Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 72 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 71 72
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Squidge
You're assuming the shooter was the legal property owner, it's not clear that he is.

He was legally present, dumb schit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You're assuming the shooter was the legal property owner, it's not clear that he is.

As long as the place was his home, rented or owned he had a right to tell anyone to leave.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by jdm953
Originally Posted by goalie
Some of you guys have a hard time grasping that the dead hothead was trespassing, was told to leave, refused to leave, and was aggressive.

Some dont seen to understand when parents are arguing over their children to mind their own business. Outsiders sticking their nose in it will only make things worse.

Some don't know that DIVORCED parents arguing over children needs to take place in front of a JUDGE..................

You would be in front of the judge every other month. All the woman had to do was what the judge told her to do. She couldnt even do that. I repeat" outsiders sticking their nose in it will only make things worse".

Last edited by jdm953; 11/27/21.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I'd love to read the back and forth if one of them was black.

LOL

That would make it easy,..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by goalie
Some of you guys have a hard time grasping that the dead hothead was trespassing, was told to leave, refused to leave, and was aggressive.

Some dont seen to understand when parents are arguing over their children to mind their own business. Outsiders sticking their nose in it will only make things worse.

Some don't know that DIVORCED parents arguing over children needs to take place in front of a JUDGE..................

You would be in front of the judge every other month. All the woman had to do was what the judge told her to do. She couldnt even do that.

THAT's why you go to the judge....................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
What I am wondering is whether Texas law authorizes a home occupant to point a firearm at a verbally irate person who does not leave his property upon the home occupant's request, because the issue of who is the aggressor could be determined based on that point rather than at the point where dad goes after the shooter. If home occupant was legally justified to point the gun, dad was the aggressor.

As indicated in the Texas Laws video posted, AFAIK it is legal for the property owner to point a firearm at a trespasser.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Is the child custody arrangement going to play a role here. The dead man had a legal right to his child, and it was past time. He went to where the custodial parent of the house was, to pick up his child. He was in an argument over his child with the costodial parent. Could he have a right to be there under those circumstances? Could the shooter and the ex wife both be determined to escalate the situation? The ex wife was playing games and you can bet this has been long documented. The dead man was absolutely right, the child needs to be available at the said time. So he is there for the best interest of the child, outside of the home where the custodial parent lives / was at. They would not provide the child as ordered by the court. The little shooter guy escalated a non-violent situation into a violent situation with his gun. I am 100% for self defense, but this didnt have to happen and shouldnt have happened. I bet this does go to trial and he gets strung up on a lesser charge.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Texas law is pretty clear on these issues and dad clearly advanced on the little guy.

Dad also verbalized that he would take the weapon from little guy and fugk him with it. Which would easily be interpreted as a threat of deadly force by most people.

Dad made two overt motions to grab the weapon. He was shot the second time.

Even if arrested and charged, Texas jury isn’t going to convict based on that video.

I don't know Texas law, and I certainly agree that dad clearly advanced on the shooter, threatened to take the weapon away from the shooter, and even attempted to take it. What I am wondering is whether Texas law authorizes a home occupant to point a firearm at a verbally irate person who does not leave his property upon the home occupant's request, because the issue of who is the aggressor could be determined based on that point rather than at the point where dad goes after the shooter. If home occupant was legally justified to point the gun, dad was the aggressor. If not, home occupant may be considered the initial aggressor for pointing the gun (ordinarily considered aggravated assault unless justifiable) and dad may have a right of self-defense which could include taking the gun away. (Dad did not step on the porch until after home occupant swung the rifle past dad.) I also agree that, at least around here, these cases are hard to get a conviction on an intentional homicide charge.

That’s exactly where he fuqked up. You can’t point a gun at someone over verbal argument.
Like I mentioned in my above post, he became the Aggressor at that point.
And that’s gonna come back and bite him in the ass.

The verbal argument was over the minute the guy told him to leave his property. Watch the video, the gun was not pointed at "Dad" until he was shot.

I watched it. There’s no audio to the clip I watched.
He still fuqked up by retrieving his rifle.
TX Law has no justification for that. He brought a rifle to a verbal dispute, and at that point became the Aggressor.
You can’t threaten someone with Deadly Force unless the Justification For Deadly Force has been Met.
You can’t use Deadly Force or threaten Deadly Force for Trespassing in TX.
His only Justification would have been if he was in fear for his life, or he life of another.

As CHL says, the guy is lucky he is in Lubbock, and not Austin. Dad “trespassing” is not enough to justify the gun, doesn’t matter what some of you guys think, that’s the LAW. His only “justification” for leaving a VERBAL argument, going BACK in the house to get a gun, and bring it OUTSIDE, is IF he can prove his girlfriend was about to get killed/beat. Boyfriend would NOT have been in the situation if he hadn’t come BACK outside with the gun. He was SAFE inside the house, and ESCALATED the situation when he came back out.

Yet if the dead guy had followed the property owners legal command to leave the property he wouldn't be dead would he? Funny how the dead guy pushing the smaller guy across his porch to you is nothing more than trespassing.

I saw a guy doing nothing but trespassing and running his mouth, UNTIL boyfriend went inside and brought a gun OUT. Trespassing and yelling is not grounds for deadly force in Texas.

