-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve owned four, all purchased deeply discounted; as much as half off. The remaining one, an Endurance LER 2-7, is on the shelf after failing the Mini-14 Challenge; it simply couldn’t hold a zero under the steady pounding of that rifle’s op-rod, even though the gas system has been choked somewhat and the op-rod double-buffered. At some point I’ll put it on a .22 and try it again to be sure it’s not broken. The remaining three were sold.

As for performance, the clicks were slightly mushy, the optics clear. The adjustments gave me no problems during sight-in. The illumination worked well, especially in the 8x56 (a very nice scope, and not just for the money). I replaced the ones I sold with Burris and Trijicon scopes in a general optics upgrade, though the Burris is only a slight one, and mechanically, not optically IMO. Not buying more, as I’m trying very hard not to buy PRC goods on principle, though not all Chinese manufacturing is government-owned, despite claims to the contrary. It’s just not possible for consumers to determine who makes what, and that can change at any time. Hawke is very popular world-wide, and their airgun scopes are especially well-regarded. The owner of my primary LGS told me a few years back he sells more Hawkes, mainly Vantage models, than anything else, and at that time none had been returned.

Can’t help on current models as all mine were discontinued when purchased, and I’ve moved on to stuff made here (occasionally) and by former enemies, not current ones, though that’s a fluid situation too (just read the news). Without a serious effort from optics companies, importers, and retailers, it’s unlikely individual consumer buying decisions are going to have much effect on the Chinese economy, but we do what we can I suppose. Since the higher-end Hawkes aren’t inexpensive, I’d recommend that anyone looking for IR scopes take a look at Trijicon or other quality brands and avoid the moral dilemma.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I have 2 of their Crossbow scopes, There is possibly no bigger idiot on earth then the rube that designed their illumination system. They will be replaced by Burris Oracles for next year.

I have their spotting scope and it is pretty decent but it is a range spotter only Endurance ED. It is not bad at all at the range. I would not ever use it in a hunting situation.

What dont you like about the xbow scope?

I love my hawk xbow scope, not sure of the model, the red IR give me a few more minutes at dark.

thanks haeffnkr

H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by haeffnkr
Made in China crap...

Glad to see you're here to shill for Hawke.

What makes them crap? interested in your opinion please!

China makes them crap.

Great point! Well stated.

Stay awesome mr kingston!
haeffnkr

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Made in China crap...

China makes them crap.

haeffnkr

I had you pegged after two posts Mr. Chinese Optics Shill

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I’ve moved on to stuff made here (occasionally) and by former enemies, not current ones, though that’s a fluid situation too (just read the news). Without a serious effort from optics companies, importers, and retailers, it’s unlikely individual consumer buying decisions are going to have much effect on the Chinese economy, but we do what we can I suppose. Since the higher-end Hawkes aren’t inexpensive, I’d recommend that anyone looking for IR scopes take a look at Trijicon or other quality brands and avoid the moral dilemma.

Good man.

China is no friend. If the only power an individual has is through how he spends, it's better than no power at all. There are too many instances where there's no choice and the only option is Chinese production. Where there's a viable alternative, I believe it's my duty to eschew Chinese produced goods.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a hawke vantage 3-9x40 AO mil dot on a bolt 223. Its my 'truck gun' and also main vermin centerfire .

Tracks very good, very clear, bright optics functions flawless and stays zero'd.

Not a high end scope but it keeps the bullets going to the right spot every time.

I also have a hawke vantage 4-12x40 AO, mil dot still in the box that might go on the 25-06.....

happiness is elbow deep in elk guts.
NRA life member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
China says thank you.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Made in China crap...

China makes them crap.

haeffnkr

Support China all you want to. Maybe you can get a China flag bumper sticker for your truck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
China says thank you.

Every time you answer your cell phone . . . . .

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by WiFowler
China says thank you.

Every time you answer your cell phone . . . . .

What non Chinese options does he have?

IC B3

H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I’ve moved on to stuff made here (occasionally) and by former enemies, not current ones, though that’s a fluid situation too (just read the news). Without a serious effort from optics companies, importers, and retailers, it’s unlikely individual consumer buying decisions are going to have much effect on the Chinese economy, but we do what we can I suppose. Since the higher-end Hawkes aren’t inexpensive, I’d recommend that anyone looking for IR scopes take a look at Trijicon or other quality brands and avoid the moral dilemma.

Good man.

China is no friend. If the only power an individual has is through how he spends, it's better than no power at all. There are too many instances where there's no choice and the only option is Chinese production. Where there's a viable alternative, I believe it's my duty to eschew Chinese produced goods.

Finally !
You made a constructive point, thanks for sharing your opinion.
Your point is valid IMHO, and yes I dont think one person could live in the modern world with NO china products in their house.

haeffnkr

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (10gaugemag, AdventureBound, 300_savage, 14 invisible), 4,130 guests, and 714 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,809
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.