Page 10 of 72 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 71 72
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
“Don't see it that way he was asked to leave and did not. When boyfriend came onto the porch he got more aggressive.

Apparently not as cut and dried as you think, shooter hasn't been arrested or charged”

Nothing about this will be “cut and dried”. The questions will be:

1) Did boyfriend have right to introduce a gun (it wasn’t already in his hands/on his person)and bring it outside, for “trespassing”???

2) Did boyfriend have a legitimate reason to think ex-wife feared for her life or was about to get beaten, out there??

Trespassing is not a justification of legitimate use of deadly force.

Wife didn’t look that scared.

Watch first 5 seconds. Dad arguing with boyfriend. Then, boyfriend goes inside (not prevented by Dad) then COMES BACK OUTSIDE with gun he has retrieved.

Boyfriend was already in his “castle” (indoors), and took it upon himself to go outside to confront Dad about trespassing. Does the DOOR mark the line between “castle defense” and “escalation”??

We’ll see...

You're assuming that "castle" means inside the house...

Well, boyfriend had to go INSIDE, through a door WITH A LOCK, to retrieve his gun, then came back out, through the same door.

If a drunk is beating on your door at night, in an easily accessible residential neighborhood, do you open the door, go OUTSIDE, and shoot him??

I’m not trying to make a point, I’m asking??

He has a legal right to be anywhere he want's to be on his property.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like the rooster and chickens were talking trash to one of them also.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yeah, but did the boyfriend ever really have the “right” to go on the lawn with a gun, in the FIRST PLACE.

Folks always have a right to bear arms. It's in the Second Amendment.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
“Don't see it that way he was asked to leave and did not. When boyfriend came onto the porch he got more aggressive.

Apparently not as cut and dried as you think, shooter hasn't been arrested or charged”

1) Did boyfriend have right to introduce a gun (it wasn’t already in his hands/on his person)and bring it outside, for “trespassing”???

2) Did boyfriend have a legitimate reason to think ex-wife feared for her life or was about to get beaten, out there??

Watch first 5 seconds. Dad arguing with boyfriend. Then, boyfriend goes inside (not prevented by Dad) then COMES BACK OUTSIDE with gun he has retrieved.

Boyfriend was already in his “castle” (indoors), and took it upon himself to go outside to confront Dad about trespassing. Does the DOOR mark the line between “castle defense” and “escalation”??

We’ll see...

Well, boyfriend had to go INSIDE, through a door WITH A LOCK, to retrieve his gun, then came back out, through the same door.

If a drunk is beating on your door at night, in an easily accessible residential neighborhood, do you open the door, go OUTSIDE, and shoot him??

Exactly

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, but did the boyfriend ever really have the “right” to go on the lawn with a gun, in the FIRST PLACE.

Seems a lot of people think that firearms gives them magic powers like an amulet. Those court cases can get expensive. Good attorneys dont work for free ya know.

Some of the posters should up their home owner's policies.

Last edited by ribka; 11/27/21.
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

We’ll see...

He didn’t carry the gun on his “property” (at that moment), he retrieved and carried it to a VERBAL argument. I’ve got a right to have a firearm on my property, but do I have a right to pull it out and point it at someone for only trespassing/verbal argument, especially when they were there for a legal reason?

He wasn’t standing there with the gun at the START of the argument. He went to another area (behind a closed door) to retrieve it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ribka

Seems a lot of people think that firearms gives them magic powers like an amulet. Those court cases can get expensive. Good attorneys dont work for free ya know.

Doubt a grand jury will find a true bill against shooter

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

We’ll see...

He didn’t carry the gun on his “property” (at that moment), he retrieved and carried it to a VERBAL argument. I’ve got a right to have a firearm on my property, but do I have a right to pull it out and point it at someone for only trespassing/verbal argument, especially when they were there for a legal reason?

He wasn’t standing there with the gun at the START of the argument. He went to another area (behind a closed door) to retrieve it.

He didn't point the gun at the deceased until after the deceased grabbed the gun and slung the shooting onto the lawn from the porch.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
yep someone who stands with their arms locked to the sides of their body purposefully demonstrating a non threat posture definitely justifies shooting at their feet. Shooter felt threatened for his life Ill bet. lol

Also how many times has the deceased picked up his son for visitation at this residence? What did the visitation order instruct? How many times did the ex violate the court visitation order? I did nt hear the ex state that she had to meet him elsewhere to turn over the son.

Might be no trespass issues based on the order; not that trespassing justifies deadly force which of course it doesn't

Last edited by ribka; 11/27/21.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

Can you quote the statue of Texas law that you are basing your opinion on?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Their just keyboard warriors, all bark, no bite.

99.9% of the posters here would have ran scared schitless into the house and called the cops as soon as the guy raised his voice.

Yet they'll reply back as if they are Rambo or which ever other movie hero they base their wannabee tuff guy fantasies on.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The mother should have just had the son there as the court ordered.

It almost seems like a setup.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Like all of these shooting videos we dont have all of the information. Im only guessing based on the behavior of the shooter and the crazy ex. Still a lot of important info to take into consideration after a thorough investigation.

Originally Posted by jwp475

Doubt a grand jury will find a true bill against shooter

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Who posted that they pistol whipped some doode at the gun range?
Lol

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
These threads are hilarious

I won a Jimmy Olsen Award....So, there is that.

LOL

🤦‍♀️
🦫

I crack me up..

I can’t decide which is funnier, posters chiming in with bad info that contradicts the article and that had been clarified earlier, or posters that either watched a different video or willfully omit actions that don’t fit their narrative. Either way it’s always funny to read. Especially when the hormones start flowing.

MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

We’ll see...

If anyone is beating on my door and I tell them to get off my property my response is going to be go outside and remove him from my property if they don't voluntarily leave. In your mind I am supposed to do it with my hands? I am no longer in top physical condition regularly working out so I am going to do it by pointing a weapon at the individual. If he lunges at me and tries to take my 1911 in your mind I am supposed to let him grab it and fight him for it? No I am going to shoot him.

"Well, boyfriend had to go INSIDE, through a door WITH A LOCK, to retrieve his gun, then came back out, through the same door". What difference does that make? The man armed himself against an intruder.

I doubt this will be sent to court after the Grand Jury looks at it.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JeffA

Their just keyboard warriors, all bark, no bite.

99.9% of the posters here would have ran scared schitless into the house and called the cops as soon as the guy raised his voice.

Yet they'll reply back as if they are Rambo or which ever other movie hero they base their wannabee tuff guy fantasies on.

You must be speaking for yourself.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
These threads are hilarious

I won a Jimmy Olsen Award....So, there is that.
LOL
🤦‍♀️
🦫
are others than slum certified to award one?
😉

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Intruders aren’t suppose to be there, this guy was, apparently.

He should have let those two handle their business and kept his big vajayjay in the house, unless it got physical.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

We’ll see...

Not a verbal argument at all, he told the guy to get off his property. There is no argument after that. Once you are told to leave, even for trespassing (which you seem to not understand the implication of) if you don't leave you are the aggressor. It is true that you cannot just shoot someone you see across your pasture trespassing. If you confront the intruder and he does not leave the situation has changed to the trespasser being the aggressor. Wait for the Game Warden? Suppose he starts pushing you around and grabs your gun? I agree the incident should not have happened and it would not have if the trespasser had left when asked.

Dog I rescued in January

Page 10 of 72 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 1,602 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,991
Posts18,520,194
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.