Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SRPI89
I was looking for a Kimber 84 select Grade...I put my cell on...He wanted to use Zelle...had my wife send him the $...

This is like dropping your drawers and grabbing your ankles.

When you want it bad you get it bad.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

GB1

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 1badf350
Damn. This is why I never post WTB ads. Just about every time I end up getting scammer responses.

Post you WTB and you might as well put a bull eye on your head.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Note to self; never buy anything at a beer drink except beer.

"We don't rent pigs"
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve never had bad luck buying from someone here. I won’t buy from someone that doesn’t have a lot of posts.

Just fyi, some long standing members (with high post counts) accounts have been hacked and used to scam folks in our classifieds here at 24HCF.

Mine did. My account was locked and I couldn't figure out why. I eventually just created another account. Then I happen upon a scam post apparently made by "me". Now after 12 years and several hundred posts, I have to start over earning everyone's trust.

It might be lonely at the top, but it's a bitch at the bottom.
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Buckshot77
I’ve never had bad luck buying from someone here. I won’t buy from someone that doesn’t have a lot of posts.

Just fyi, some long standing members (with high post counts) accounts have been hacked and used to scam folks in our classifieds here at 24HCF.

Mine did. My account was locked and I couldn't figure out why. I eventually just created another account. Then I happen upon a scam post apparently made by "me". Now after 12 years and several hundred posts, I have to start over earning everyone's trust.

What was your former account name?

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L

This, right here.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by lightning

It had been "fldoghunter" since 2009.

It might be lonely at the top, but it's a bitch at the bottom.
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by lightning

It had been "fldoghunter" since 2009.

That sucks, hopefully no one got burned. Looks like Rick caught it before anything happened.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When asking for a note with the date under the picture, tell them to crumple it up then flatten it out again to where it’s still legible. Much harder to photoshop that. A little tip I picked up today on another site I frequent.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 02/08/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I usually ask for another pic from a specific angle of a specific part of a gun that wasn't initially provided so that people can't just use pics swiped off of gunbroker.

For anything somewhat expensive, I also normally send a PM asking for them to all me, regardless of post count.

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (280ACKIMP, 44mc, 3dtestify, 007FJ, 1badf350, 700LTR, 16 invisible), 12,958 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,337
Posts18,546,266
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.