Richard have a fencing tool and an ar15 in the cab, think I am covered

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What do you think? It may come in useful.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

in a wreck where needed I'd say odds are you'll never find it or you'll never be able to get to it.

Used to keep a cutter on my key ring. Has a spring loaded breaker too. But you have to thump the glass a lot with that spring loaded thing to get it to break most of the time. Same cutter I kept on my fire gear. Worked. But not well.

Of course it can't help to try to keep one handy.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Crescent wrenches run wide in the cab of my truck it seems, and I'll figure out the seatbelt.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Anybody ever use one for a gut hook?
It would be hard to lose on the ground.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What do you think? It may come in useful.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Don't tell him, but this is what Barry told me he got Geno for Christmas.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably best to keep it velcro'd right there on the airbag where it's easy to get to.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I ended up hanging from the seat belt with a face full of air bag after a rollover wreck. I was able to get to my pocket knife to cut the seat belt, and opening the sun roof with the car on its side was the simplest way to get out. The horn blaring constantly got the attention of everybody for several hundred yards in both directions!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, it's fun when you need something, and all your scheidt is all over the inside of the vehicle in places it wasn't a minute ago.

On the head liner as Rocky says might be a good place, but the headliner over my head was under water and I wasn't staying under there to look for anything. Fortunately for me, it wasn't too deep where I went in, but I didn't know it at the time, and I wasn't sticking around to find out either. And it was tilted to the driver side. My first reaction was "I'm NOT dying in this car" and I pulled a little slack in the belt and found the latch and got out of that. Next, as water was rushing in, drivers side was upstream so water was rising on that side of car, I crawled over to the r door and tried to get it to open. No luck at first, and as I didn't have a handy dandy window breaker, I tried to use the back end of my folding EDC knife which has some of the steel handle liners exposed, good thing it has a strong clip as it was where expected. Another no go, so I forced (adrenaline fueled no doubt) the fuggin door open (did I mention I determined early on I was NOT dying in that car?) , stumbled out, crawled/waded over rocks and boulders in water that was up to my belt, and found an easier path up the bank than going through berries and willows.

If you've never experienced it, I highly recommend self rescue from an overturned vehicle in a creek. Just for the experience.

It might help some day should you really need it. smirk

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I ended up hanging from the seat belt with a face full of air bag after a rollover wreck.

I ended up in a situation like this a couple decades back. Minus the airbags.

Reached down (up) to punch the seatbelt release and piled onto the roof of the cab. Still had manual window cranks, used them and crawled out.

Twern't in a creek so we didn't get that thrill. On a lonesome stretch of highway about halfway t'ween Price and Spanish Fork.

Black Cows Matter!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I ended up 10 feet from the creek- - - - -horizontally and vertically. That situation could have been lots worse if I'd been driving the speed I normally do on that stretch of road. I had slowed down a little and fumbled with my cell phone to answer a call from my wife when I drifted off onto the shoulder, and overcorrected. She wanted me to bring her a candy bar!

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
had a seatbelt cutter on my vest every time I was in a vehicle in Iraq. Don't think a hammer would do anything on the windows though. Lots of drownings when the roads would collapse and vehicles roll into a canal .

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Be so careful when crawling out the window, my brother died when the car he was in rolled, and crushed his head.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've got a specific Buck knife that also fits those two criteria...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Believe it or not these could save a life. If you have the right tool, auto glass is easy to shatter. If you don't you can beat on it all day and it will only make you tired. If you need to get out of a seat belt in a hurry, a cutter is the best way.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have a Smith & Wesson EDC clip knife w both SBC & glass punch. But I’m more apt to think a handgun will handle the window if need be. Loud yep but won’t matter.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I ended up 10 feet from the creek- - - - -horizontally and vertically. That situation could have been lots worse if I'd been driving the speed I normally do on that stretch of road. I had slowed down a little and fumbled with my cell phone to answer a call from my wife when I drifted off onto the shoulder, and overcorrected. She wanted me to bring her a candy bar!

Sound like she wanted you dead...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Sound like she wanted you dead..

Nope, that was the first one- - - - -and she damn near succeeded a couple of times!

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I just ordered ten more.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Yeah, it's fun when you need something, and all your scheidt is all over the inside of the vehicle in places it wasn't a minute ago.

On the head liner as Rocky says might be a good place, but the headliner over my head was under water and I wasn't staying under there to look for anything. Fortunately for me, it wasn't too deep where I went in, but I didn't know it at the time, and I wasn't sticking around to find out either. And it was tilted to the driver side. My first reaction was "I'm NOT dying in this car" and I pulled a little slack in the belt and found the latch and got out of that. Next, as water was rushing in, drivers side was upstream so water was rising on that side of car, I crawled over to the r door and tried to get it to open. No luck at first, and as I didn't have a handy dandy window breaker, I tried to use the back end of my folding EDC knife which has some of the steel handle liners exposed, good thing it has a strong clip as it was where expected. Another no go, so I forced (adrenaline fueled no doubt) the fuggin door open (did I mention I determined early on I was NOT dying in that car?) , stumbled out, crawled/waded over rocks and boulders in water that was up to my belt, and found an easier path up the bank than going through berries and willows.

If you've never experienced it, I highly recommend self rescue from an overturned vehicle in a creek. Just for the experience.

It might help some day should you really need it. smirk

Did similar numerous time in my HUET training. Of course if things went to chitt there was someone there to help and the windows were designed to push out once the cab was full. Still quite unnerving.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
is that the upside down helicopter in water test?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 10Glocks, 338reddog, 35, 35WhelenNut, 11 invisible), 842 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,901
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.