Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by elkaddict
Tract is the new standard by which all optics are measured.

I’m a huge fan of tract owning 3 binos and 2 scopes. They are a Best Buy in my opinion. However, they are not “the standard.” Although optically they are outstanding, they do not equal the glass of the best Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss offers. They are however amazing quality for the dollars spent.

I have a Lieca ultraviolet and I find my Tract binoculars are better to my eyes than my Leica.

I also own 5 S&B's 4 PMII and 1 Summit and a US Optics and as far I'm concerned my Tract's give up nothing

Strabismus

Try one instead of posting BS

You might want to sell your body to science as you are more dense than depleted uranium. I was the one that made the comparison, you are the one full of BS

You are a f'ing idiot drippy GFY

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

You aren’t a f'ing idiot drippy GFY

Thanks for the assessment and good wishes, Good For You too.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Tract Torics are made by Light Optical Works in Japan, which makes scopes (and scope parts) for a bunch of other companies including Nightforce and Zeiss. They also make binoculars and spotting scopes for a bunch of companies with top reputations, and have been since LOW was founded in 1956.

Anybody who believes that only central European countries can make top-notch optics, whether in optical or mechanical terms, is wandering around in the mists of past history....

There is a recent post somewhere here identifying the companies LOW builds for, all, I would expect having their own construction specifications assuming LOW is not doing any of the design work.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
LOW not only builds optics to whatever design some other company requests, but will design new optics to whatever standards desired

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Of course. A contractor will do whatever they are contracted to do, engineer, procure and/or construct. I spent a career in O&G managing precisely those elements as needed.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I’m a huge fan of tract owning 3 binos and 2 scopes. They are a Best Buy in my opinion. However, they are not “the standard.” Although optically they are outstanding, they do not equal the glass of the best Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss offers. They are however amazing quality for the dollars spent.

I have a Lieca ultraviolet and I find my Tract binoculars are better to my eyes than my Leica.

I also own 5 S&B's 4 PMII and 1 Summit and a US Optics and as far I'm concerned my Tract's give up nothing

"5 S&B'rs" is too many for a mere mortal.....

Any S&B'rs for sale ?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by LFC

"5 S&B'rs" is too many for a mere mortal.....

Any S&B'rs for sale ?

Don’t forget, Einstein also has the rare Leica Ultraviolet binoculars.

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

🤣🤣.....Now thats funny right there!!! 🤣🤣

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The Tract Toric 2-10x42 is a great scope. I've used one on several different rifles and have done a lot of hunting and a lot of shooting with one over a couple of years. I purposefully did a lot of dialing with it and it adjusted perfectly. Really neat implementation of the zero stopped elevation dial for a hunting scope that someone can switch out or keep the low profile elevation dial. Great eye relief and user characteristics. Glass is very good IMO....I think to get better glass you've really got to step up in cost and the difference isn't going to be much.

It may be a little heavy at 18 oz and the eye piece isn't a small one but those are the only real tradeoffs I see with it. I see folks all the time asking for a high quality, basic 1" scope without a "busy" reticle for hunting. Tract did it with the Toric and the T-plex.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Are these people on drugs ?

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have both of the scopes that you mention. To my eyes, the Z3 has a very slight edge wrt to glass, but the Tract seems to have a better erector assembly and I'd probably trust its mechanics more. Of course the Tract is a little heavier too, if that matters to you.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 01/10/22.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I've read that Tract is releasing a 2.5-15x44 illuminated 30mm scope later this year. That should be a popular model for them.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Tract may well make good scopes, but they have nothing simple that I would ever buy. I don't snipe when I can normally get closer..

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Tracts don't work close?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Wrapids
Tract may well make good scopes, but they have nothing simple that I would ever buy. I don't snipe when I can normally get closer..

A 2-10 with a plex reticle and capped turrets isn’t simple?

Last edited by Motown; 01/10/22.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I’ve compared Tract binoculars to Swaro SLC’s side by side while hunting out west. The SLC’s held a clear advantage in definition and clarity at long range. The Tract’s also required more frequent focus adjustment to maintain a clear image when glassing from one distance to another.

If most of your work is inside of 500 yards then I would go for the Tract’s over Swaro …. If you hunt in big country then save up for another year….there is a difference but not noticeable at shorter ranges…

Just my opinion….I know you asked about scopes but this is my only Tract to Swaro experience.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
The Tract Toric 2-10x42 is a great scope. I've used one on several different rifles and have done a lot of hunting and a lot of shooting with one over a couple of years. I purposefully did a lot of dialing with it and it adjusted perfectly. Really neat implementation of the zero stopped elevation dial for a hunting scope that someone can switch out or keep the low profile elevation dial. Great eye relief and user characteristics. Glass is very good IMO....I think to get better glass you've really got to step up in cost and the difference isn't going to be much.

It may be a little heavy at 18 oz and the eye piece isn't a small one but those are the only real tradeoffs I see with it. I see folks all the time asking for a high quality, basic 1" scope without a "busy" reticle for hunting. Tract did it with the Toric and the T-plex.

Great summary. I agree with all points.

I had a Toric 2-10x42mm and thought it was great. I sold it because I wasn't a big fan of the BDC reticle. I plan to purchase another at some point but with a T-Plex...I still have other Tract models (Tekoa and Turion)with the T-Plex reticle and think they are great scopes.

Currently owning a Z3 3-9x36mm, I can say that the mechanics are not as precise or repeatable compared to the Toric. But it works as a set-and-forget scope...and the reduced weight is nice in some applications.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by gene270
can anybody compare the two in the 2-10x42 models
tract versus the z3 model

I do not have any Z3’s, but do have a few Z6 1.7-10x42, and several other 30mm tubes Zeiss, S&B, Leica, Kahles somewhat close in the power range with 42mm objectives.

I have a Tract Toric 2-10x42 with the T-Plex. I certainly do not dread looking through the Tract in comparison with the others in low light.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I've checked over Tract binos and scopes, and I find them to be out of sync with my wants. They may be well made and such, but I detest huge objective bells. And I have no need for twisting knobs, not often a hunter can't get closer eh?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 11,740 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,368
Posts18,547,069
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.