Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Uh huh, and you'd brag at the bar that you were a "combat pilot" too, huh?

Rocky, whatever it would take to see the ladies panties.

🦫

Here ya go…[Linked Image]

I just saved you a fortune!

What fresh Hell is this?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The DJI Mini is probably the lowest price you'll pay for a decent one that will take good photos, hover by itself, etc. It costs about $500. The Mini 2 has a better camera with a zoom and is worth the extra $100 if you plan to take many photos or video. The price goes up dramatically with more capabilities. The Minis won't dodge trees or buildings and won't 'follow me'. You have to do that yourself. More expensive ones will. It's going to cost a lot to get one that will deliver a 6 pack of beer to your tree stand. The Minis have very good hand controls, though, and are easy to fly. They just don't have some of the automatic settings like the more expensive ones.
I flew my 1st one through a woven wire fence but it didn't hurt it. You need to learn how to release the controls NOW whenever you lose track of where it is. It'll stop in place immediately.

Take a peek through here.....I consider Crutchfield the LL Bean in the electronics world

Although Amazon may have similar availability & pricing...

Lots of great info from all the responses....thanx !

I understand NP & State Park restrictions...but I have 1000's of square miles of BLM land to fly

Along with canyons 1/2 mile deep or more...crash it & it's history..... cry

geedubya......very impressive...clearing the cover for better/easier pig shootin' ?

pic.....typical flying area

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_964MINI22Y/DJI-Mini-2-2-Year-DJI-Care-Refresh-Bundle.html?tp=83295

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by FWP
Originally Posted by Beaver10
If I was going into the Air Force. I’d want my MOS to be a Drone Pilot.

Sitting in a comfortable, high backed chair, with an array of screens showing me the battlefield full of bad guys. All them beards and sandal wearing camel fûckers waiting for me to vaporize them with a quick toggle, then button press.

Whew ! Long day at work...Beers anyone?

😬🦫

That sure is safer but not nowhere near as much fun. grin

Most hated job for Air Force pilots. Retention is terrible. Boring as hell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just bought a refurbished Mavic Mini for $199 through their ebay store. It comes with a 2 year warranty. I did not get the fly more combo but I did buy propeller guards, a spare battery and a hub charger for an additional $60

so I'm excited to see how it goes in a few days when I get it. Maybe I'll regret not ponying up extra money for a Mavic 2, but I'm not sure I will be demanding enough to appreciate the difference

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the big difference between the Mini and Mini 2 is the camera. The 2 can zoom so you can get closer in without having to fly closer. In tricky conditions, that can really help. OTOH, when the camera is zoomed, you can loose your feel for where the drone is. It's deceptive and can make a difference in trees or close conditions.
The Mini 2 also has slightly larger batteries but not enough to make all that much difference. You can use Mini batteries in a 2 but not the other way around.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if I crash that damn thing on my first try, you guys will never hear about it

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the propeller guards help while learning but you'll be taking them off after a couple flights. When they're on, the Mini's limited to something like 50' high and a hundred yards range. I can't remember the exact distances but they're very small.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
good to know, I didn't realize they affected it that much

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have the DJI Mavic Air 2 S Fly More. It is easy to fly. My home borders a forest, so I fly over that. Auto take off and landing, RTH on low battery or lost signal, 5 or so mile range, set the RTH flight level at 400 feet to
miss any obstacles. Set to auto fly around obstacles. Left controller up/down, rotate L/R. Right stick F/B, slide L/R. So easy. $1,200.00 w/three batteries.

Drone has sensors that beep if it gets too low or close to an obstacle. The birds and my cat are terrified of it.

When air borne use the on board camera to "see" where you are going. Hoover and rotate the camera to send the video back to the I phone in your hands so you can fly out of the line of sight. Just use the camera.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

well.........

ordered a DJI Mini 2 with 2 yr DJI care bundle...$528 from Crutchfield

spare battery...$55......free 2 day shipping...lifetime support from Crutchfield

will be here the 6th...

60 day return policy if I don't like

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

well.........

spare battery...$55......free 2 day shipping...lifetime support from Crutchfield

will be here the 6th...

Did you also order a flight jacket, & aviator shades?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

#Boss

Have fun with it Tik!

👍🏼🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

well.........

will be here the 6th...

Enjoy!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wow, watching a video on how to set it up, it is impressive.

especially the app settings and the use of the GPS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

well.........

Cool....looking forward to your photos! Remember your flight time starts ticking as soon as you power the drone on. It goes quick so get your farting around done ahead of time smile

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A bud of mine has a pretty high quality drone with an amazing camera. He brings it out here to the farm and uses it to pinpoint both deer and ducks.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't keep up, but it seems like some of the newer small DJI drones have a controller with built in video screen and use no separate phone or tablet as the central processor for flight. I would vastly prefer this.

I started flying mine using a cheap motorola phone as a processor and video screen. Quickly transitioned to a higher end IPad, which worked beautifully. But...
In a years time Apple deleted the app I was using for video editing and storage. All of my saved video went with it. Unrecoverable...

The IPad still worked great for another year in flying the drone. Then it wouldn't update. Tried to get Apple to help me and they told me the best they could do was to sell me a new IPad. Thanks, but no...

Tried a Lenovo Tablet in place of the IPad. It worked but video editing was crude compared to the IPad. My interest waned. And my wife killed the Lenovo tablet.

Had the drone out on the den table the other day. Tempted to fly it, but would need yet another tablet or phone to do so. Think I'm done with that.

If I can find the right drone that needs no separate computer to fly, and can use a desktop editing program to do video, I may be back in business.

I spent $800 for the mavic air drone and fly-more pack. Maybe $500 or so for the IPad. I don't regret any of the cost, and think I got my money's worth from the experience.
But I'll never own another Apple device.

And likely never another drone that requires a separate processor unit, or video screen to fly.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Drones,the peeping Toms best friend.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a mavic mini that I bought from costco. its fun to play with out in the wilds, like where you live. I have mine setup to run off my tablet rather than my iphone. its a lot better to fly with the larger screen to see the view through. They can be great for arial photos, looking at roofs, you might need to inspect one for real estate purposes. for my purposes I don't really need anything higher end

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Drones are gay.

Buy a R/C plane.

They’re actually fun.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
I don't keep up, but it seems like some of the newer small DJI drones have a controller with built in video screen and use no separate phone or tablet as the central processor for flight. I would vastly prefer this.

I started flying mine using a cheap motorola phone as a processor and video screen. Quickly transitioned to a higher end IPad, which worked beautifully. But...
In a years time Apple deleted the app I was using for video editing and storage. All of my saved video went with it. Unrecoverable...

The IPad still worked great for another year in flying the drone. Then it wouldn't update. Tried to get Apple to help me and they told me the best they could do was to sell me a new IPad. Thanks, but no...

Tried a Lenovo Tablet in place of the IPad. It worked but video editing was crude compared to the IPad. My interest waned. And my wife killed the Lenovo tablet.

Had the drone out on the den table the other day. Tempted to fly it, but would need yet another tablet or phone to do so. Think I'm done with that.

If I can find the right drone that needs no separate computer to fly, and can use a desktop editing program to do video, I may be back in business.

I spent $800 for the mavic air drone and fly-more pack. Maybe $500 or so for the IPad. I don't regret any of the cost, and think I got my money's worth from the experience.
But I'll never own another Apple device.

And likely never another drone that requires a separate processor unit, or video screen to fly.

couldn't run it on a cheap android tablet?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.