Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 72 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 71 72
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by antlers
What the family court system has systematically and by design done to this country is probably the worst thing that has ever been done to the people of this country.

And nobody ever wants to talk about fixing it.

Love your wife, stay at home, make it work. Like millions of families do.

If your mom keeps sucking my dick, should your dad make it work?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Iā€™m sure heā€™ll walk, heā€™s still a huge vagina.

Dead man was stupid, but he wasnā€™t a vagina.

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by goalie
It's not what I would have done, but I'm going to say that the dead guy not leaving when told to leave and becoming physical might be enough to keep the not smart guy out of prison.

There could be a LOT more to the story than what we see in a short video clip that could easily change my opinion.

Exactly.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SandBilly

So you side with stupid. Stupid gets people killed every year. You are a pussy.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by SandBilly

So you side with stupid. Stupid gets people killed every year. You are a pussy.

šŸ¤£ settle down Karen, you ainā€™t dead yet.

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
There were many mistakes that lead to that guy's death.

He should have left when told to.

Gun should have been left in the house, and the police called.

Never fire a warning shot.

When someone has a gun and tells you to leave their property... Leave. Don't assault the gun guy and try to get the gun away from him.

I'm pretty sure the grand jury will true bill the shooter, depending on the DA's recommendation.

Yep. Lots of mistakes by both.

Dumbass # 1 should have stayed in the house. And shouldnā€™t have bought out his gun. And never should have fired a warning shot. Thatā€™s not legal. And bringing a gun into an argument was more stupidity. He should have called the cops.

Dumbass # 2 should have left when told to leave. And never should have tried to take the gun. And shouldā€™ve called the Cops.

Results: Dumbass # 1 will be charged with some degree of Homicide after the Grand Jury convenes.

Dumbass # 2 is Dead. He should have walked away and called the Cops.

You canā€™t shoot someone for Trespass in TX. Or being an asswhole. Both dumbasses lost here. One lost his life. The other is about to lose his freedom.

He wasn't shot for trespass or being an asswhole. He was shot because the other man was afraid of him. Probably thought the man was going to take away that loaded firearm. He might have done well to go inside and let those two argue it out. You can get into a lot of crap trying to take up for a woman when she ain't worth it.

Yep. Most women arenā€™t worth it.

When dumbasses collide! šŸ˜¬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
It's not what I would have done, but I'm going to say that the dead guy not leaving when told to leave and becoming physical might be enough to keep the not smart guy out of prison.

There could be a LOT more to the story than what we see in a short video clip that could easily change my opinion.

Manslaughter is a thing. When little man capped at that dudes feet, it was negligent at the very least. He will face charges and likely do some time. Most of us here believe in castle type laws, but little dude escalated this situation to death.

I can't see Governor Abbott and TX AG letting this completely slide.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Texas law is pretty clear on these issues and dad clearly advanced on the little guy.

Dad also verbalized that he would take the weapon from little guy and fugk him with it. Which would easily be interpreted as a threat of deadly force by most people.

Dad made two overt motions to grab the weapon. He was shot the second time.

Even if arrested and charged, Texas jury isnā€™t going to convict based on that video.

Heā€™ll be charged. He fuqked up when he went and retrieved his weapon during a verbal argument. He became the aggressor at that point.
ā€Section 2 of Texas Penal Code 9:31 Use of Deadly Forceā€
ā€œ2) did not provoke the person against whom the force was used; ā€œ

Luckily for the little Asswhole, heā€™ll have to face a Lubbock Jury and not one in Dallas or Austin.

My guess is hell be charged and tried, but found Not Guilty.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/27/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jdm953
Originally Posted by broomd

Not a verbal argument at all, he told the guy to get off his property. There is no argument after that. Once you are told to leave, even for trespassing (which you seem to not understand the implication of) if you don't leave you are the aggressor. It is true that you cannot just shoot someone you see across your pasture trespassing. If you confront the intruder and he does not leave the situation has changed to the trespasser being the aggressor. Wait for the Game Warden? Suppose he starts pushing you around and grabs your gun? I agree the incident should not have happened and it would not have if the trespasser had left when asked.

This man was picking up his son, where else was he supposed to go? He had to be at this place at this given time to retrieve his son.

Good lord.
Some of you guys and your logic are baffling.

Sure but once he was told the boy was not there he should have left and called the Sheriff or just gone to where he was told the boy was. 3:15 is an odd time of day to pick up a kid. Are you saying the guy had every right to push the other guy around?

He hooked up with a woman who had baggage. He knew it . He knew to mind his own business. If he didnt think ex's would argue over their kids he is an idiot.

