Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by stevevan1
Sorry guys but it's my understanding a post of "I'll take it" followed by PM to confirm the purchase is standard protocol to consumate a deal. This is to assure a legitimate buyer and protect the seller. Until those 2 conditions are me ta sell isn't finalized it what I practice. Especially in a case where I have no prior history(such as this one) with the individual. It was approximately 2 hours before BlackHunter made contact. How long does it take to send a simple PM after a "I'll take it" is posted.

Respectfully, with several hundred buys here - what you have described is NOT standard protocol; your understanding is wrong. As stated earlier the scope is yours to sell as you wish and had you posted a confirmation requirement in your ad I would have complied.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I guess I missed the I’ll take it post by Lubbockdave

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sorry guys but it's my understanding a post of "I'll take it" followed by PM to confirm the purchase is standard protocol to consumate a deal. This is to assure a legitimate buyer and protect the seller. Until those 2 conditions are me ta sell isn't finalized it what I practice. Especially in a case where I have no prior history(such as this one) with the individual. It was approximately 2 hours before BlackHunter made contact. How long does it take to send a simple PM after a "I'll take it" is posted.

Your understanding is wrong. What do you mean “legitimate buyer to protect the seller”? You have that backwards. The buyer is the one trusting the seller not the other way around. If you can’t wait for a follow up you need to go kick rocks. Maybe this thread will keep people from fooling with you.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
He contacted me directly with an offer I accepted. I took a $10 loss as his contact was before the "I'll take it" by BlackHunter and I needed to honor the deal. I have another Identicle scope but a bit nicer with box that I'll offer to BlackHunter at a slightly higher cost. With this lets put this pissing to bed because that's where I'm going. Night, night.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Blackhunter: Please send a PM to confirm your "I'll Take It"

If the other man had the first I’ll take it in a pm why did you post this?

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
It was already posted. Now back off the pissin chum its none of your nosey business. I'm doing a remedy directly with BlackHunter. End of story

Last edited by stevevan1; 12/17/21.
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see where the OP stated any terms about PM's in the original ad. It seems to me that if he insisted on an "I'll take it" followed by a PM it should have been in the origial ad.
I've completed at least 4 transactions with BlackHunter and he is always a pleasure to do business with. In fact, there's nobody on here I'd rather do business with. Sorry to see this Lester. Have a Merry Christmas.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
R
Note…… not everybody lives on the internet to see your demand for further communication. I just love all these “rules” that are standards??!!

Rick
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
So I just have to say if there is another scope for sale I will take it, IDK at this point with all this back and forth, but I will take it sending PM

It is what it is/ Goooo Gators
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
He contacted me directly with an offer I accepted. I took a $10 loss as his contact was before the "I'll take it" by BlackHunter and I needed to honor the deal. I have another Identicle scope but a bit nicer with box that I'll offer to BlackHunter at a slightly higher cost. With this lets put this pissing to bed because that's where I'm going. Night, night.

Respectfully, I decline your offer to spend more money on a deal you messed up. I do however extend my best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful Christmas.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,739
Posts18,495,048
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.