Print Thread
Hop To
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Are they any good?One came on a new rifle I just bought.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always have considered the Nikko Sterling scopes to be junk.................having said that, I left one on a new Howa that I bought, just to see how it shot, and the scope functioned perfectly. I didn't leave it on the rifle, but I would not have been afraid to used the scope on a limited basis.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm hesitant to post this but here goes.....

I've got a 3-10 A.O. with a plex style reticle that was on a Howa 1500 package deal from about 10 years back. The optics are darn good, the w/e adjustments are solid, big sweet spot for parallax correction and it always tracks and returns to zero. It's been on top of lots of rifles, been on loaner guns and generally beaten and treated like a red headed step child for a long time.

It's never so much as hiccuped once during all this.

I've learned not to judge optics solely by the name prefix price. An anomoly? Maybe. Maybe not. Not an endorsement by any means but just sayin'.....

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
Besides I have no time for retarded asswholes too lazy or stupid to check chit out for themselves

Free bump.

🤦🏼‍♂️

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Gotta love it.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doesn't apply to [bleep] you already own but are just too intellectual to realize you can actually use it and find out for yourself.

Know what I'm saying?

Probably made in China.

Throw it in the trash. Not worth the cost of the ammo to sight it in.

You can thank me later.

God Bless America
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
I'm hesitant to post this but here goes.....

I've got a 3-10 A.O. with a plex style reticle that was on a Howa 1500 package deal from about 10 years back. The optics are darn good, the w/e adjustments are solid, big sweet spot for parallax correction and it always tracks and returns to zero. It's been on top of lots of rifles, been on loaner guns and generally beaten and treated like a red headed step child for a long time.

It's never so much as hiccuped once during all this.

I've learned not to judge optics solely by the name prefix price. An anomoly? Maybe. Maybe not. Not an endorsement by any means but just sayin'.....

Good shootin' -Al

Had a cheap Bushnell Banner I replaced asap but it never gave me an issue. Still, I just would never keep a scope package -scope for long.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Had a cheap Bushnell Banner I replaced asap but it never gave me an issue. Still, I just would never keep a scope package -scope for long.

I hear 'ya. Put it on a 7 lb. 300WSM this Summer just to make a quick end of it but the darn thing is like the Energizer Bunny.

It's the exception that proves the rule, I guess. It makes me laugh when I see it so it's worth something just for the good humor factor. smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Originally Posted by kenjs1

I hear 'ya. Put it on a 7 lb. 300WSM this Summer just to make a quick end of it but the darn thing is like the Energizer Bunny.

It's the exception that proves the rule, I guess. It makes me laugh when I see it so it's worth something just for the good humor factor. smile -Al

When I worked the gun counter, the Bushnell Banner was the least expensive scope I would recommend. Mediocre glass, but it holds zero well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Nikko from a Howa that’s about 17 years old. I put it on my Wife’s M7 260 and it worked well for 10 years. It sits under my reloading bench. And it’s silver! I may put it on a 22 this year to see what’s what. I always looked at them as a throw away scope. If they Chitt the bed it’s no big deal but it hasn’t yet. Maybe I put it on a 300WM I’ve never shot.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Huntz
Besides I have no time for retarded asswholes too lazy or stupid to check chit out for themselves

Free bump.

🤦🏼‍♂️

Oh, snap! laugh

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,925 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,944
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.