Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I quit donating to them completely.
I mean I never actually did before either, but definitely will not in the future now.

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Salvation Army used to be on of my favorite charities.

Not one more dime.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I just mailed out our two annual checks to our volunteer fire department and St. Judes. My company still matches though I am retired. I have always ignored the bell ringers.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
FJB, FSA

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The red kettle bunch can kiss my rosy redneck ass. Our local VFW and American Legion posts do more to help folks in need around here than SA or Red Cross ever did. I'm a member of both posts and I believe in keeping the dollars and time I'm able to donate close to home.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have donated generously to the Salvation Army since I was in my 20's. Not any more. Told the nice lady working the red pot in front of Walmart why. She said she'd had a thousand people tell her the same thing.

I see the head of Salvation Army has tv commercials now to try to turn their woke screw up around.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While doing some social justice and helping the poor is good, that's not the primary purpose of the Christian Church.

If a church organization's primary goal is not spreading the Gospel, they have missed the mark.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can’t find one around here to not donate to.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
What the Salvation Army has made itself a part of is even worse than just insulting those of us that have supported them through the years. They are helping the nanny state to grow. At one time the pendulum swung towards groups like theirs being one of the big sources of help for those in need. Now with the leadership taking the stand they have they are actually helping the left to grow government handouts. This is not by accident either. It was planned. The leftist/communist filth is destroying everything that might be a threat to their agenda. This is what happens when real patriotic men are not at the helm in any organization. Throw in that this group was founded as a Christian organization and it's even more disappointing to see what they have become.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It would appear that the SA is in denial as to the cause of the drop in donations.

In a statement to Fox News, the Salvation Army downplayed the idea that the controversial racism guide has hurt donations.

"We have no information to suggest that the efforts of any political action group is affecting the Red Kettle results," a Salvation Army spokesperson said. "Our units in local markets have ups and downs each year, which shouldn’t be mistaken to represent the status of our national Red Kettle campaign. We expect to have a measure of the national results in early 2022, and we are encouraged by the final tally of his year's National Commander's Red Kettle Challenge, which doubled the amount raised in 2020."

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Salvation Army used to be on of my favorite charities.

Not one more dime.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ There's a local rescue mission here. They got my money this year.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
If you want help people forget the Red Cross and Salvation Army. The Red Cross soaks up a lot of money that does not get to people needing help. Volunteers have to stay in very nice hotels and eat very well. Salvation Army has tried to backtrack but they have bitten the hand that feeds them.

Consider the Cajun Navy. I am considering applying for membership. They are all about helping and it costs them money and time to go assist in disasters. I would not be surprised if they went to Kentucky.

Saw a Cajun Navy guy interviewed on Fox a few days ago. They were on their way to Kentucky.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by drover

"We have no information to suggest that the efforts of any political action group is affecting the Red Kettle results," a Salvation Army spokesperson said.

No need for organized political action to cause the drop. All that's needed is widespread knowledge by White folks of their stated position vis a vis Whites, and the Internet is what made that happen.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
Just saw a news article stating the Salvation Army donations are way down...as much as 41% and they are having trouble getting volunteers to man their red kettles. This after them telling white people to apologize for being white and racist...along with their donation. grin

They made the mistake of sending me and envelope to donate in and send back.....I just sent them a little Xmas greeting note telling them to shove their woke philosophy and their red kettles up their sanctimonious ass. So I guess I'm one of the 41%...

At any rate they are now of course back peddling on their racist ideology .....who could have guessed that would happen?

laugh

I thought I was the only one to do that. smile

Sent it in their prepaid postage envelope too!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back when I was AD I used to volunteer with Salvation Army as a bell ringer on during the holidays. I used to always donate as well. After their crap this year, not one more penny from me. There are others that will get my money now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
[Linked Image]

I am super-pi$$ed I didn't think of this.

laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Tell ya what, if they can get Allyson Tyler to stand by the pot and ring the bell at our local Publix, I'll write a check. Otherwise fugg em'

You like them thick I guess.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by navlav8r
What puzzles me is, from what part of the population do they get their donations? The money isn’t coming from the folks they want to help, it’s coming from the very folks they just insulted. What kind of maroon could come up with such a stupid concept?🤬

So I have to self flagellate before I’m pure enough to pay them retribution?! Fidiots!

The executive that made that decision will likely get a Nobel Prize as well. LOL

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Just saw a news article stating the Salvation Army donations are way down...as much as 41% and they are having trouble getting volunteers to man their red kettles. This after them telling white people to apologize for being white and racist...along with their donation. grin

They made the mistake of sending me and envelope to donate in and send back.....I just sent them a little Xmas greeting note telling them to shove their woke philosophy and their red kettles up their sanctimonious ass. So I guess I'm one of the 41%...

At any rate they are now of course back peddling on their racist ideology .....who could have guessed that would happen?

I don't contribute anymore.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

262 members (2500HD, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 29 invisible), 1,863 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,654
Posts18,512,764
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.