Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter

No license required to hunt your property.

Is that the law in your state? Sounds like a pretty good rule. What state are you in?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Yes, and no. A hunting license is an administrative thing. I believe that when you get a hunting license, in some places you give implied consent for certain things that would otherwise require warrants. The penalties being administrative and civil and not criminal.

This. Hunting is not a “right”. It’s a privilege and to get that privilege you agree to relinquish certain rights for administrative purposes.

In my line of work I don’t need a search warrant to search a doctor’s office for records - if I’ve been duly appointed to investigate. It’s not a random thing. But doctors (and lawyers etc) agree to this as a condition of being granted the privilege to practice.

What are you talking about? I haven't bought a hunting license in years, but limit out on bucks. Please tell me what implied consent I have allowed

Do you have a hunting license to hunt game in your state? Doesn’t matter if you paid for it, if you’re licensed to hunt you follow the rules, which include giving up administrative rights.

And, if you’re hunting particular species without a license, you’re poaching.

ETA “limit out” means you’re following the hunting rules. But a game warden can still check to make you haven’t taken more.

Yet you mention “limit out”, which means there are still rules that apply to you.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by kingston

Is that the law in your state? Sounds like a pretty good rule. What state are you in?

It is the law, it's that way in several states.

Landowners or Tenants

Resident landowners or tenants who hunt only on land owned or agriculturally leased by them (not including hunting leases) are exempt from the hunting license. Resident landowners who hunt waterfowl and other migratory game birds only on their own property are exempt from the Oklahoma waterfowl license and HIP requirements.

Only resident landowners or tenants or such individuals’ children who trap on land owned or agriculturally leased by such owners or agricultural lessees (not including hunting leases) are exempt from purchasing a trapping license.

Persons residing in another state who own land in Oklahoma but do not live on that land are considered nonresidents and are not exempt.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yes, and no. A hunting license is an administrative thing. I believe that when you get a hunting license, in some places you give implied consent for certain things that would otherwise require warrants. The penalties being administrative and civil and not criminal.

This. Hunting is not a “right”. It’s a privilege and to get that privilege you agree to relinquish certain rights for administrative purposes.

In my line of work I don’t need a search warrant to search a doctor’s office for records - if I’ve been duly appointed to investigate. It’s not a random thing. But doctors (and lawyers etc) agree to this as a condition of being granted the privilege to practice.

What are you talking about? I haven't bought a hunting license in years, but limit out on bucks. Please tell me what implied consent I have allowed

Do you have a hunting license to hunt game in your state? Doesn’t matter if you paid for it, if you’re licensed to hunt you follow the rules, which include giving up administrative rights.

ETA “limit out” means you’re following the hunting rules. But a game warden can still check to make you haven’t taken more.

Yet you mention “limit out”, which means there are still rules that apply to you.

Everyone has to follow the limits, but no license needed.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
So you’re still subject to exactly what i said in my first post.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

You belong in Canada,

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
LOL. It’s not a matter of where i belong.

You quoted an explanation of the law in your state, not the actual law. The law https://law.justia.com/codes/oklahoma/2006/os29.html includes the enforcement authority of game wardens, as well as the offences that can be committed. And how do they enforce “all game limits apply”? Exactly the same way they enforce the law for people who do have to buy a license.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am not required to buy a license nor am I required to wear 500 square inches of orange during big game firearm hunts.
I qualify for Tennessee landowner exemption.

I still have to respect bag limits, and all legal manner and means of the session/season and game animal being hunted.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Ak state game wardens are state troopers wearing brown uniforms. All same, samo. Often there is an exchange of roles at need.

I've had no issues with either. Nor generally with the Feds, tho there has been one or two....

I've been given breaks they didn't need to give, so I'm good with them, and do my best tostay inside the lines.

Almost always.... smile

Last edited by las; 12/28/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by slumlord

I am not required to buy a license nor am I required to wear 500 square inches of orange during big game firearm hunts.
I qualify for Tennessee landowner exemption.

I still have to respect bag limits, and all legal manner and means of the session/season and game animal being hunted.

Agreed. Just because you don’t have to buy a license doesn’t mean you’re not subject to the same rules as everyone else.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by sgt217
Game and Fish has no more authority than any other law enforcement officer. The constitution takes care of that and slowly (at least in a few cases) that is being learned...

^^^^^^^^
Thats a fact,Jack.Kicked off my property when they wanted to search my house sans warrant.They think they do and will try and BS you but get butt hurt when you call The Sheriffs Dept to get rid of trespassers. .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
In my state if you are visually engaged in fishing or hunting or shellfishing, a F&W officer has the authority to check your license, tags, catch cards, and gear.

