Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Put out a bowl of straight aintfreeze... assuming you or your neighbors don't have dogs... or friendly cats.

Peanut butter balls in the bowl.

Rat poison as well... soup it up.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by murkydismal
Lived in the country some time ago, had skunks under house. Buddy was G&F said fill a sock with mothballs, soak it in bleach, throw it under house. By gosh it worked, rather smell a little moth ball odor than skunk.

Did just MBs on bats in an attic... worked great.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by cotis
A trail of marshmallows has worked every time for me. Sometimes it takes a .22 shell at the end of the line

Used to drown mine... i.e. not gunpowder smell.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Instant kill fly spray in some juice or flavored drink

Dog proofs are great if it is coons

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by old_willys
Have a late model double wide that was camp but now using as retirement home the next few years, place is skirted and well insulated but this afternoon my wife woke me from my afternoon nap to ask where the pounding was coming from below the floor. I went and noticed the access door was open a few inches, looks like the -3 weather had cause the panel to raise up and buckle. What ever it is it caused a gaping hole in the insulation right were the water line comes in were the heat tape is. There are no commercial pest control that cover this rural area so I have to figure out whats up there. One pest control guy that covers NY but not licensed for PA told me from the description of the hole it's likely a raccoon.

I am headed to the local hardware to pick up a couple of box traps but whats the best bait to lure the SOB out? My brother uses sardines for coons or smelly chicken, any other suggestions?

Are you certain it is an animal? When the temperature fluctuates as it has been recently it is common for a structure to bang and pop periodically due to frost heave. If you are sure it is an animal I have a poly box trap (similar to Tomahawk 924 Dura Poly) that you are welcome to borrow if you like. It is better than a wire trap when the critter ends up being a skunk instead of a coon.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
22 racoons? Holy cow! You were a busy man!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by cs2blue
22 racoons? Holy cow! You were a busy man!

They were destroying my dad's backyard. I thought I would catch 10 maximum. I was wrong again. Good luck to all with pest problems

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,541
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.