Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 38 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 37 38
G
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
G
Never stopped using My 260 I bought a 6.5 CM but like the 260 better.

HR IC

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by LFC
Never fell for the Creedmoor hype....

There are numerous cartriges better for hunting and long range competition.

It's "Creedmoor" not "Creedmore."

And what hype?

Can't wait to hear your expert testimony...

Do your research it's not hard to figure out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by LFC
Never fell for the Creedmoor hype....

There are numerous cartriges better for hunting and long range competition.

It's "Creedmoor" not "Creedmore."

And what hype?

Can't wait to hear your expert testimony...

Do your research it's not hard to figure out.

Sooooo lame.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never hunted with a Creedmoor, hunted with about every other 6.5 in years past however from wildcats to factory 6.5 cartridges
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Just added a couple, like the 6.5’s

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think it's a fine caliber. No better or worse than any in its class. However every gun shop I visit darn near every bolt action rifle is chambered in it. It's hard to find another caliber if looking for a new rifle. Just from what I'm seeing here.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
6.5 Creedmoor is a cult caliber.

Perfect caliber for dial twisters with their Asian made junk rifle scopes.....barely makes the trip with a dialing for deer scope.
A higher recoiling caliber would likely eat those junk Asian rifle scopes alive.

Perfect caliber for people with High BC syndrome....

I was down at the local sporting goods store and over heard a guy telling soneone....

"I dont think I couldn't have kilt that Deer at 300 yards without my "dialing for deer scope and my trusty 6.5 Creedmoor with its high BC bullet"....

6.5 pumpkin roller....Slow as hell but it'll finally get there.

The 6.5 Creedmoor is great for recoil sensitive people.....

Any caliber that kicks any harder will likely cause PTSD in pussys.

Lots of calibers that will kick the little pip squeak of a cartridge to hell and back 100 ways to Sunday.

Hope you 6.5 Creed Culters don't take offense to anything I said....I know your feelings are soft just like your recoil sensitive pussy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
^^ The 6.5CM is as good or better as a whole lot of similar mid range chamberings whether you twist or not. ^^

There's always something faster not matter what you shoot.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

GEE WHIZ !!! LFC, you sound like a real EXPURT. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LFC

Perfect caliber for dial twisters with their Asian made junk rifle scopes.....barely makes the trip with a dialing for deer scope.
A higher recoiling caliber would likely eat those junk Asian rifle scopes alive.

I was down at the local sporting goods store and over heard a guy telling soneone....

"I dont think I couldn't have kilt that Deer at 300 yards without my :dialing for deer" scope and my trusty 6.5 Creedmoor witn its high BC bullet"....

Lots of calibers that will kick the little pip squeak of a cartridge to hell and back 100 ways to Sunday.

Hope you 6.5 Creed Culters dont take offense to anything I said....I know your feeling are soft just like your recoil sensitive pussys.

Will the person with the Christmas wish involving the resurfacing of Lee24, please change your wish?

WWP53D
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by LFC

"I dont think I couldn't have kilt that Deer at 300 yards without my :dialing for deer" scope and my trusty 6.5 Creedmoor witn its high BC bullet"....

Hope you 6.5 Creed Culters dont take offense to anything I said....I know your feeling are soft just like your recoil sensitive pussys.

What's wrong with less recoil if the round is still suited to the targeted game? The deer I killed with a 6.5 died just like the ones I killed with a 300wm, minus some bloodshot meat and some umph on my shoulder.

At this point, ammo availability and # of rifles produced means 6.5cm is going to be a major player for a very long time. Is it better to kill deer than 260 or Swede or Carcano? No. But it's a hell of a lot easier and cheaper for non-reloaders -- 98% of hunters -- to buy ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LFC

There must be a rule written somewhere that says sock puppets have to behave exactly like the dull, dour, unimaginative, dumbasses they fill in for.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
D
I did in an AR in 6.5 Creedmoor, sold the upper but still have a AR15 Performance 24" 6.5 Creedmoor 3r barrel. These were super accurate and made in limited quantities.

I don't know that I will ever build or buy another 6.5 Creedmoor, but I do like the 6mm Creedmoor and have a bolt gun and an AR upper in the works. The 6.5 didn't do anything that the 260 or the 7mm-08 couldn't do as well or slightly better.

I was soured on the 6.5 early on because of all the keyboard ballisticians and the amount of misinformation they spewed. Years ago when it first caught on, everyone jumped on board, I guess that is why it earned the nickname 6.5 Manbun. I honestly thought the fad would die away, but the release of the 6.5 PRC compounded and prolonged the issue.

I have nothing against a 6.5mm cartridge, it's the fanbois that have ruined it for me and make finding bullets for the 6.5-280 Ackley almost impossible. I was able to score 500 of the 156gr EOL bullets yesterday.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Most cartridges were designed for hunting. Some for quadrapeds. Some for bipeds. What works for one, generally works for the other...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by LFC

There must be a rule written somewhere that says sock puppets have to behave exactly like the dull, dour, unimaginative, dumbasses they fill in for.

Yep. And always have THE answer to any of the campfire's inquiries too - well, except how to post field photos.

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
LFC is like a leaky dike. He starts with a few drops of dumbasss, and eventually buckets of dumbasss start flowing. The more he leaks, the more the dumbasss erupts.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I had and hunted with a Barrett Fieldcraft in 6.5 Creedmoor and really liked both the rifle and the cartridge. Very accurate out to the distances I shoot at game animals. I said “had” because a friend really wanted that rifle, and I happened to have my eye on another rifle at the time. I’m back to a .243 Winchester, and my all-time favorite, the 7mm-08 Remington, but one of these days I’ll probably go the 6.5 CM route again.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Never gone back to 6.5 CM, because I never went there to begin with- thankfully, the 6.5 PRC came along, which I own.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Bighorn, Like you i am a big fan of the 6.5 PRC, have used mine a lot the last 2 years, with R-26 and 139 gr. Scenar, the Whitetails, Pigs, and Exotic's really don't like this combo. Rio7

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by LFC

Yep. And always have THE answer to any of the campfire's inquiries too - well, except how to post field photos.

LOL. So funny and true.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Page 8 of 38 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,279
Posts18,486,792
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.