Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 72 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 71 72
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Just glad to see that none of my cousins were involved in this escapade.

laugh

crazy
Yep, when I read headlines like this one in my area the first thing I think is "oh chit soandso has gone an done it".

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
“Don't see it that way he was asked to leave and did not. When boyfriend came onto the porch he got more aggressive.

Apparently not as cut and dried as you think, shooter hasn't been arrested or charged”

Nothing about this will be “cut and dried”. The questions will be:

1) Did boyfriend have right to introduce a gun (it wasn’t already in his hands/on his person)and bring it outside, for “trespassing”???

2) Did boyfriend have a legitimate reason to think ex-wife feared for her life or was about to get beaten, out there??

Trespassing is not a justification of legitimate use of deadly force.

Wife didn’t look that scared.

Watch first 5 seconds. Dad arguing with boyfriend. Then, boyfriend goes inside (not prevented by Dad) then COMES BACK OUTSIDE with gun he has retrieved.

Boyfriend was already in his “castle” (indoors), and took it upon himself to go outside to confront Dad about trespassing. Does the DOOR mark the line between “castle defense” and “escalation”??

We’ll see...

You're assuming that "castle" means inside the house...

Well, boyfriend had to go INSIDE, through a door WITH A LOCK, to retrieve his gun, then came back out, through the same door.

If a drunk is beating on your door at night, in an easily accessible residential neighborhood, do you open the door, go OUTSIDE, and shoot him??

I’m not trying to make a point, I’m asking??

He has a legal right to be anywhere he want's to be on his property.

He didn’t carry the gun on his “property” (at that moment), he retrieved and carried it to a VERBAL argument. I’ve got a right to have a firearm on my property, but do I have a right to pull it out and point it at someone for only trespassing/verbal argument, especially when they were there for a legal reason?

He wasn’t standing there with the gun at the START of the argument. He went to another area (behind a closed door) to retrieve it.

Not a verbal argument at all, he told the guy to get off his property. There is no argument after that. Once you are told to leave, even for trespassing (which you seem to not understand the implication of) if you don't leave you are the aggressor. It is true that you cannot just shoot someone you see across your pasture trespassing. If you confront the intruder and he does not leave the situation has changed to the trespasser being the aggressor. Wait for the Game Warden? Suppose he starts pushing you around and grabs your gun? I agree the incident should not have happened and it would not have if the trespasser had left when asked.

Here it is called staying when forbidden and is illegal

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Intruders aren’t suppose to be there, this guy was, apparently.

He should have let those two handle their business and kept his big vajayjay in the house, unless it got physical.

So you didn't watch the videos? How was the guy supposed to "be there"? Especially after being told to leave? If my dogs sound off and I go check what is going on armed on my property and the trespassers refuse to leave are you saying I should go back inside and let them continue wandering around my house setting the dogs off? Wait for the Sheriff? That could take a while out here in the sticks. You do you. Be confronted and then go hide. Sounds about right.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

He should have let those two handle their business and kept his big vajayjay in the house, unless it got physical.

So you didn't watch the videos? How was the guy supposed to "be there"? Especially after being told to leave? If my dogs sound off and I go check what is going on armed on my property and the trespassers refuse to leave are you saying I should go back inside and let them continue wandering around my house setting the dogs off? Wait for the Sheriff? That could take a while out here in the sticks. You do you. Be confronted and then go hide. Sounds about right.

Exactly

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
“Don't see it that way he was asked to leave and did not. When boyfriend came onto the porch he got more aggressive.

Apparently not as cut and dried as you think, shooter hasn't been arrested or charged”

1) Did boyfriend have right to introduce a gun (it wasn’t already in his hands/on his person)and bring it outside, for “trespassing”???

2) Did boyfriend have a legitimate reason to think ex-wife feared for her life or was about to get beaten, out there??

Watch first 5 seconds. Dad arguing with boyfriend. Then, boyfriend goes inside (not prevented by Dad) then COMES BACK OUTSIDE with gun he has retrieved.

Boyfriend was already in his “castle” (indoors), and took it upon himself to go outside to confront Dad about trespassing. Does the DOOR mark the line between “castle defense” and “escalation”??

We’ll see...

Well, boyfriend had to go INSIDE, through a door WITH A LOCK, to retrieve his gun, then came back out, through the same door.

If a drunk is beating on your door at night, in an easily accessible residential neighborhood, do you open the door, go OUTSIDE, and shoot him??

He didn’t carry the gun on his “property” (at that moment), he retrieved and carried it to a VERBAL argument. I’ve got a right to have a firearm on my property, but do I have a right to pull it out and point it at someone for only trespassing/verbal argument, especially when they were there for a legal reason?

He wasn’t standing there with the gun at the START of the argument. He went to another area (behind a closed door) to retrieve it.

Not a verbal argument at all, he told the guy to get off his property. There is no argument after that. Once you are told to leave, even for trespassing (which you seem to not understand the implication of) if you don't leave you are the aggressor. It is true that you cannot just shoot someone you see across your pasture trespassing. If you confront the intruder and he does not leave the situation has changed to the trespasser being the aggressor. Wait for the Game Warden? Suppose he starts pushing you around and grabs your gun? I agree the incident should not have happened and it would not have if the trespasser had left when asked.