But did he feel the ex had a right to push him around on his own porch? He was actually minding his own business and property. He told the guy to leave and he did not. Would you go hide? How do you know the ex wouldn't go into the house?

He should have kicked back and enjoyed the show. This was between the ex's and about their son. It was none of his business. You dont get involved in parents arguments over their children. Ever.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Texas law is pretty clear on these issues and dad clearly advanced on the little guy.

Dad also verbalized that he would take the weapon from little guy and fugk him with it. Which would easily be interpreted as a threat of deadly force by most people.

Even if arrested and charged, Texas jury isnā€™t going to convict based on that video.

Heā€™ll be charged. He fuqked up when he went and retrieved his weapon during a verbal argument. He became the aggressor at that point.
Luckily for the little Asswhole, heā€™ll have to face a Lubbock Jury and not one in Dallas or Austin.

My guess is hell be charged and tried, but found Not Guilty.

He told the guy to leave his property.

When he didn't leave, the property owner armed himself.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Well, other than he should have been armed from the start. šŸ˜‰

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Interesting case. Dad grabbed the little guy, and threw him off of his own porch. Plus threatened to take the gun away, plus Dad was much bigger.

Texas.

I say the little guy walks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I don't know Texas law, and I certainly agree that dad clearly advanced on the shooter, threatened to take the weapon away from the shooter, and even attempted to take it. What I am wondering is whether Texas law authorizes a home occupant to point a firearm at a verbally irate person who does not leave his property upon the home occupant's request, because the issue of who is the aggressor could be determined based on that point rather than at the point where dad goes after the shooter. If home occupant was legally justified to point the gun, dad was the aggressor. If not, home occupant may be considered the initial aggressor for pointing the gun (ordinarily considered aggravated assault unless justifiable) and dad may have a right of self-defense which could include taking the gun away. (Dad did not step on the porch until after home occupant swung the rifle past dad.) I also agree that, at least around here, these cases are hard to get a conviction on an intentional homicide charge.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by antlers
What the family court system has systematically and by design done to this country is probably the worst thing that has ever been done to the people of this country.

And nobody ever wants to talk about fixing it.

Love your wife, stay at home, make it work. Like millions of families do.

If your mom keeps sucking my dick, should your dad make it work?

LOL

Never would have happened
But dadā€™s Should make better picks....

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

Spot on.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

I don't know Texas law, and I certainly agree that dad clearly advanced on the shooter, threatened to take the weapon away from the shooter, and even attempted to take it. What I am wondering is whether Texas law authorizes a home occupant to point a firearm at a verbally irate person who does not leave his property upon the home occupant's request, because the issue of who is the aggressor could be determined based on that point rather than at the point where dad goes after the shooter. If home occupant was legally justified to point the gun, dad was the aggressor. If not, home occupant may be considered the initial aggressor for pointing the gun (ordinarily considered aggravated assault unless justifiable) and dad may have a right of self-defense which could include taking the gun away. (Dad did not step on the porch until after home occupant swung the rifle past dad.) I also agree that, at least around here, these cases are hard to get a conviction on an intentional homicide charge.

Thatā€™s exactly where he fuqked up. You canā€™t point a gun at someone over verbal argument.
Like I mentioned in my above post, he became the Aggressor at that point.
And thatā€™s gonna come back and bite him in the ass.

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by smokepole
The mother should have just had the son there as the court ordered.

It almost seems like a setup.

Yep. Having someone there to video the whole thing makes it seem like they all knew something was gonna happen.

Who ran video from inside? Dead dudeā€™s ex-MIL?

I'm pretty sure it was jag. Coincidence??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The mother should have just had the son there as the court ordered.

It almost seems like a setup.

Yep. Having someone there to video the whole thing makes it seem like they all knew something was gonna happen.

Who ran video from inside? Dead dudeā€™s ex-MIL?

I'm pretty sure it was jag. Coincidence??

šŸ˜‚šŸ¦«

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
ā€œMolon Labeā€
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Years ago I was living in Wyoming. There was a Truck stop between Green River and Rocks Springs where a young man and his mothers boyfriend had a shoot out. Kid won and was not charged. Argument was over the man beating the young guys mother. Once you tell someone to leave your property no matter what if they do not leave they are the aggressor. None of us know what kind of man the dead guy was before his timely death.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Should have made a better pick....

That's incredibly insightful.

Thanks for contributing today.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Exactly

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 13 of 72 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 222Sako, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 12,930 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,369
Posts18,547,189
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.