Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Congrats on a fine rifle . I have the blued version , I think I need one in SS now that I have seen your rifle .

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by chudly
Congrats on a fine rifle . I have the blued version , I think I need one in SS now that I have seen your rifle .

Start looking now. I know Tikka makes a stainless T3x but I’ve never seen one. Mine is a T3. It took forever to find and I got really lucky on the condition.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Chronoed Pest Control today. Only four shots. 50 grain BT Varmint, 26.5 grains Benchmark (safe in my rifle, work up to it), average 3421. High 3450, ES 46. Kinda surprised by the ES being that high but this load chronoes 3400 in three other rifles. Pretty pleased so far.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
G
G
If you're looking for stainless Tikkas Sportsman's Warehouse has 2 versions, a light with standard bbl and a super light with fluted bbl. I have an older T3 light stainless in 30-06 and it is the best rifle I've ever shot.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by gunfreek
If you're looking for stainless Tikkas Sportsman's Warehouse has 2 versions, a light with standard bbl and a super light with fluted bbl. I have an older T3 light stainless in 30-06 and it is the best rifle I've ever shot.

I have a stainless T3 1-10” named Blue Lightning.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Shoots like you’d expect.

Had a stainless Superlight but sold it. Too light to see bullet impacts.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Next stop, finding a replacement 75 grain ELDM load. I measured distance to the lands at 1.940”. I started there, then moved in to 1.900”, then in one more time to 1.875”. I already know that 25.0 grains at 1.915” is a no-go.

Two charge weights of Varget, 25.0 grains and 25.5 grains. Five rounds each at each charge weight and seating depth for 30 total rounds.

The middle depth, 1.900” at 25.5 grains Varget, is the deal. Four shots under .4”. I held one back to help make more. Need to chronograph next.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pharm,

Impressive. I'm looking at the T3X .223 right to either replace or augment the RAR I have now.

Question on the Mountain Tactical magazines.... is the SA mag a "do all" - will it work with .223 and up through the .308 based rounds? I couldn't find any .223 specific magazine.

Sportsmans has the T3X SL on sale for $699.... .223 1:8.
I just looked and they don't have the .223 in house but do have them available in the warehouse.

Last edited by Blacktail53; 12/15/21. Reason: add more info

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
The MT mags are .223 specific. I’m pretty sure the Tikka mags are too, but I can’t claim surety.

I sold my Superlite because it was so light I lost the sight picture when I touched it off. Crazy accurate but I love watching prairie dogs blow up.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
The MT mags are .223 specific. I’m pretty sure the Tikka mags are too, but I can’t claim surety.

I sold my Superlite because it was so light I lost the sight picture when I touched it off. Crazy accurate but I love watching prairie dogs blow up.

P

OK, thanks.
When I buy mags I’ll call them and make sure I’m getting the right ones….

Sportsman’s was all sold out! Even made them call their warehouse to make sure - so now the hunt for one is on.

BT53

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Find a Varmint, unless you plan to carry it very far.

She’s a heavy girl.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Find a Varmint, unless you plan to carry it very far.

She’s a heavy girl.

P

Yeah, that won't work for me. Too many different chores for it to do and it'll get carried a lot.
This actually gives me time to look and feel up the offerings and make up my mind.
In the meantime, the RAR isn't broken....

I was shooting the RAR on my steel range the other day - at 300, the little 60 gr Hornady sp's were taking a hike in the wind. Bigger bores were having a hay day on the plates. I shot some 68 gr BTHP yesterday and they grouped well in the Ruger and the modified magazine I have for it. Anything longer would have to be single loaded.

After market magazines for the T3X look like they'll allow me to load long and the 1:8 will spin pretty much everything - so that's the direction I'm looking in.

BT53

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Mountain Tactical mags let me load farther than the lands allow. They’re not cheap, though.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's what I'm after.... I saw the asking price. I don't need more than one or two and I don't mind paying for quality. Buy once, cry once...... lol.

Pharm, I'm south of you along the I5 border and will be looking close to home and in the Portland area soon. If you stumble across a SS T3X or SL in your area, toss me a PM please !

Have a Merry Christmas!

BT53

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
That's what I'm after.... I saw the asking price. I don't need more than one or two and I don't mind paying for quality. Buy once, cry once...... lol.

Pharm, I'm south of you along the I5 border and will be looking close to home and in the Portland area soon. If you stumble across a SS T3X or SL in your area, toss me a PM please !

Have a Merry Christmas!

Sportsmans has them onsale for 699.00 right now I think.

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by beretzs

Have a Merry Christmas!

Will do. A used stainless T3 1-8” would be best IMO.

And on sale doesn’t mean available.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by beretzs

Have a Merry Christmas!

Will do. A used stainless T3 1-8” would be best IMO.

And on sale doesn’t mean available.

P

Yes they do - I ordered one yesterday online and got through the entire process and THEN it told me they were out of stock...! The guy behind the counter had assured me that they had them, so I asked him to call the warehouse and see what's going on....Warehouse says that for some reason the web page isn't reflecting the fact that they're out and don't know when they will be getting more in. They're supposed to notify me when there's more in hand. Meanwhile, I'll be looking on my own to see what I can find.

BT53

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I sold mine to a buddy 8 years ago. Found it at sportsmen's warehouse. wonderful shooter.

oh well, just ordered the super lite in .223

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MT mags are fhuqking Dog Schit,VarGay sucks ass,ring spacing is a scope's BEST friend,the 12x Reupold's are HILARIOUSLY schitty,50's at 3400fps continue the theme,1-10" is a bane and 75 ELD's are simply without peer in a 8" Teeker 223. Hint.

An AICS DBM has NO equal,a 6x MQ offers more on the reticle alone than a Reupold 12x does "all in",Lever' will grant 2900fps+ with a 75 ELD Smooch in the .4's(Lapooey brass of course),40MOA 1913 is a nice start. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some. Hint....................

(My bad,I forgot pics for the Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqks). Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Though the 1-8" 22-250 "stumped" me. Fhuqking LAUGHING! Hint.

Oooopsie....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Musta been balls cold up there. Bet you are happy for a little reprieve!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only -41 ambient,when I peeled yesterday and the 100+ degree increase of home,don't suck. Hint.

Luckily,I don't factor the -65 windchill in the equation...though I left on the last flight........................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (batch, BB3, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,519 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,055
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.