He didn’t “push him across the porch” until he came back out with a gun.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Oakster
Is the child custody arrangement going to play a role here. The dead man had a legal right to his child, and it was past time. He went to where the custodial parent of the house was, to pick up his child. He was in an argument over his child with the costodial parent. Could he have a right to be there under those circumstances? Could the shooter and the ex wife both be determined to escalate the situation? The ex wife was playing games and you can bet this has been long documented. The dead man was absolutely right, the child needs to be available at the said time. So he is there for the best interest of the child, outside of the home where the custodial parent lives / was at. They would not provide the child as ordered by the court. The little shooter guy escalated a non-violent situation into a violent situation with his gun. I am 100% for self defense, but this didnt have to happen and shouldnt have happened. I bet this does go to trial and he gets strung up on a lesser charge.

Do we really know if anyone, and who exactly, was playing games?????

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Texas law is pretty clear on these issues and dad clearly advanced on the little guy.

Dad also verbalized that he would take the weapon from little guy and fugk him with it. Which would easily be interpreted as a threat of deadly force by most people.

Even if arrested and charged, Texas jury isn’t going to convict based on that video.

I don't know Texas law, and I certainly agree that dad clearly advanced on the shooter, threatened to take the weapon away from the shooter, and even attempted to take it. What I am wondering is whether Texas law authorizes a home occupant to point a firearm at a verbally irate person who does not leave his property upon the home occupant's request, because the issue of who is the aggressor could be determined based on that point rather than at the point where dad goes after the shooter. If home occupant was legally justified to point the gun, dad was the aggressor. If not, home occupant may be considered the initial aggressor for pointing the gun (ordinarily considered aggravated assault unless justifiable) and dad may have a right of self-defense which could include taking the gun away. (Dad did not step on the porch until after home occupant swung the rifle past dad.) I also agree that, at least around here, these cases are hard to get a conviction on an intentional homicide charge.

That’s exactly where he fuqked up. You can’t point a gun at someone over verbal argument.

The verbal argument was over the minute the guy told him to leave his property. Watch the video, the gun was not pointed at "Dad" until he was shot.

TX Law has no justification for that. He brought a rifle to a verbal dispute, and at that point became the Aggressor.
You can’t threaten someone with Deadly Force unless the Justification For Deadly Force has been Met.
His only Justification would have been if he was in fear for his life, or he life of another.

As CHL says, the guy is lucky he is in Lubbock, and not Austin. Dad “trespassing” is not enough to justify the gun, doesn’t matter what some of you guys think, that’s the LAW. His only “justification” for leaving a VERBAL argument, going BACK in the house to get a gun, and bring it OUTSIDE, is IF he can prove his girlfriend was about to get killed/beat. Boyfriend would NOT have been in the situation if he hadn’t come BACK outside with the gun. He was SAFE inside the house, and ESCALATED the situation when he came back out.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Good article.......

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/1...nd-offers-some-important-lessons-n482485

Imo, Carruth will be someone's prison bitch soon enough.

- Rogue
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

That doesn't have any bearing what so ever

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
What I am wondering is whether Texas law authorizes a home occupant to point a firearm at a verbally irate person who does not leave his property upon the home occupant's request, because the issue of who is the aggressor could be determined based on that point rather than at the point where dad goes after the shooter. If home occupant was legally justified to point the gun, dad was the aggressor.

As indicated in the Texas Laws video posted, AFAIK it is legal for the property owner to point a firearm at a trespasser.

Ummm. Not unless that trespasser is a threat to your (or someone else’s) safety or life, or has your property in his hands. Simple trespassing is NOT grounds for pointing a gun or going to get a gun. A case could be made, possibly, in a rural area, with an unknown stranger, but this guy was coming to get his kids.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Yet if the dead guy had followed the property owners legal command to leave the property he wouldn't be dead would he? Funny how the dead guy pushing the smaller guy across his porch to you is nothing more than trespassing.

I saw a guy doing nothing but trespassing and running his mouth, UNTIL boyfriend went inside and brought a gun OUT. Trespassing and yelling is not grounds for deadly force in Texas.

So pushing a guy with a gun across his own porch makes it OK with you? Nothing but trespassing? Running his mouth? Once you have been told to leave the property and refuse you are past mere trespassing. The obvious thing here is you refuse to see the obvious, typical Hillary/Biden voter.

Dog I rescued in January

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Serves as a good reminder that there's fuggn idiots all around us. Then there's the video of a guy getting shot...

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

Good article.......

Good article, and in my opinion, good summation of why it wasn’t “self defense”.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

PREZACTLY. TX law has no justification for using Deadly Force for Trespassing. Or Verbal Threats.
Like I said, when he went inside, got a gun, and came back out with it, he became the Aggressor.
And that’s what’s gonna come back and bite him in the ass.
Period.
He may luck out with a Conservative West TX Jury, but I’m betting he’s charged and tried. We shall see.
At the very least, he’s gonna be bankrupt and broke after a Criminal Trial. And possibly a Civil Suit.
Sure hope that dumb C U N T that wouldn’t let the Dad see his kids was worth it. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

Good article.......

Totally biased article. Too funny. Misrepresentation big time.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Obvious how jwp got his post count up by saying nothing.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Being "right" or "wrong" means little when you are bleeding out.

Have folks today simply lost all common sense? Or is substance use/abuse taking people's decision-making apparatus away?
What does dying prove?

Page 16 of 72 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (7mm_Loco, AB2506, 673, 264mag, 44automag, 450yukon, 18 invisible), 1,010 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,888
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.