Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 72 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 71 72
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Also, “contempt” is up to the judge in Texas. It can be civil OR criminal (OR Both)..

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by marksman1941
Escalation of the situation by refusal to leave is not the same thing as escalating with a firearm. Walking inside to grab a gun and come back out was a mistake, plain and simple. Cops should have been called and let them sort it out. By dragging a gun into the situation, Carruth turned a verbal altercation where no violence was threatened into an armed conflict. Read should have left, Carruth should have never grabbed a gun. And Carruth deserves every charge he gets for being a [bleep] moron, and for making gun owners look like unhinged [bleep] who are just hankering to kill someone.

Your bold goes against his GOD GIVEN CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT "TO BEAR ARMS".

HE HAS THE LEGAL RIGHT TO OBTAIN A GUN ANYTIME HE DAMN WELL PLEASES ON PROPERTY HE IS PERMITTED ON.

Fer cryin’ out loud, go get a Snickers bar.

“Having a gun”, and “pulling it out in a verbal argument, and firing shots”, is two different things.

Pull out a gun when your drunk cousin won’t leave at Thanksgiving, and see how that goes...

In fact, that’s a good analogy, here. If all your cousin is doing is yelling and screaming, would you or would you not go and get a PC9 carbine and threaten his life???

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by ribka
Did he ever pay up on his boast of a 400 yard drive with a persimmon 3 wood?

And here again you gaslight me with your pathological lying.

It was 300 yards, not 400 you printed, and it was a driver not a 3 wood.

Typical lying closet commie biatch you are.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by stxhunter
He will walk.

Yes he will.

Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm sure you wouldn't

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No real man should ever use the word gaslighting, let alone accuse someone of employing that tactic against him. That word is best left for use by certifiably insane women who are way out of touch with reality.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks for having my back Paul. I was getting concerned

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

No real man should ever use the word gaslighting, let alone accuse someone of employing that tactic against him. That word is best left for use by certifiably insane women who are way out of touch with reality.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by fburgtx
“KEY POINT: Where is it stated in your posting of the LAW that a person has no RIGHT to obtain the tools to use Deadly Force if needed?”

When obtaining such item (tools)for an offense that doesn’t warrant “deadly force”, per law (simple trespass). ESCALATION....

I DON’T have a right to show off a weapon, in my own car, at someone, just because they cut me off. I can HAVE the weapon, but once I go showing it in a threatening manner (pointing it or firing warning shots) I have ESCALATED the situation...

Ok, so you're going with the position he has no RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS........like all commies.

"He is far from Stupid"

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
I shot someone who bumped my truck in the Safeway parking lot last Thursday while I was parking to run into the store to find some cranberries. I shouted "molon Labe" before I shot that dumb old aggressive bisssh when she exited the vehicle to apologize. But she had one hand in her coat pocket, probably to get her edc to kill me.

She was pretty old so I doubt she heard me.

Last edited by ribka; 11/29/21.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Having a visible gun on your person, at the time he showed up (in fear of violence) might of been one thing. Going back in house to RETRIEVE a gun, in a situation where YOU and ex-girlfriend already made a decision to leave the physical protection of the home (was he a deadly threat if you walked out in the yard with him, unarmed?), when all Dad has done is scream about going to court (he didn’t threaten to beat up ex)??? THAT is where boyfriend “took it a step further” (escalation).

More evidence you are violating a citizen's RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS you closet commie.

Show Texas statute stating specifically the actual act of acquiring a gun is escalating.

"He is far from Stupid"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Escalation of the situation by refusal to leave is not the same thing as escalating with a firearm. Walking inside to grab a gun and come back out was a mistake, plain and simple. Cops should have been called and let them sort it out. By dragging a gun into the situation, Carruth turned a verbal altercation where no violence was threatened into an armed conflict. Read should have left, Carruth should have never grabbed a gun. And Carruth deserves every charge he gets for being a [bleep] moron, and for making gun owners look like unhinged [bleep] who are just hankering to kill someone.

HE HAS THE LEGAL RIGHT TO OBTAIN A GUN ANYTIME HE DAMN WELL PLEASES ON PROPERTY HE IS PERMITTED ON.

