Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 450BM
Walmart…

I needed to buy four $50 dollar gift cards for a company event with my company credit card. Safety/scammer protocols wouldn’t allow me to it in one transaction, it stopped me after two. I called the “kid” over to ask him why and he explained it all. I understand all this is to prevent people from getting scammed into buying cards to “fix their computer” or whatever the scammer is telling them they need to do. But, I wasn’t getting scammed and they were only $50 buck cards.

I told him to get me a manager.

While he was doing that, I paid for two and then started a new transaction, got the next two and paid for them. The “kid” and the manager came over and were trying to stop me… I explained to them what I was doing, I wasn’t getting scammed and there was nothing they could do to stop me from using MY credit card to make a purchase. They were really nervous and blabbing on and on about scammers but at that point that’s all they could do…

This Walmart never has ammo anymore, well, I think they do but I never see it.

If you knew how many vulnerable people came in to try and buy thousands worth of cards, you'd understand their apprehension.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
Stingers can be bought directly from CCI as I write this

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/cci/

Ten years ago, both Singers and MiniMags were half the price they are today, based on this pricing. How does that compare with inflation in general, I wonder, in the same time period.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Standard WM protocol. Employees lie to reserve things for themselves, never thinking through the possible liability. Call your local news station and tell them a WM employee told you they have dangerous, defective ammo on the shelf... 😇😂

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Would probably be surprised at how common it is for high demand - low inventory / hard to get product like ammo often is to be stashed somewhere out of sight from the general public, saved for purchase by store personnel, their family, friends, or a bonus 'kick-back' from certain customers.

Sometimes a store clerk not regularly assigned to a particular dept with no knowledge of the 'scheme' and willing to search will surprisingly find it...

Another common ploy is a store employee will 'tip-off' certain people beforehand when certain products are about to be drastically clearance priced or high demand products will be back in stock.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2

Would probably be surprised at how common it is for high demand - low inventory / hard to get product like ammo often is to be stashed somewhere out of sight from the general public, saved for purchase by store personnel, their family, friends, or a bonus 'kick-back' from certain customers.

Sometimes a store clerk not regularly assigned to a particular dept with no knowledge of the 'scheme' and willing to search will surprisingly find it...

Another common ploy is a store employee will 'tip-off' certain people beforehand when certain products are about to be drastically clearance priced or high demand products will be back in stock.

That’s where Neeny and Pop get the ammo for their local gun shop.

Cousin Immagene works the sporting goods counter.

+50% to feel warm and fuzzy and shop local.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People still shop at wallymart??

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by joken2

That’s where Neeny and Pop get the ammo for their local gun shop.

Cousin Immagene works the sporting goods counter.

+50% to feel warm and fuzzy and shop local.

^^^ Fact... ^^^

Was in a local Walmart some years back checking out the end of hunting season clearance aisle and happened to strike up a conversation with another shopper doing likewise. He and his wife both had a shopping cart each piled high with clearance priced hunting and shooting supplies of all kinds. I jokingly commented that they should have enough stuff to not need to buy any more for several years. He replied that they were picking up stock to sell next year as they ran a little side business at their house selling hunting stuff out of the garage. Said he and wife had already made a few trips buying carts full earlier. He then went on to do 'the wink' and scan over both shoulders thing and half-whisper that he had an 'inside' connection who tips him off to the exact time and day when this stuff is supposed to be put out on clearance so he can be there bright and early and get first pick. He in-turn gives his 'inside contact' a few bucks on the sly for the tip-off.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by renegade50
Jiveturkey.
You never experienced the walmart employee brickseek games they try to pull???

Their are numerous methods to overcome their " devious" game.

Me and slumlord ruined alotta walmart tiny tim xmas plans in our time.

I don't think their will ever be brickseek guns and ammo sales at wally world ever again.
For about 3 or 4 yrs running pre C19 bullschit.
We had network threads on here
Nationwide helping each other out finding SKU,s and inventory.

We all may be a buncha peckerheads individually at times.
But collectively on those brickseek threads we were helping each other out.
It got to a point when alot of us were inadvertently helping out lurkers .
Fugg them.

We took alot of stuff to pm and text also.

Networking.....

I loved it when that was going on. Picked up an 1187 compact 20 for my son for $124.99. Leupold rangefinder, 50 bucks.

Used brickseek a few weeks back and it showed the noco gb40 jump starter for 69 bucks. I went and grabbed one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I keep stingers in my pocket gut gun.

But for squirrel hunting...they are squirrelly.

40 grain, lead medium velocity 1080fps shoots tighter.