Still don’t think “not leaving” gives you the right to introduce a deadly weapon (that wasn’t there, previously) to the situation, by state law. The Dad wasn’t trying to get in the house (at least, not in the video). The only LEGAL reason for introducing the gun was “fear for life/safety”. Dad hadn’t hit ex, at that point. Had he made threats of violence, or was he just pizzed they wouldn’t produce the kids?? Watch the video. The boyfriend didn’t start out with the gun in his hands. He went inside and got it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He didn’t live there alone, his whore GF lived there too. That man’s business was with her and their sons. It was none of his business.

This was HER home too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
"
"Tresspasser aggressor"

Couldnt find that definition in the Texas penal code

https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/

Id bump home owners to at least 2 million

We’ll see...

Last edited by ribka; 11/27/21.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
The mother should have just had the son there as the court ordered.

It almost seems like a setup.

Yep. Having someone there to video the whole thing makes it seem like they all knew something was gonna happen.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This man was picking up his son, where else was he supposed to go? He had to be at this place at this given time to retrieve his son.

Good lord.
Some of you guys and your logic are baffling.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

He didn’t live there alone, his whore GF lived there too. That man’s business was with her and their sons. It was none of his business.

This was HER home too.

Funny post so they are supposed to take a vote on whether or not the guy can push the guy around in his own yard? You are pitiful. If as you say the mans business was with her and her sons he should have left and she could have met with him elsewhere. Suppose the woman was not with her ex because in the past he had been violent with her? He certainly exhibited aggressive behavior.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I’m certain, SB wouldn’t be running and hiding if the situation warranted force in any shape or form. The ex-husband was there, legally “initially” to pick up his kids @ 3:15PM ex-wife was playing BS games of hide the kids, and piss off the ex-husband.

Police were supposedly already called and coming - per one of the individuals taking the video. Cops usually don’t roll on civil matters unless they’re escalating to violence - IME

Sure, the ex-husband should have left the property and waited for the police. And, I’m not going to dispute you or anyone else on what Texas law allows for self defense.

I’m just saying the little man was a cûnt.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jwp475

Exactly

3 million.

I think I saw you at the Cabelas gun counter yesterday practicing your quick draw with a kel tec to see if you were were going to buy it.

Hate to see trick or treaters trespass on your property on Halloween

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by ironbender
The mother should have just had the son there as the court ordered.

It almost seems like a setup.

Yep. Having someone there to video the whole thing makes it seem like they all knew something was gonna happen.

Who ran video from inside? Dead dude’s ex-MIL?

That don’t pass the smell test.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This was HER home too.

Funny post so they are supposed to take a vote on whether or not the guy can push the guy around in his own yard? You are pitiful. If as you say the mans business was with her and her sons he should have left and she could have met with him elsewhere. Suppose the woman was not with her ex because in the past he had been violent with her? He certainly exhibited aggressive behavior.

Violent past? You’re doing SWAG now.

Keep my kids from me and I’d be really pissed too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by broomd

This man was picking up his son, where else was he supposed to go? He had to be at this place at this given time to retrieve his son.

Good lord.
Some of you guys and your logic are baffling.

Sure but once he was told the boy was not there he should have left and called the Sheriff or just gone to where he was told the boy was. 3:15 is an odd time of day to pick up a kid. Are you saying the guy had every right to push the other guy around?

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
That was really smart to shoot at the non aggressive guy's feet before he killed him. Really smart.

Is a warning shots deadly force in Texas and is it a felony?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Already looking at 2 felonies now

[/quote]

Good lord.
Some of you guys and your logic are baffling. [/quote]

Sure but once he was told the boy was not there he should have left and called the Sheriff or just gone to where he was told the boy was. 3:15 is an odd time of day to pick up a kid. Are you saying the guy had every right to push the other guy around?[/quote]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Next time one of my wife’s friends come over, that I don’t like I’m gonna tell her to leave. She don’t? I’ll shoot that bitch.

This is my [bleep] house. 😆

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by jwp475

Exactly

3 million.

I think I saw you at the Cabelas gun counter yesterday practicing your quick draw with a kel tec to see if you were were going to buy it.

Hate to see trick or treaters trespass on your property on Halloween

Good lord you didn't see me at cabela's or anywhere else.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

This was HER home too.

Violent past? You’re doing SWAG now.

Keep my kids from me and I’d be really pissed too.

So why do you think the two were no longer married? Obviously the courts felt there was a reason for limited visitation. Are you sure he had no violent past? If the situation was that you were in the "boyfriends" shoes would you let the guy push you around in front of your woman? On your front porch? Do you think a physical fight in the front yard would have been a better idea? You would be all for gettin your @ss kicked in your own front yard?

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
[quote=ribka]That was really smart to shoot at the non aggressive guy's feet before he killed him. Really smart.

Non aggressive? Watch the video.

Dog I rescued in January

Page 11 of 72 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (450yukon, 673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 27 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,864
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.