Of course he has the right to grab a gun (although God has nothing to do with this conversation, so kindly stick to the facts and leave out the bearded space alien for the moment), but he's also liable to face the consequences for his decision. He grabbed the gun hoping it was a deterrent. It escalated the situation, and then he made the decision to shoot the dude dead. If Read had escalated first (and don't give me any of the bullshit about how a chest bump is in any way similar to picking up a rifle) and pulled a pistol, Carruth would have been easily, 100% in his right to shoot Read immediately. But, Carruth escalated the force involved in the situation, which was his first mistake (just cause you have the right to do it doesn't make it a good decision). Even then, that specific part would not have gotten him in trouble if it had worked to scare Read away. But, Read didn't leave, and Carruth made the decision to shoot Read when there were plenty of other options available for dealing with the situation. If Carruth had shot when Read reached for the gun, odds are good this wouldn't even be debatable. But after space has been cleared and Read is just standing on the porch 8 feet away? That's an unjustified homocide.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rickt300
What “precedents” would those be?? Rawhide 1876?? Eastwood vs. Koreans 2002??

You can use “force” to remove trespassers in Texas, NOT “deadly force”. Otherwise, you have to show proof that arson/burglary/physical violence was about to occur or believed to have been about to occur.

The victim was KNOWN, he hadn’t threatened VIOLENCE, he hadn’t ASSAULTED anyone (other than verbally).

“Hey! I’ll just walk inside, grab a gun, and see if THAT makes the situation better!” While the ex-wife sits there, calmly on her phone, showing no concern for her safety (because she KNOWS he’s just yelling, and has a REASON to be doing so).

You're just plain dumb.

So now Read committing Assault & Battery on Carruth is not Assault & Battery. A hostile threat in your face, and then physically being thrown across the yard.....no assault.

Don't ever serve on a jury. You're too blind and dumb for the defendant to get a fair trial.

Go read about “Escalation” (that’s a real term in Texas law) and get back to us. Where was the “assault” BEFORE the boyfriend ESCALATED the argument by bringing a GUN to a VERBAL ARGUMENT?? (Hint: There was none.)

Fer crying out loud....

I carry all the time. Does that escalate any argument I may get into? The escalation happened when Read started pushing Carruth around and daring him to shoot him. However after finding that Carruth was only shacking up at his girlfriends house I don't see how he had any right to ask the Read to leave in the first place. Further Carruth could have waited for Read to advance on him again after being tossed off the porch to give another verbal warning. When they separated I didn't see that Carruth was any imminent danger. If I were the prosecutor I would make these points. Still 50/50 in my opinion that a jury would convict. Suppose they put 6 women on the jury? Seems very odd that Reads new wife and his ex wife were so calm during the incident. I also don't understand why it matters when Read assaulted Carruth? Before or after Carruth armed himself it was still an assault. Carruth never made any attempt to harm or touch Read before he was pushed around. Read could have easily gone and sat in his car to wait for his kid. Carruth could have gone inside and watched TV also. Before Read showed up yelling at his ex there was no problem. If Read had been polite there would have been no problem. If the ex had the kid ready when he got there no one would have been hurt. Carruth may have been stressed out due to his divorce becoming final and Reads comment may have pushed him over the edge. Who knows but there is absolutely no assurance Carruth will go to jail over this. I would like to see it go to trial and the trial be televised.

Having a visible gun on your person, at the time he showed up (in fear of violence) might of been one thing. Going back in house to RETRIEVE a gun, in a situation where YOU and ex-girlfriend already made a decision to leave the physical protection of the home (was he a deadly threat if you walked out in the yard with him, unarmed?), when all Dad has done is scream about going to court (he didn’t threaten to beat up ex)??? THAT is where boyfriend “took it a step further” (escalation).