If they can articulate a reasonable belief you’ve committed a violation, they can conduct a warrantless search. Here is the revised code regarded their search powers:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They are also cross commissioned by US F&W and the Marine Fisheries folks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
Ak state game wardens are state troopers wearing brown uniforms. All same, samo. Often there is an exchange of roles at need.

I've had no issues with either. Nor generally with the Feds, tho there has been one or two....

I've been given breaks they didn't need to give, so I'm good with them, and do my best tostay inside the lines.

Almost always.... smile

Yup, Oregon and (IIRC) Connecticut are the only other states with the same basic design.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by SRPI89
I have become good friends with my local game warden- he’s very intelligent and not your average power hungry LEO. He’s made it very clear they have no more power than any other LEO. They cannot do 10% of what the legends say they can, however, they use those long told tales to their advantage. Many of the searches they perform are consented to because someone’s dad and grandad told them “game wardens have the most power in the US”. His best quote is that they do not have powers that supersede the constitution.

It's funny how that "cop I know" is a good guy, but the one who wrote me a ticket is an [bleep], ain't it?

Some that have given me tickets were [bleep].
One should have cut me slack.

The last one? A State Cop.
He was actually apologizing for needing to ticket me.
My car inspection was just shy of being expired, for a year.
I knew it too. Just didnt bother.

I think he saw the POS Subaru, and our girls and felt bad. Thinking
we were poor.

I was laughing and telling him to just write the ticket. I knew for a year
it might happen. He eventually ask if he could use my me as a reference.
His boss liked to contact people the officers had interacted with,
And get their input.

Got home. Kids told on me immediately. Caught hell!
Told them all I was glad to be caught with them in the car.
That it was a good experience for them.

A week later, my wife got the call from a Lieutenant.
He was shocked when she told him what I said, and that
I was impressed by the young cop.

Of course, just as all cops aren't [bleep],

Those of us that condemn the actions of some,
Don't dislike them all.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Particularly as some states get more and more ridiculous with the penalties with fines of tens of thousands of dollars and jail time for game violations. If you’re going to treat game violations as felonies, then all the same protections should apply. It’s one thing when it might be administrative points on a license, a fine of $500 or less, and no possibility of any jail, but it is entirely another with the way they are treating game violations these days.

Worse than bleck dimocrap murderes.

Yeah, so much for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Sheesh, it aint like a fence umper kilt someone.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You belong in Canada,

Exactly. Lol

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will say this about Game Wardens and Deputies. I’ve dealt with them on numerous occasions, and some I was not hunting or spotting. On no occasion was I guilty of any infraction.
Each time, I was treated like I was something you’d scrape off your shoe. A common azzhole who’s obviously done some horrendous crime, they just didn’t know what yet.
I’ve also dealt with State Police on numerous occasions. In almost each time I was guilty of some traffic infraction. Each time I was treated respectfully, even though it usually resulted in a fine.
Now I’ll say this. I’m pretty opportunistic when it comes to putting some venison in the freezer, especially when I was younger and the drags weren’t so tough. I’m probably killed as many deer with my .22 Magnum as I have with all my centerfires combined. Quite a few with a spotlight.
I’ve known two deputy Game Wardens. Both were much bigger outlaws than I could ever dream of being. One of them I know was killing deer at night, selling meat to a local takeout diner. Hell, it was common knowledge in the town.
There was an occasion in the late ‘80s where the GWs were actually killing and dressing deer for their supervisors! That made the newspaper statewide.
I’ve got a lot of respect for most police officers. Each that I’ve known personally were family men and part of the community.
I’ve got none for GWs or deputies.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Back in my LEO days, I ask a coon cop how they were able to stop people out and about.

He basically said if they wearing orange, or had dried blood on the tailgate, they were hunting…. The articulate probable cause to suit there needs.

So if you don’t hunt or shoot and were wearing an orange safety vest and had tranny fluid running down your tailgate from a transmission you pulled from a vehicle in farmer Jones pasture during hunting season, you might get stop. Bastards.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Y'all are giving the GW and the law in general way to much authority to do as they please. I've spent a good amount of time hand cuffed, hauled in to the local Sheriff office and booked for one thing or another. Then you spend a good amount of money fighting for my - our rights. So far I'm 4 out of 5 wins for wildlife related issues and my one loss was federal and it was a civil charge instead of criminal. So I had to go before a federal judge and the prosecutor only had to prove 51% guilt. The majority of people are not willing to fight for their rights, or don't think they have time to fight and just pay the fine. And that's how we ended up in the mess we have now. IMO

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MOGC

I googled "West Virginia game warden missing?" and got zero hits for that search?

Golly gee...[/quote]

Yeah... that's what I thought. Carry on.
[/quote]

Google... and West Virginia... LOL... That is priceless...

Cell phone coverage map of WV... [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Because if Google can't find info... and cell phones don't work... nothing

OK

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,918
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.