Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by goalie

Inflation destroys savers.....

Yet if you hold valuable assets , inflation can make you richer....

Fixed, low interest rate debt is your friend during inflation.

Correct.... a simple example most can relate to... you have a 30 yr mortgage at 3% yet inflation is 5% year after year.... well in 20yrs your monthly payment will be really cheap and your house will have doubled or more in value.
A person has to adapt his investment strategy according to current conditions

Yes that's the way it works for the masses.
Also how the government taxes the hell out of the masses in property tax year after year but let's the special wealthy ones holding capital assets pay nothing on their appreciation of assets.

Why don’t you add a little meat/context to the above so we can debate the merits of your claim? Seriously take a shot you communist. The ignorance and complete lack of common sense makes your claim completely laughable, just a liberal fool using talking points that won’t hold up.

Chuck, for about the 100th time, move along.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobMt

what about financing rentals etc yourself?....take your money and build rentals or what ever and have a cash flow but no mortgage pretty much all positive cash flow....bob

Then when interest rates increase you sell those rentals and carry the note.... magic mailbox ... woohoo

give this man a cookie....bob

This strategy also mitigates the capitol gains

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Correct.... a simple example most can relate to... you have a 30 yr mortgage at 3% yet inflation is 5% year after year.... well in 20yrs your monthly payment will be really cheap and your house will have doubled or more in value.

Also how the government taxes the hell out of the masses in property tax year after year but let's the special wealthy ones holding capital assets pay nothing on their appreciation of assets.

You would be much better served if you spit out the class envy/hate the rich koolaid and employed some good investment strategies and maybe you to could be successful?

Don't envy anyone with wealth. Hate the way the tax system favors a few at the expense of many.

Yet you vote to elect the very people who perpetrate this. Dumbass!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

what about financing rentals etc yourself?....take your money and build rentals or what ever and have a cash flow but no mortgage pretty much all positive cash flow....bob

Then when interest rates increase you sell those rentals and carry the note.... magic mailbox ... woohoo

NOW you have my attention!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by cfran

Why don’t you add a little meat/context to the above so we can debate the merits of your claim? Seriously take a shot you communist. The ignorance and complete lack of common sense makes your claim completely laughable, just a liberal fool using talking points that won’t hold up.

Some like you need a picture drawn to understand. Go find a coloring book if you can't keep up.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

what is wrong ...if anything with a reverse mortgage?.....you get to pull equity out of your house and live in it as long as you want....just another tool to add to your ss etc....bob

Because if you are willing to really run the numbers a reverse mortgage is not really that efficient of a transaction for the consumer. But the banks do well on them . . .

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Some like you need a picture drawn to understand. Go find a coloring book if you can't keep up.

Perfect, and I called it, you WON’T add color because you flat out are out of thoughts.

Someone just wronged you in life and everyone who has done well financially is bad to you. We know Chuck, typical liberal drivel.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Not true.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn

NOW you have my attention!

Greg,
Another strategy if capitol gains are too high and you don't want to sell is a cash out refinance.... no capitol gains.... of course SAcharlie thinks these strategies are only available to the rich.... hahahhaha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not true.

Explain how this is not true?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey SAcharlie,
Do you know what a 1031 exchange is?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
He can’t, details are beneath him.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WTM45

There are carrying costs. And risks including market dynamics.

Every investment has risk.... I don't understand your point

How many investments pretty much force the investor to purchase an insurance policy with a third party to share in the risk of a TOTAL loss of investment?
Also, how can you control the market value, future growth rate of that market value, overall desirability and the taxation millage rate of a neighborhood?

How many landlords were ready for the .gov to allow tenants to stop paying rents last year?
Are there profits to be found in real estate rentals? Yes. But there are MANY risks not found in competing investments.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hey SAcharlie,
Do you know what a 1031 exchange is?

Not without Google.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMR

I don’t consider any type of debt as my friend. I take the “borrower is servant to the lender” thing to heart. YMMV of course, and congrats if it works for you.

Oh, I'm not taking on any, as I'm close to retirement. But, during high inflation, you get to pay off that low interest rate debt with inflated dollars.

The key is fixed, low interest rate. It's something you won't get AFTER the inflation starts.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

[/quote]

How many investments pretty much force the investor to purchase an insurance policy with a third party to share in the risk of a TOTAL loss of investment?
Also, how can you control the market value, future growth rate or that market value, overall desirability and the taxation milage rate of a neighborhood?

How many landlords were ready for the .gov to allow tenants to stop paying rents last year?
Are there profits to be found in real estate rentals? Yes. But there are MANY risks not found in competing investments.
[/quote]
Good points.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He can’t, details are beneath him.

Correct... yet these idiots want to tear down the greatest economic system in the history of man kind.... simply because they aren't smart enough to participate... and they hate those that are

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Warren Buffet lives in a modest home in Nebraska....... but why?
Maybe he is a modern day Scrooge?

Maybe he’s happy there.

If you are happy with a modest standard of living why spend your life chasing a dollar?

Because THAT is his "work" and life's passion.
Many folks want to work until they die.
He wants to be involved in the big deals. And he is good at it.

He also has a private jet.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Not true.

Explain how this is not true?

The term mitigate is correct but the cap tax is still collected over a longer time period.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My home is paid off and just appraised at 1.1 million on a desk top appraisal. They said it would bring more on full appraisal but I wouldn't want to borrow more than the non jumbo limit of $640,000. I have another home that I rent that's worth about $350,000 now too. I can borrow an in-house no fee 15 yr loan at 2.25% on them.

I thought about buying 3 nice local lots that are west facing right next to each other for $70,000 each and then building new homes on each to rent. I'd rent them from 15 years until they're paid off and then give one to each of my three kids.

I could probably buy the lots with mortgaging my houses but I wouldn't be able yo build without risking my home with a mortgage. All my builder friends say don't even try to build right now. You can get materials and labor is triple what it was 3 years ago. I decided against it but I still wonder if I should but rhe lots and hold them. There's just no tax benefit yo bare land and the only way to make anything on it is if it keeps appreciating.

I'm having a hard time this year knowing what to invest in. I know I'm just losing value having my retirement money on the sidelines during this kind of inflation. I often consider starting a self directed ira and doing hard money loans.

My friends have made tons doing it but it's because they have foreclosed on properties and taken hundreds of thousands of equity from the people they loaned to. One loaned $100,000 to a widow on her $400,000 home. He gave her tons of opportunities and even left her there over a year with no payment. He then foreclosed and took everything. I know it's the legal thing to do but I'd have a hard time taking $300,000 of some widows equity.

I'm not sure I have the heart to be in that business. I'd probably lose money. I always kept rents too low on my rentals especially for single moms and in the end they never appreciated it and always screwed me over. I'm also still hesitant to do more rentals but in this market I could be picky on tenants.

Bb

Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 55 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,901
Posts18,518,483
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.