I carry concealed. Never in fear of violence or expecting it but ready for it. Physical protection of the home? Whose residence it was would play a big part in Carruth's defense. I can find links saying it was Christina Reads house and that it was Kyle Carruth's place. If the latter I think Carruth is in a better position if a court case is brought forward. If it was Christina Reads place Kyle may be in a lot of trouble. Carruth does say in the video it is his place of business. Who knows but the news is not all that accurate. There are even links saying the shooting happened at Chad Reads home; https://celebsaga.com/kyle-carruth-shooting-lubbock-justice-for-chad/

Last edited by rickt300; 11/29/21.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Of course he has the right to grab a gun (although God has nothing to do with this conversation, so kindly stick to the facts and leave out the bearded space alien for the moment), but he's also liable to face the consequences for his decision. He grabbed the gun hoping it was a deterrent. It escalated the situation, and then he made the decision to shoot the dude dead. If Read had escalated first (and don't give me any of the bullshit about how a chest bump is in any way similar to picking up a rifle) and pulled a pistol, Carruth would have been easily, 100% in his right to shoot Read immediately. But, Carruth escalated the force involved in the situation, which was his first mistake (just cause you have the right to do it doesn't make it a good decision). Even then, that specific part would not have gotten him in trouble if it had worked to scare Read away. But, Read didn't leave, and Carruth made the decision to shoot Read when there were plenty of other options available for dealing with the situation. If Carruth had shot when Read reached for the gun, odds are good this wouldn't even be debatable. But after space has been cleared and Read is just standing on the porch 8 feet away? That's an unjustified homocide.

Exactly what the video posted above said.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Also, “contempt” is up to the judge in Texas. It can be civil OR criminal (OR Both)..

So now, not only does a citizen not have a RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS in your eyes, a citizen has to ask a criminal to hold his beer while he calls the family court judge to see how he can proceed without going into legal jeopardy..........

Ain't fictional writers a hoot to read......

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SUBCHAPTER C. PROTECTION OF PERSONS

Sec. 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force. The actor's belief that the force was immediately necessary as described by this subsection is presumed to be reasonable if the actor:

(1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the force was used:

(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;

(B) unlawfully and with force removed, or was attempting to remove unlawfully and with force, the actor from the actor's habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment; or

(C) was committing or attempting to commit aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery;

(2) did not provoke the person against whom the force was used; and

(3) was not otherwise engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic at the time the force was used.

(b) The use of force against another is not justified:

(1) in response to verbal provocation alone;

"reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary"

Seems like a lot of reasonable people here don't think it was immediately necessary.

Was there any provocation?

I guess the sawed off twit is now asking himself if getting the gun and then using it was a good course of action.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Exactly what the video posted above said.

I'll be honest, I couldn't read through 30 pages of this. I got through the first 3 or so, and then jumped to the end, so I'm not sure which video is posted. I've watched a handful on the situation, however, and that seems to be the general take from most functionally minded people.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

More evidence you are violating a citizen's RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS you closet commie.

Show Texas statute stating specifically the actual act of acquiring a gun is escalating.

“ (2) did not provoke the person against whom the force was used;  and”

Bringing a gun (not there previously) into a VERBAL altercation, in which the “victim” was not engaged in anything that merits “deadly force” (arson, burglary, sexual assault, etc, etc), would be considered “provoke” (read: escalation). Boyfriend LEFT the argument, then took it a step further, by bringing the gun outside.

The “right to keep and bear arms” doesn’t currently extend to “loudmouth trespassers”.......

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Your mind is that of a commie being you state the "gun" escalated the event.

That's the same as stating the "gun" killed the individual.

Blame it on the gun, like the good closet commie you are.

You lie after being called to the carpet about you thinking Carruth didn't have a right to bear arms, and state he does now, and then blame the gun for escalating.

So according to you now, he still can't Bear Arms, because the "gun" can escalate the situation as you stated above.

You're doing a heck of a job Brownie.

"He is far from Stupid"

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
ElkSlayer91- “You’re all Commies!”

Take it down a notch.

We’re trying to have a reasonable legal discussion, while YOU are trying to get all personal and paint our houses “red”....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is there a reason why mom and “new guy” are outside?? If they didn’t have the kids, and didn’t want him there, THEY should have stayed inside, and asked him to leave, followed by a call to the cops. WHY go outside with him?? It’s ONE thing if he was trying to get in the house, but WHY go outside, to escalate the argument??

Outside so as to capture it on video, escalate the argument and eliminate the women’s custody problems all rolled into one.

This was a set-up.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 32 of 72 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

394 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,459
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.