Your mileage may vary

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
People still shop at wallymart??

people shop other places?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Was at wally world earlier & checked their ammo. They had 30.06, 30.30 & some other stuff $10 more than pre covid. They had two 200 round boxes of stingers so I asked the woman employee what the price was. She scanned it & said it wouldn't come up. I told her to get a manager and figure out a price because I wanted a box she said they were recalled & I couldn't purchase Anyone know of a recall I couldn't find anything about one

Lower prices for ammo in counties with greater restrictions and fewer shooters suggests that current situation in USA is caused by stupid people that buy ammo they do not need at higher prices. I see no reason to sell something for 12 when I can sell same item easily for 18. To sell for lower price would indicate stupidity.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Recalled back to the break room maybe!! I bet that “lot #” had been spoken for by one of the dept managers.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntaholic
I ran into this several months ago. If she would have had enough sense to break the 4 pack and scan them individually, they would have been in the system. I tried to buy all 4 boxes but 2 was all she would sell me. That's a shipping pack, not labeled for resale as such.

This is the campfire in a nutshell. Here is the actual explanation of what happened. Ask yourself, Self, have I ever seen a 200 round package of CCI Stingers? No, Self, you have not. Yet many of you come up with a Walmart ammo cabal to keep it from getting to the public. Which is more likely, the cabal thingy or Walmart employee incompetence?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 19352012
I ran into this several months ago. If she would have had enough sense to break the 4 pack and scan them individually, they would have been in the system. I tried to buy all 4 boxes but 2 was all she would sell me. That's a shipping pack, not labeled for resale as such.

This is the campfire in a nutshell. Here is the actual explanation of what happened. Ask yourself, Self, have I ever seen a 200 round package of CCI Stingers? No, Self, you have not. Yet many of you come up with a Walmart ammo cabal to keep it from getting to the public. Which is more likely, the cabal thingy or Walmart employee incompetence?

I can confirm that walmart does receive then in shipping packs of 200 sometimes. I watched them putting some out a while back and they were opening little boxes of 200 and pulling out four individual 50 round boxes. They had a 3 box limit so I asked if they were breaking them down so they would go further. They said the 200 packs weren't in their system because they were meant to be sold by the 50 count box. I took 3 boxes and they gave me one of the shipping boxes to keep them in. If I find it I'll see if it's even bar coded.

Bb

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I did the Brickseek search deal and it showed a Vanguard Deluxe 30-06 in stock. Walmart Sporting goods guy lied and said they didn't have any. I demanded he go check or I would go to the store manager and have him check. He took off to the back and I followed discreetly. He whipped out his phone and.called somebody. Said hey there is a guy here buying yout 30-06. I ended up buying it for 383.00 plus tax.
If they are BSing you about selling things you know they have go over their head

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by renegade50
Jiveturkey.
You never experienced the walmart employee brickseek games they try to pull???

Their are numerous methods to overcome their " devious" game.

Me and slumlord ruined alotta walmart tiny tim xmas plans in our time.

I don't think their will ever be brickseek guns and ammo sales at wally world ever again.
For about 3 or 4 yrs running pre C19 bullschit.
We had network threads on here
Nationwide helping each other out finding SKU,s and inventory.

We all may be a buncha peckerheads individually at times.
But collectively on those brickseek threads we were helping each other out.
It got to a point when alot of us were inadvertently helping out lurkers .
Fugg them.

We took alot of stuff to pm and text also.

Networking.....

Yep... grateful

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Was at wally world earlier & checked their ammo. They had 30.06, 30.30 & some other stuff $10 more than pre covid. They had two 200 round boxes of stingers so I asked the woman employee what the price was. She scanned it & said it wouldn't come up. I told her to get a manager and figure out a price because I wanted a box she said they were recalled & I couldn't purchase Anyone know of a recall I couldn't find anything about one

Lower prices for ammo in counties with greater restrictions and fewer shooters suggests that current situation in USA is caused by stupid people that buy ammo they do not need at higher prices. I see no reason to sell something for 12 when I can sell same item easily for 18. To sell for lower price would indicate stupidity.

Very Kapitalistic of you Kamerade

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our local WM has 50 round boxes of Stingers for $8.95

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
I keep stingers in my pocket gut gun.

But for squirrel hunting...they are squirrelly.

40 grain, lead medium velocity 1080fps shoots tighter.

Your mileage may vary

Same here, just for pistols

Romans 5:1
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 19352012

I've came to the conclusion it was employee incompetence. The lady was working sporting goods & tire lube express. She didn't have a clue. I also have never seen a 200 round box of stingers, that's what got me intrigued. I'm pretty sure they break down into 50 round boxes. I left a message with CCI yesterday evening & they told me today there was no recall. So back to the name of thread, it was Walmart bs.

Romans 5:1
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

256 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 22 invisible), 1,692 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,985
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.