Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tikkanut

well I do......living in Podunk Utah it's an hour's journey for provisions

Unless you're filling your freezer from critters in the back yard

Walmart is there for all your needs and then some...from spare ribs to KY jelly

Although..this year I've shopped Walmart using the 'Pick Up' method

Go online & make your order...wait outside till the Walmart associate brings out your stuff

Did have one order fug up this year...but they made it up with a $15 gift card..thus the KY jelly--- grin

The benefit...no standing in some covid-19 line waiting 20 fuggin minutes

Any how.....I'll be a wally world the 5th at noon Price Utah iffin ya wanna have lunch---U buy.....

As I have said before. I've yet to see anything like the vids at the Walmarts we shop at.

All employees very nice.

Rarely a wait to check out, especially since they went to self check.

Now with this fake covid thing the shelves are not always full but full enough you can make it work.

I've tried to get 87 Y O mom to call in an order to pick up but she demands to wiggle in and thats her call. Long as she can. Just said she should do it when she doesn't feel well to prepare for the future.

As to callling in... so its safer? to let someone else grab all the stuff thats been in exposed air than you? LMAO on that one but whatever.

Anyway Walmart in rural USA seems to be just fine.

In fact I've never been offended in Fairbanks or Wasiilla but that said I don't shop those often.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Teal
Supply Chain wise - Targets use of BOPIS has given them an edge over Walmart in e-com. Amazon is basically copying the idea in areas.

I don't shop at Walmart because the stuff I buy there is lower quality than elsewhere.

Their OTIF demands tend to put a rush on suppliers. What good is saving 4 bucks on a shirt at Walmart if I have to buy 3 of them to last as long as one I buy at Fleet Farm?

Name 1 thing you get at Walmart that is SUPERIOR or unobtainable elsewhere at a competitive price?

Fleet Farm and the internet have me covered without giving money to the Blue vests...

well. Still wearing sweats and drawers and socks that are who knows how old? Some socks got holes. So did the Burlington ones that cost way more...

Whats worn out quickly vs cost? Duluth fire hose pants. Crazy how fast the knees wear out but I like the fact I can put pads in them for protecting knees for mechanic work etc...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If you live near a Walmart, you have other options.

We have a Wal-Mart within 5 miles. Not a super store, limited groceries, and other items. The only other options for a lot of stuff is fancy little $hops
in town that cater to resort tourists or a 30+ mile drive in 3 directions.
Wal-Mart is a big part of the shopping in those places too. One does
have a Sam's. Real choices are an hour and a half.

Might not be too bad in some places, but I don't have to drive that far.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Sometimes I just need the entertainment, so I go wander around Wally World without intent to buy anything. The fatties are plentiful, so there's that to look forward to.

It never disappoints but I have to be in the right mood to deal with all the people.

Pick any chick's up in there?

TinCock likes the fatties.we all know that------- wink

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by gene270
we have started shopping target more and more lately...
cleaner brighter more organised and stocked shelves and what seems to be a better clients when it comes to customers

Been in there once. 20 years ago, looked for a sporting goods section and was very disappointed, walked out n ain't been back.

Aren't they pro queer?

They are pro anti-Second Amendment.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Is this TinCock ?

[Linked Image from peopleofwalmart.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Been doing their online order- - - -curbside pickup for groceries for quite a while. Our local Wally World had a pretty good reloading department a while back- - - -powder, primers, bullets, dies, load manuals, even RCBS shell holders and decapping pins. I haven't checked lately, but it's doubtful they will have much, if anything in stock.

One nice thing about the curbside pickup- - - - -I don't have to dodge the 400 pound N i g g a p o t a m u s on the electric scooter!

The on line order system is what I do

No need to go into store at all

Better selection of what they carry too & web site easy to navigate

Good thing too...right next door is a Hobo Freight & TSC....

Oh yea......I did buy the last jug of T6 Rotella 5w40 TSC had last trip---$60 OTD

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Got 4 supercenters here in Viva Clarksvegas.

Think I can find any ammo today????

Naw.....
Fugg dat....
Walmart is beneath my dignity....

I will just go to mee maw and pee paws LGS and pay their 50% marked up price for ammo they buy at Wally World to begin with.

#impactinmymind.......

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Walmart sucks but there’s no place else to go around my place in Mississippi. It’s pretty much them or Dollar General store. For groceries all we have left is Winn Dixie so you get to walk just as far as in Walmart, deal with equally obnoxious people, and pay 50% more. The nearest Target is 90 miles away and they don’t stock nearly as much, so you have to go to Walmart after going there to get what you need.

I wish there were other options but I’m not living near a giant metroplex just so I can have a couple of uppity stores to shop at.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Next time in town I'm checking to see if Wal Mart has Delo 400 15-40 for the tractor. The local Bi Mart store hasn't had any for months. One place has it, but it's $25 per gallon.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Special Kitty, Mighty Dog, and Ramen Noodles are less exspensive at Wally World. Cause they contract in massive volumes nationwide.

Budget minded seniors are all over dat schit, even they don't shop at mee maw and pee paws pet and chicken feed supply.

#smartshoppers
#SSonlyretirementincomesource
#Wallyworldprovideth

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
And the shear humanity entertainment value of it all at Wally World.
Is worth the free admission price!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by renegade50

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ours are not like that.

You do wait for a long time to check out.

The other day some little fugger came up and closed the register we were unloading on.

The checker looked confused. Everyone has a mask on so I couldn't hear anything they said.

We were able to check out though.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by renegade50

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ours are not like that.

You do wait for a long time to check out.

The other day some little fugger came up and closed the register we were unloading on.

The checker looked confused. Everyone has a mask on so I couldn't hear anything they said.

We were able to check out though.

The show entertainment value is regionally and demographically based.

Yours is probably like a 3rd grade school play.

Ours is like Caligula,s freak show in ancient Rome fast fowarded 2k yrs!!!

👍👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
For you Walmart haters, their earnings are expected to be down this quarter because, according to Wall Street, they declined to pass along the price increases to their customers as other stores did. FWIW

I can't find anything in Target. It's easy in Walmart.

I have to call false on that. I buy my groceries from Walmart and certain specific items have jumper big time. One in particular I like was the southern fired chicken breasts which were two months ago $3.95 a bag. The next month they were $5.95 and just day before yesterday they were $12.95. Guess I won't be eating any of those anytime soon. Same thing with some of the other staples I happen to like. I do wonder when all this BS will finally settle down and return to normal. Probably never.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Walmart grocery curbside pick up works well for me.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What is it all you ladies need so badly, that you are going to Walmart for?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I go to walmart regularly. Really no place to go and get everything in one place close. The other grocery store in town has less stock and cost 25% more. Our Walmart Supercenter sucks and is the.worst managed one I have ever been to. But it has put the other places out of business.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Plus the city council made considerable concessions to get Wal-Mart to build here. Concessions that were not available to smaller businesses.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Only good thing about the Targets….

Soccer moms in yoga pants.

Ba-bammm…..

I swear some of those women don't have a mirror.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (44mc, 35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 15 invisible), 1,521 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,950
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.