Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Come work or shop around Billings, that might change a fellas mind. I carry one that has not been mentioned. It is the little Browning 1911-380. It is amazingly accurate, I can consistently hit our 12" gong at 50 yards and have knocked the hair off a coyote at 93 yards! I aimed too high and sent it thru the hair on its back! I never thought I would like it but it fits in my coat or pants pockets well, points very well and puts bullets where I point it. I have put several hundred rounds of various brands thru it without A single hangup. I used to carry A dbl action 38 ultralight 5 shot and still do some but I like the 1911-380 better.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Breakshunter, sounds like you've got it covered. I've been carrying a handgun daily since 1985. Earlier than that if you count backwoods fishing trips and such. If I leave home and have forgotten it (very rare), then I go back home and get it. Evil abounds in modern day America.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Whether you carry of not is a personal decision. Drugs are rampant here and how bad an addict needs a fix is how irrational they are. I carry anytime I leave our subdivision.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Whether you carry of not is a personal decision. Drugs are rampant here and how bad an addict needs a fix is how irrational they are. I carry anytime I leave our subdivision.

Same story with Billings and Great Falls, bad stuff happening every day.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JB in SC
I really like the Glock 42 too. Very accurate, shoots like a full size pistol.

Probably the softest shooting .380 I've fired. Add the +1 mag extensions by Pearce. Mine have been 100% reliable.

I'm also a fan of the G42. It's thin, light weight, and handles well. It's pretty perfect for pocket carry in a pair of jeans with a Kydex trigger cover.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by RickcNY
Just curious of the group thoughts of the LCP ll by Ruger do they make it with a manual safety as well? As well as a laser? Also someone told me to consider Kahr saying it was similar in size and very reliable. Your thoughts? Looking for something for front pocket carry . I have many others for other applications but looking for that specific application
Kahr P-380... Extremely simple - no need for any safety, and has never failed me yet...

I had (and should have kept) a Kahr CM9, small enough to actually carry in a front pocket. The PM9 is the upscale model and can be had with night sights. I only tripped my CM9 so I could get a PM9 with night sights, but haven't picked one up yet.

I've carried Sig's P365 & P365XL, and a Hellcat. All three are great concealed carry pistols, but too large for my front (or rear pocket).

YMMV,

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Anyone try or have the Ruger 380 Max? Thoughts on this piece?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Many years ago I was remodeling a cab over pickup camper I bought used, found a AMT Backup .380 under a drawer next to the frig. Very small & concealable. to the "best" of small pistols, but hey - it was free! Makes a decent last ditch carry pistol. Later, I bought a used AMT Backup .45 ACP. Larger than the .380, but still a small pistol. Of course, the .45 packs a lot more power! I don't have a lot of meed for a small carry pistol, but if these 2 don't do the job for me, I have a Para Expert Carry "compact" 1911 .45ACP that usually sits in a bedside holster at home.

Mike Holmes

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An AMT Backup .380 was my first small pistol buy. Turned out to be a jam-o-matic and went down the road. Replaced it with a Colt Pony Lightweight in .380 which I still have but it's been retired.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

one of my carries

SA XDs Model 2 in 45 ACP

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by JB in SC
I really like the Glock 42 too. Very accurate, shoots like a full size pistol.

Probably the softest shooting .380 I've fired. Add the +1 mag extensions by Pearce. Mine have been 100% reliable.

I'm also a fan of the G42. It's thin, light weight, and handles well. It's pretty perfect for pocket carry in a pair of jeans with a Kydex trigger cover.

I shot my wifes G42 well, but she limpwristed the heck out of it and always jammed with her shooting it. I got a g48 for myself and couldnt shoot it for squat. They've been replaced with smith and wesson m&ps.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Took a look at my AMT .380 last night, have't messed with it for some time. Darn thing has a GOOD manual safety & a grip safety. I had forgotten about the grip safety.

Mike Holmes

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A few months back, I picked up the LCP MAX, and I’m of the opinion it is the pistol to beat at present. It’s a VERY well thought out little pistol.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I’m not sure what the deal is with the G42 but plenty have issues with it.

One thing that seems to help is going to a Chapman hold.

The thing ought to run like a champ. I believe ammo makers may have backed off on velocity due to the tiny blow back autos, so may be ammo velocity related (being a locked breech).

