force against an unarmed but dangerous violent trespasser that refused to leave?

Shoot the bastard. You have the right to tell anyone to leave your property. Plus if some stupid bastard tries to and does disarm you are you really going to trust them not to shoot you?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Two idiots. One dead. One going to prison.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300

Basically, what does TX law say about use of deadly force against an unarmed but dangerous violent trespasser that refused to leave?

Shoot the bastard. You have the right to tell anyone to leave your property. Plus if some stupid bastard tries to and does disarm you are you really going to trust them not to shoot you?

I don’t know if you have the legal right to tell someone to leave your property when he is there legally to pickup his kids, at a court ordered time at their mothers residence.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Dad never laid a hand on ex-wife. Boyfriend was inside and retrieved gun (safe behind a physical barrier and could have called cops). The only legal leg they’ve got is trying to say that Mom was in fear of her life or serious physical harm. I didn’t see her running or acting like she was in fear of anything but a tongue-lashing. They baited this guy(or at least, she did), and he fell for it.

Can you quote the statue of Texas law that you are basing your opinion on?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I don’t know if you have the legal right to tell someone to leave your property when he is there legally to pickup his kids, at a court ordered time at their mothers residence.

Yes he had the right to tell him to leave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gsganzer

I agree with a major case of dumbass for all the players in that event. But I don't think the event had risen to the point that deadly force was warranted. I suspect a jury will agree.

Unbelievable stupidity, shooters in for a ten-twenty year a$s-reaming. Well-deserved too.

Will follow this one, it won't end well for anyone.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by gsganzer

I agree with a major case of dumbass for all the players in that event. But I don't think the event had risen to the point that deadly force was warranted. I suspect a jury will agree.

Unbelievable stupidity, shooters in for a ten-twenty year a$s-reaming. Well-deserved too.

Will follow this one, it won't end well for anyone.

Shooter walks, book it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He had the right to be there.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

According to you

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

According to you

You must be 5’4” too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

According to you

You must be 5’4” too.

No I'm just not an idiot like you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

According to you

You must be 5’4” too.

No I'm just not an idiot like you.

Sure thing, you’re a pussy like him.

Pussy. 😂

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JeffP
IDK Texas law but according to some reports, the shooters lawyer is citing “castle doctrine”.

As a side, it might be a good idea to refresh on your own state laws. Here, the shooter is going to jail.

Funny he was not charged or arrested.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.9.htm

Read Subchapter C, section 9.31

And

Section 9.33 c

Page 7 of 72 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (01Foreman400, 1234, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 160user, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,013
Posts18,481,562
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.