Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
DEA has been known to take a possum cop along to do a warrantless search of a suspected meth cooker's residence- - - - -"Got an anonymous tip you've ben poaching!" Simpler and quicker than actually jumping through all the hoops to get a warrant!

You're just stupid.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Damn boys...myth dies hard. GW's have no more authority than anyone else. The Constitution still applies.

In Florida they do warrantless searches all the time and the regular police bring the fish cops along on fishing raids. Fish and Game got merged into the marine patrol 30 something years ago in Florida and they became the biggest bunch of arseholes you’l ever have the displeasure to meet. I wouldn’t piss on one if it were on fire. One local “State Law Enforcement” officer named Tim Sweat has taken it to a whole higher level of dickhead. I’m amazed he hasn’t met a bad end yet.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by CashisKing
[quote=Esox357]Wardens have a lot of authority.

Hell yes they do...

Game Warden in my area of West Virginia... tough as nails... no BS from anyone. Rode heard like Judge Roy Bean... a genuine badass.

He has been missing for 11 months now.

...well I wonder where the Louisiana sheriff went to? You can sho get lost in dem loozianna bayous....

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
We had our CO on speed dial.
Couple visits and the local punks quit poaching ( proly in jail or dead from meth now ).

Hunted another county over and dude was kind of a dik.
Checked us while yoting state ground.

Let him do his thing and then chatted.
Got to talkin bout hunter safety, and classes....said he just did one at such n such conservation club.

Told him i didnt go because the one fat guy was an azzhole. He said you mean such and such?

My bud and I cracked up.....yeah man, thats my dad.

Very uncommon name but old possum cop didnt connect the dots after checking my license.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/28/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GW's (and interdiction officers) are masters of obtaining consent. The ignorance of people who believe that they are immune to the the constitution is an advantage. When the possum cops show up and say "We hear you got a bald eagle in your freezer but we don't believe it...mind showing us?"...you just let them see the roaches in your ashtray. Game over.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Esox357
Wardens have a lot of authority.

Hell yes they do...

Game Warden in my area of West Virginia... tough as nails... no BS from anyone. Rode heard like Judge Roy Bean... a genuine badass.

I googled "West Virginia game warden missing?" and got zero hits for that search?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
GW's (and interdiction officers) are masters of obtaining consent. The ignorance of people who believe that they are immune to the the constitution is an advantage. When the possum cops show up and say "We hear you got a bald eagle in your freezer but we don't believe it...mind showing us?"...you just let them see the roaches in your ashtray. Game over.

The only cop I'm letting in my home is you, for some bourbon or a few beers.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
The mentality here is give me the man and I’ll find the crime. The storm (state)troupers in Oregon are very militaristic and don’t play around but still can’t come on private property without permission or a warrant the feds otoh can.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter

The only cop I'm letting in my home is you, for some bourbon or a few beers.

Just a few? Lol

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In Arkansas they can cut your locks and go on your property if they want.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by wyoelk
Fouck yeah they do

I keep my kill tags and verification numbers on the back of my taxidermy mounts.

Fuggin shîtbirds

Ha. No they don't. Wyoming fish cops closed down I80 several years ago and made everyone exit. Asked if you were hunting. If you said yes, it was off to a spot for a full vehicle search. If you said no, it was off to another spot for a full vehicle search. The lawsuits were hilarious and we have better behaved fish cops now. Tell em to fug off.
obviously varies by state even down to warden discretion

They’ll dig through your freezers here. I know someone it happened to years back and now I know a warden that I fills me in on local happenings after cases are settled.

With the correct paperwork signed by a judge? Yes. Without? Fug off

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have become good friends with my local game warden- he’s very intelligent and not your average power hungry LEO. He’s made it very clear they have no more power than any other LEO. They cannot do 90% ofwhat the legends say they can, however, they use those long told tales to their advantage. Many of the searches they perform are consented to because someone’s dad and grandad told them “game wardens have the most power in the US”. His best quote is that they do not have powers that supersede the constitution.

Last edited by SRPI89; 12/28/21.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by Esox357
Wardens have a lot of authority.

Hell yes they do...

I googled "West Virginia game warden missing?" and got zero hits for that search?

Golly gee...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Particularly as some states get more and more ridiculous with the penalties with fines of tens of thousands of dollars and jail time for game violations. If you’re going to treat game violations as felonies, then all the same protections should apply. It’s one thing when it might be administrative points on a license, a fine of $500 or less, and no possibility of any jail, but it is entirely another with the way they are treating game violations these days.

I poach game all the time... may spotlight a few does here in a bit... who cares.

WAY BETTER than hitting then with my truck.

Fugg a game law. It 2021... ain't no rules no more.

True

I mean with Telepoach call on checkin. You can not check in deer or you can check in ghost deer to make skew numbers.
Check in 20-30 does a season (3 a day limit) get a few others doing it. The biologist has a wet dream.

Never done that but has crossed my mind.

LOL

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have our wardens personal cell number stored in my phone. She is a great warden. Does a ton for kids. We get along just fine. She doesn’t have constitution avoiding super powers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SRPI89
I have become good friends with my local game warden- he’s very intelligent and not your average power hungry LEO. He’s made it very clear they have no more power than any other LEO. They cannot do 10% of what the legends say they can, however, they use those long told tales to their advantage. Many of the searches they perform are consented to because someone’s dad and grandad told them “game wardens have the most power in the US”. His best quote is that they do not have powers that supersede the constitution.

It's funny how that "cop I know" is a good guy, but the one who wrote me a ticket is an [bleep], ain't it?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yes, and no. A hunting license is an administrative thing. I believe that when you get a hunting license, in some places you give implied consent for certain things that would otherwise require warrants. The penalties being administrative and civil and not criminal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cut them some slack, there is a shortage of hogs and whitetail

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

Can they "squeal like a pig"?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

Can they "squeal like a pig"?

[bleep] would if he did it to mine.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

242 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 28 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.