Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
The concern is with the stitching, not the web material. d.

Although mine has years and many many hours of wear time, is stored in my basement during the off season, always under a jacket when hunting with just a small amount exposed around my thighs I'd hope (gulp) it wouldn't fail if stressed.

Last edited by Lawdwaz; 01/01/22.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jeeper

I've wore a rock climbers harness with tether rope above me and prussick connecting the 2 for over 20 years. always stayed connected going up and coming down.

Recently started using a saddle with sticks or a modified climber with linesman belt and or tether rope with ropeman or prussick and loving the flexibility with the saddle.

I really like it. Wasn't sure if I would. If used right I don't think one can be safer than in a saddle. There's really no way to fall.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Windfall
Dean, I've seen that too and just figured that it was cya from a liability standpoint. I've spent some time in the rubber industry and yes absolutely, rubber degrades over time because the plasticizers leach out to the surface, but Nylon strapping and buckles just worn during the hunting season and kept out of the sun I'd sure think is a pretty long wearing item.

That HSS Pro model is one of the heavier ones with lots of pockets, but a built in USB port...really? I'm thinking that I need something a little more utilitarian.

I used HSS and Muddy - the HSS have been regulated to treestand install and removal, or deer recovery as they also have a loop at the tail bone where you can attach a drag strap and use both both hands for other tasks.

The Muddy is light, secure, and reasonably easy to manipulate in the dark. The HSS tend to be heavier, wider strapping, less flexible than the Muddy. I keep the majority of what I used carry in the HSS pockets in a very small day pack.

One thing to look for - you’re probably going to hunt through different seasons, so get a harness that you can adjust easily if you have throw in a another layer.

Last edited by AH64guy; 01/02/22.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 23 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.