Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 72 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 71 72
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by broomd

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/1...nd-offers-some-important-lessons-n482485

Anyone that can watch the first ten seconds of that video with the victim capped 10-12 feet from the shooter and call this 'justified' is nuts,
End of story. Even more worrisome is the line of fire behind the victim, the shooter was lucky to not have killed another.

At the very least manslaughter. This would be murder 2 or 3 in liberal New Jersey.

I wouldn't have shot him unless I knew for sure he was a Biden voter. Lubbock Texas is unlikely to even bring this to trial.
by the way Redstate is BS.

Lubbock doesn’t decide if there is a trial.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
LOL one dead and one going to prison for murder, Go boyz

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Anyone that can watch the first ten seconds of that video with the victim capped 10-12 feet from the shooter and call this 'justified' is nuts,
End of story. Even more worrisome is the line of fire behind the victim, the shooter was lucky to not have killed another.

At the very least manslaughter. This would be murder 2 or 3 in liberal New Jersey.

I wouldn't have shot him unless I knew for sure he was a Biden voter. Lubbock Texas is unlikely to even bring this to trial.

Oh yeah that would be the local Grand Jury. Wonder if those people are from Lubbock county.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Yep. And if I was a gambler, I’d bet he’s going to be indicted.
The Jury may or may not find him guilty. We’ll see.

Like I said before, TX Penal Code does NOT allow you to threaten another with Deadly Force, unless the Use of Deadly Force would have been Justified. And in this case, the dumbass that went and got the gun was the Aggressor.

He should have taken his dumbass in the house and stayed there. It wasn’t his house or his kid. And his manipulative girl friend was not in imminent danger.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/27/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by plainsman456
You saying little man should have just taken the beating like everyone gets sometimes? whistle

It would seem that many here think it is OK to snuff some turd for trespassing. Killing to prevent an azzwhuppin' is an even more complex decision.

In what jurisdiction is lethal force justified when 2 persons are in disagreement and there is no disparity between the 2 in ability to project or defend against physical violence?

Shoot first, think later, never take a brain to a gunfight! LOL. The CF legal beagles never disappoint.

mike r

There was a size difference. Some small guys are scrappers, some aren’t.

Remember, “God made all men. Sam Colt made them equal.”

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
wonder if the warning shot is a problem? watching the video again the dead guy doesn't attempt to grab the gun until after the warning shot was fired. notice the change in tone and bravery once the gun is in hand.

this guy tries to make the point that the threat for deadly harm wasnt' there at the moment the fatal shots were fired. I don't know if I agree.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Stupid asses. One is dead, the other will go to prison. Completely avoidable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7

Both had the ability to walk away. Neither was smart enough to do so.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
wonder if the warning shot is a problem? watching the video again the dead guy doesn't attempt to grab the gun until after the warning shot was fired. notice the change in tone and bravery once the gun is in hand.

this guy tries to make the point that the threat for deadly harm wasnt' there at the moment the fatal shots were fired. I don't know if I agree.

I thought the same thing. You always hear that warning shots are bad news. If your life’s in danger shoot to stop the threat. A prosecutor could arguably make the case that he didn’t reach for the gun until shots were fired or gun brandished at a place that he had legal right to pick up his child. And the father felt threatened at that point.

Take aways being

Don’t fire warning shots

Don’t bring out guns unless absolutely called for

Don’t try to take a gun from someone

Don’t let ego or a bitch override good judgment

Don’t play silly games with custody over custody/visitation (she’ll have the least direct ramifications but is going to have a screwed up kid one way or another).

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep stupid and pussy are a deadly combination. I hope they at least try the guy.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

I thought the same thing. You always hear that warning shots are bad news. If your life’s in danger shoot to stop the threat. A prosecutor could arguably make the case that he didn’t reach for the gun until shots were fired or gun brandished at a place that he had legal right to pick up his child. And the father felt threatened at that point.

Take aways being

Don’t fire warning shots

Don’t bring out guns unless absolutely called for

Don’t try to take a gun from someone

Don’t let ego or a bitch override good judgment

Don’t play games with play silly custody over custody/visitation (she’ll have the least direct ramifications but is going to have a screwed up kid one way or another).

You would have thought a shot between the feet would have cooled the dead guys jets. If it had ended there I think a reckless endangerment charge would fit.

Dog I rescued in January

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Courts and evil ex-wives are why my phone blows up with 27 Amber Alerts a week.

Another idiot speaks

Another little man with a big mouth.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yeah, the whole "walking away" when I'm at my house thing is gonna be a hard pass.

Granted, I would have already been armed, and I would have already called the police after he refused to leave.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by goalie

Yeah, the whole "walking away" when I'm at my house thing is gonna be a hard pass.

Granted, I would have already been armed, and I would have already called the police after he refused to leave.

After a bit of research I found the shooter was at the dead guys ex wifes house. Don't know if he was camping out there or what. Be hard for me to call that "my house". In fact he should have kept his mouth shut, if anyone had the right to ask the shootee to leave it was the ex wife not her current sperm donor.

Last edited by rickt300; 11/27/21.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dude that shot is going away for murder. The actual father was threatening no one with harm. Its pretty cut and dry. Sorry guys, the shooter screwed himself and im as progun/pro self defense as it gets

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

After a bit of research I found the shooter was at the dead guys ex wifes house. Don't know if he was camping out there or what. Be hard for me to call that "my house". In fact he should have kept his mouth shut, if anyone had the right to ask the shootee to leave it was the ex wife not her current sperm donor.

Well, at least you’re reasonable.

Maybe you’re not a pussy.

I’m just joking, btw. 😆

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Since the divorce was finalized 2 weeks AFTER the murder I’d be willing to bet that not only did the dead guy have a “right” to be there at the time prescribed by the court but I’ll bet that his name was still on the mortgage…..kinda shoots the trespassing argument right in the nuts. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Wasn’t his house. Otherwise, I would agree with you.
I would have already been armed, of course, as I always am.
And I would have called the cops.
But I wouldn’t have threatened him with deadly force, either, as according to TX Law, he had not met the Legal Justification Standard.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If I pulled my gun every time some dumbass got mouthy or angry through the years I’d be singing the Folsom Prison Blues. I’ve never needed my gun to do what brains and a fist can. When one carries daily for decades one learns to ignore most things and one would be smart to be slow to anger. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Since the divorce was finalized 2 weeks AFTER the murder I’d be willing to bet that not only did the dead guy have a “right” to be there at the time prescribed by the court but I’ll bet that his name was still on the mortgage…..kinda shoots the trespassing argument right in the nuts. 😂

You're not following the players very closely. 😉

Page 25 of 72 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 76 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,166
Posts18,484,458
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.