Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"m suspecting that it could well cancel due to the fear of omicron too. Wouldn't bother me. I hate doing that show but its good for business.

Don't like cities or libs.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rost495
I"m suspecting that it could well cancel due to the fear of omicron too. Wouldn't bother me. I hate doing that show but its good for business.

That's probably good for you since you can't find anything you like to eat in a metro area of 5M+. The vast majority of Africans arent' coming, and lot's of Canadians won't be there either.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JGRaider

That's probably good for you since you can't find anything you like to eat in a metro area of 5M+. The vast majority of Africans arent' coming, and lot's of Canadians won't be there either.

IF you can't find a good place to eat in DALLAS, you have issues...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We, youngest son and I, are still going. It has become tradition frankly and we enjoy the trip, the food, the gunmakers area and who ever will be there. Africa for me is at least a couple of years away given the current situation. I'm done with Canada so no worries there.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I’m already booked in Africa for next year as well as a Caribbean cruise and a week in Jamaica. Can’t see spending another $2k just to visit since most of my African PH friends won’t be there the way it’s looking.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
The DSC convention can be more fun than an African safari.Not all safaris go down nicely.As far as Jamaica and the Caribbean,they're [bleep] holes-nothing to do except lie in the sun or watch tv in the hotel lobby.

Last edited by swiftshot; 12/16/21.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI

IF you can't find a good place to eat in DALLAS, you have issues...

Didn't say didn't find a good place to eat. Just have not found anything that would make me want to go there just for the food. Pretty simple. Until you read things into this that aren't there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

That sucks that both countries will not be present. This scamdemic needs to have never started.

As to food I like... The actual words were food that was impressive enough to remember. IE go back there every last time I'd be in the area. There is a huge difference. Edible food abounds.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Go spend some $$$ at Bob's Chop House and get back to me. If you don't like that grub there's no hope for you. Seriously, you have so many good choices there you have to work hard to find so much "non memorable" food.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by swiftshot
The DSC convention can be more fun than an African safari.Not all safaris go down nicely.As far as Jamaica and the Caribbean,they're [bleep] holes-nothing to do except lie in the sun or watch tv in the hotel lobby.

You ain't kidding about Jamaica/Caribbean/etc.......they're schitttholes. Then again this is the same guy that thinks anyone who is unvaxed is a complete dumbass, so there's that.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Bob's is high on my list. Pecan Valley BBQ is also. There is also a traditional Mexican food place downtown, within walking distance of the convention center, called Meso Mayo (spelling) that is outstanding.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Didn't say didn't find a good place to eat. Just have not found anything that would make me want to go there just for the food. Pretty simple. Until you read things into this that aren't there.

Can you give me an example of a place you would go just for the food and an example of the food there?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Go spend some $$$ at Bob's Chop House and get back to me. If you don't like that grub there's no hope for you. Seriously, you have so many good choices there you have to work hard to find so much "non memorable" food.

Will give er a go this time. Thanks for the heads up. Think we tried that once before but there was a wait. Not sure.

I don't mind spending. But just nothing outstanding up there so far.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Can you give me an example of a place you would go just for the food and an example of the food there?

Will have to get back to you on that. I just drive where they tell me. One place was I think a top end burger joint downtown somewhere. Burgers ok. They mixed somethings that were kinda wild like either peach or mango on a burger. It was good. But not such that I'd go back on purpose. Other than that there was a Mexican place fairly far out. Ok Mexican. Nothing special.

I'll take other suggestions.

We did try some steak place but it was a suit/tie kind of place and I don't even own any of that stuff. LOL. So we skipped it.

E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E

My son and I eat there every year. Reservations are in for Friday.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm jealous......can't get enough of that ribeye.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Funny. I've not had food in Dallas that was impressive enough to remember. But then again I'm so not picky on food anyway.

Main Street Cafe, near downtown. Mercado Juarez about 15 minutes West. There's an endless supply of great food if you don't have your mind made up before you walk in.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just have not found anything that would make me want to go there just for the food. Pretty simple. Until you read things into this that aren't there.

If one goes to Dallas JUST for cuisine, it's not a bad choice. It might not be Paris, or even New York. but it still has world class restaurants.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by swiftshot

You ain't kidding about Jamaica/Caribbean/etc.......they're schitttholes. Then again this is the same guy that thinks anyone who is unvaxed is a complete dumbass, so there's that.

Only people who don't like their life, believe in Covid and Covid vaccination.

Last edited by swiftshot; 12/16/21.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Just have not found anything that would make me want to go there just for the food. Pretty simple. Until you read things into this that aren't there.

If one goes to Dallas JUST for cuisine, it's not a bad choice. It might not be Paris, or even New York. but it still has world class restaurants.

Wanna share a few names, I could try a few possibly.

Of course to be fair I've had clients in bush Alaska say I could use a cooking class or two.
But then I eat to live, not live to eat and its been that way.

So two possibles, I'm impossible to impress. Or have never been to the right place.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,700
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.