Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
So far, it is still a "go". Not clear on all the bullshit regarding masks, etc. After all Dallas and the county are run by democrats so who knows. We still plan on going, but I KNOW it won't be the same,

Email I got a few days back E registration code had a link. No masks. I was expecting them. But if they change, they better have a supply. I don't own a mask that won't work.
They don't want me in there with a working mask.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
On my way down now for a couple of business meetings and then my father and I will be there Thursday-Sunday. Alex McDonald, who he had an exceptional hunt with in Mozambique, does not believe he is able to attend. He may come see my parents though and hopefully book some hunts with our family friends in Kansas. As others have mentioned, he is planning on having a couple of people stateside man his booth.

Cliff, we enjoyed meeting you last time and will find you at your booth. Jorge, I love Cubans and would enjoy meeting you this trip.

Hope everyone has a great show!

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
My father just got a message from Johan Calitz and he’s in Frankfurt. All is looking good for him to make Dallas. Hopefully a few other PHs are able to route through Germany.

E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'll be at Bob's with my son at 5:15 Friday. We arrive, from different Texas locations, around noon and spend the balance of the day in the "guns for sale/custom gunmakers" area. Saturday is the balance of the show. Sunday AM is breakfast at Cindi's then the drive back home.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looks like friday will be the all day event for me-- my little girl's birthday is on Saturday and I wouldn't wish on anyone the glare I got when I tried to mention a casual saturday visit as well....

Again- I live in town, about 15 min from Kay Bailey so if anyone has any issues or needs some local support just lemme know.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm planning to attend on Saturday. Hopefully head part of the way on Friday evening, then be there when it opens on Sat. Look forward to catching up with you folks!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are the hotel restaurants and bars open in Dallas? Staying at the magnolia and hoping I don't have to leave just to get a drink.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I was at the show all day yesterday. Here are some observations.

The show is markedly smaller than in years past and there are many open areas where there are normally outfitters and other exhibitors. Although it was opening day and on a Thursday, the crowd attending today was way off. I'll be there tomorrow and will check back in.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by EdM
I'll be at Bob's with my son at 5:15 Friday. We arrive, from different Texas locations, around noon and spend the balance of the day in the "guns for sale/custom gunmakers" area. Saturday is the balance of the show. Sunday AM is breakfast at Cindi's then the drive back home.

Which Bob’s location? We’ll be at the Lemon Street location at 6:30. It’s much more quiet than the location in the Omni.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kscowboy01
On my way down now for a couple of business meetings and then my father and I will be there Thursday-Sunday. Alex McDonald, who he had an exceptional hunt with in Mozambique, does not believe he is able to attend. He may come see my parents though and hopefully book some hunts with our family friends in Kansas. As others have mentioned, he is planning on having a couple of people stateside man his booth.

Cliff, we enjoyed meeting you last time and will find you at your booth. Jorge, I love Cubans and would enjoy meeting you this trip.

Hope everyone has a great show!

EuroOptic did not bring their gun booth so I’m not working Blaser for them. I’m here at the show and will be in the show all day. I enjoyed our conversation and hope we can connect today. I’ll pm you my mobile.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
For those headed to DSC today, there is no mask requirement.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
How was the crowd today?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
How was the crowd today?

Very light

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
As OSU_Sig said-- it was DSC 'Lite" this year- which still made for an enjoyable experience today as lines were short, people we easy to talk with and easier to navigate.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Had a great day today at the show. Got to spend some time with duckhunter175 and 3 other outlaws who frequent the fire. DSC is my favorite show and I cannot see myself missing it, short of health issues.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It’s been a good show so far — the crowds were thin on Thursday and Friday saw more attendance. Not elbow to elbow by any stretch but that’s ok. It’s good to see the African guys there and everyone seems to be in a good mood.
I’m there for work, helping the crew at Kenzies optics on the back side of the Trijicon booth. Thermals have been selling well (good demographic for them) and I’ve had some good conversations with lots of folks)
Met Sakohunter 264 and talked rifles a bit, had a bit of time and went to see Matt at MNR and Mark Bansner. It’s good to see Ward Dobler there, he is with Parkwest.
If you see me in the booth feel free to say hello, I’m Courtney Braswell

PigGuy

E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Today was pretty busy. Thoroughly enjoyed the day. A few hunts in consideration. Getting ready for some Mexican food in a bit. We’ll have breakfast at Cindi’s for hash and eggs. Then to Frisco to visit my middle son who recently moved to the area.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I forgot to mention that I walked right past Donald Trump, Jr at the show Friday. He was walking around with another guy, looking at rifles & having a good time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thursdays have ALWAYS been light days. Yes there were a few outfitters that did not make it, but those that did, reported their "best days ever" in terms of bookings and sales. Saturday was a nut house! very crowded and busy.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's good to hear. I can only imagine how tough it's been for the Africa guys the past two years.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 1minute, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,863
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.