The feed ramp on mine is not exactly dead center to the mag based on the copper markings from the bullets, odd.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickcNY
Just curious of the group thoughts of the LCP ll by Ruger do they make it with a manual safety as well? As well as a laser? Also someone told me to consider Kahr saying it was similar in size and very reliable. Your thoughts? Looking for something for front pocket carry . I have many others for other applications but looking for that specific application

I would buy five shot S&W 5-shot revolver with alloy frame and some Federal Micro .38+P loads. Very manageable combination with no possibility of bullet sliding out of case causing a stoppage. I shot some of those using such revolver which had titanium alloy cylinder instead of steel one and recoil was very manageable.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nothing is smaller or lighter or more concealable in a front pocket than a KelTec P32 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. That said, I prefer the slightly larger but more-comfortable-to-shoot Ruger LCP 380 in a Kusiak IWB leather holster carried SOB. Works better with jeans. Both are light and small enough that you forget you are carrying them. If you feel the need for a little more power, and don't mind a little more weight, my G43 with 2x mag extension carries very nicely in the same model Kusiak. Carrying SOB gets tougher every year I get older because its tough to turn my shoulder back that far. Don't like appendix carry at all though, so dont know what I'll do except bringing it around from 6 oclock to 4 oclock, which costs some concealability. Whatever you feel best with.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Breakshunter
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

Same story with Billings and Great Falls, bad stuff happening every day.

Preach it brother. I'm in downtown Billings about 4 days a week and often wonder "what in the hell has happened to my city?".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had an original LCP when they first came out , even put a Laser on it. Did not like the feel or fit because of my big hands.
Found a fairly rare Sig Sauer P232 made in West Germany, It's labeled as a 9mm kurz rather than a 380, fits me much better, nicer lines, easy to carry and much easier to shoot.
Sort of reminds me of a Walther
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"The older I get, the better I was"
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 603Country
I carry the S&W Bodyguard 380. I think you can get it with the laser. I didn’t get the laser, but I did get the model with the safety. And, after shooting it for a while, I had the improved trigger (Santiago) put in it.

I have it in one of those pocket holsters that stay in the pocket when you pull the pistol. Works fine, though I’ve never had to try it in an emergency situation.

Mine doesn’t have the safety or the laser & I had factory sights replaced with night sights but the rest is a +1

For pocket carry in summertime it’s perfect.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My Pocket Pistol is a Glock 26 with Mic trigger guard Holster that makes it completely safe to carry in a pocket big enough to carry and draw it
http://www.themicholster.com/store_holster.php

With the caveat that I wear Pants with big pockets

I wear Khaki Pants and shirts that have large Pockets Made My Propper,the 100 percent cotton and comfortable with a lot of pockets!
https://www.propper.com/military-uniforms/bdu.html

I live in a rural area and retired and this Mode of dress and looks works for me.

I ALSO carry a New York Reload(a second Gun)that is a Original Ruger LCP with Ruger & 7 round extended Magazine in My right front shirt Pocket as I can easily reach my shirt pocket with my seat belt on when I cannot easily reach and draw my Glock.Also have an extra gun in case of gun malfunction or needing more rounds.
I Only carry the Pistols in my pocket with nothing else in the pocket

The Glock 26 is Heavy in my Pants Pocket But I don't go anywhere very Much Preferring to stay within a few Miles of the House as I am 61 and disabled with spinal stenosis that affects my walking.

If could not wear the Propper clothes with their Big Pockets and walked a lot, I would carry the Original Ruger LCP with Ruger Brand Extended 7 Round Magazine in my Pants Pocket with another Magazine secreted somewhere on my body.
Or Maybe another Original LCP in the other Pocket.Nice and easy to carry and Very Lightweight.

As far as ammo for for the 380 goes I carry FMJ as the 380 suffers from a lack of penetration with Hollowpoints.
I use the Winchester Flat Points when I can get them but my LCP does fine with them,If I cant get them then I will use any round nose FMJ that functions well.

The original Ruger LCP is the Perfect Pocket Pistol in my opinion as it is flat and small and Light weight with a Long heavy Pull that is safe to carry as a pocket Pistol with a round chambered and accurate enough and is affordable .

Not a easy to shoot target gun with a easy ,light trigger pull but a gun that you can actually safely carry loaded in your Pocket !!
What a concept, a Pocket gun designed for Pocket gun carry and Pocket gun use !!!

YMMV

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.