Laughing, good catch!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Needs are limited, whereas wants are pretty much unlimited,
based upon how good your imagination is.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dla
There is a very strong market for stuff people want as opposed to what people need.

What they need is a giant pile of ammo and a place to shoot. What they want is to play fantasy dress up.

There millions of new shooters out there who are just beginning to try stuff. They've got some free money from Uncle Sam and manufacturers have put lots of shiney bobbles in front of them. I'm speaking about optical sights, 15 shot micro-pistols, etc. for "carry" pistols.

What do you think?

I think you have a lot to learn.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I want it, I figure I must have a need. I just need to determine that need and then (see following sentence)..... If I need it, I get it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by mart
My rule of thumb is want becomes need after 30 days. If I still want it after 30 days, I need it. 😁

At this point in my life, everything flies quickly past "want" to "need". And the word "budget" occupies little space in the equation. 😁

Funny how that works, when I "want" something, it doesn't take me long to realize it's really a "need". Once it's a "need", I'll find the money for it. laugh

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by mart
My rule of thumb is want becomes need after 30 days. If I still want it after 30 days, I need it. 😁

At this point in my life, everything flies quickly past "want" to "need". And the word "budget" occupies little space in the equation. 😁

Funny how that works, when I "want" something, it doesn't take me long to realize it's really a "need". Once it's a "need", I'll find the money for it. laugh

Haha. I hear ya, Jack. I just recently "needed" a new 2021 Python. Gonna send it off to Mike Heffron for an action and trigger job, too. 'Cause it "needs" it.. 😂

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I like who I like, dislike who I dislike, buy what I want, and make neither excuses nor justifications to anyone.

Trends and what other people may think have little bearing on my day to day decision making.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Almost every purchase firearms related that I make is from want, not need. At this point in my life, I don't really need anything firearm related but I still want all kinds of stuff. That's why I have a a few safes full of guns and ammo some that I have never even shot. I'm sure glad I live in America.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sage commentary.

Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I like who I like, dislike who I dislike, buy what I want, and make neither excuses nor justifications to anyone.

Trends and what other people may think have little bearing on my day to day decision making.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As long as they aren't prohibited from owning a firearm due to a previous felony conviction, I say let 'em spend their money any way they choose.

I buy what I want and don't care what other people buy. Whats my business is my business and whats their business is their business.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It’s usually a Democrat who works the word “need” into a conversation about firearms. As I understand it, the first ten amendments to the US Constitution are referred to as “The Bill of Rights”, not “ The Bill of Needs”.

As long as I am not funding the purchase, what other people want is of very little consequence to me. Gun manufacturers stay in business by producing what their customer base will buy. As a quality firearm will outlast the average human’s lifespan, new products and good marketing are necessary to keep up sales volumes.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If want it I need it - Endless gratification.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The word is "baubles" and we do whatever we effing want because we live in a free country. For now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Almost every purchase firearms related that I make is from want, not need. At this point in my life, I don't really need anything firearm related but I still want all kinds of stuff. That's why I have a a few safes full of guns and ammo some that I have never even shot. I'm sure glad I live in America.

Good for you, CLD.

See my sig line.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I just left a local shop. They had a new Springfield "Garrison" .45 pistol there, and it was very, very nice. I already have three 1911 .45s, and a 9 and a 10mm, so I left it there while I ruminate about "wants and needs". If it's still there on Monday, I might damned well need it.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I just left a local shop. They had a new Springfield "Garrison" .45 pistol there, and it was very, very nice. I already have three 1911 .45s, and a 9 and a 10mm, so I left it there while I ruminate about "wants and needs". If it's still there on Monday, I might damned well need it.

That IS a handsome pistol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dla
There is a very strong market for stuff people want as opposed to what people need.

What they need is a giant pile of ammo and a place to shoot. What they want is to play fantasy dress up.

There millions of new shooters out there who are just beginning to try stuff. They've got some free money from Uncle Sam and manufacturers have put lots of shiney bobbles in front of them. I'm speaking about optical sights, 15 shot micro-pistols, etc. for "carry" pistols.

What do you think?

GR

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

The Garrison was still there at the shop this morning. Now, it's not. Nice pistol, nice bluing(!) and a good trigger. I hope it shoots as good as it looks. I guess I "needed" it.

Attached Images
garrison.webp (25.77 KB, 9 downloads)
SHA1: 51a6c1abc041320eb72eb6581325b2546284f1ac
Last edited by ratsmacker; 12/20/21.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My $$ can be spent where I WANT them to .. no one else NEED worry about it ...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, anothergun, 375sunrise, 14 invisible), 828 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.