Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Setting up the 10x14 isn’t bad, take down isn’t either other than getting it folded back up and put away by yourself. Looking at the other Kodiaks which would you guys prefer the 9x8 or 8.5x6?

So remember that little tent is low height. I would not give up the height for the slight savings in size and weight. If you really want easy setup look at canvas cutter. Kodiak has a similar bivy style. If I was by myself all the time and just wanted to crash every night. It might be what I would like for vehicle camping. Prolly still pick kodiak but it’s an option. If you’re tired alone and just want to crash that canvas cutter setup would work

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you want a low bivy type tent but also want a cot, take a look at the ALPS Mountaineering Ready Lite Cot. It's only 6" off the ground so it can be used in a low tent. It's very sturdy for a cot that folds up so small. They're kind of pricey but very good quality. Do NOT buy it on Amazon. You can save $100 almost anywhere else.

It's still a lot slower to set up than a cot-tent that just unfolds and pops up.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
LBP: I have a "back-pack/freighter frame" that I have used in Montana and Alaska (where the ground always seemed to be sopping wet!) that does double duty as a "cot"!
You un-clip it and unfold it and it turns into a cot that will keep you off of the ground and dry as you sleep.
I know, I have used it several times in S.E. Alaska.
I am a large person 6' 3" and 260 pounds and I consider it to be well worth the maybe 1 pound extra it weighs to be able to do this double duty.
If you need the brand name let me know and I will go unpack it and retrieve the brand.
I bought it maybe 28 years ago.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
LBP: I have a "back-pack/freighter frame" that I have used in Montana and Alaska (where the ground always seemed to be sopping wet!) that does double duty as a "cot"!
You un-clip it and unfold it and it turns into a cot that will keep you off of the ground and dry as you sleep.
I know, I have used it several times in S.E. Alaska.
I am a large person 6' 3" and 260 pounds and I consider it to be well worth the maybe 1 pound extra it weighs to be able to do this double duty.
If you need the brand name let me know and I will go unpack it and retrieve the brand.
I bought it maybe 28 years ago.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Thanks!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Have a tent cot and really like it. Set up a 10x10 pop-up canopy it goes under, works like a charm.

IC B2

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by hitandmiss
Have a tent cot and really like it. Set up a 10x10 pop-up canopy it goes under, works like a charm.

Which size do you have?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
How is it for condensation?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LBP
How is it for condensation?
They're like a regular tent. The less air space, the worse it is. Any of them need ventilation.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I cannot sleep on the ground anymore so I need something like a cot.

I am going to try a zero gravity chair/cot this summer and fall. The zero gravity chairs are much easier on my back but not backpackable, only for car camping.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
just buy a jumping jack

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
just buy a jumping jack

Seriously an atv trailer with a tent mounted to it for 9 grand.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I was looking through some pictures of the jumping jack and saw one with a propane stove oven.
Got to thinking does anyone make propane stove oven heater in one?
charlee

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
just buy a jumping jack

they ain't tractor supply or home depot trailers. the "tent" comes with beds etc. its essentially three trailers in one Utility, camper and ATV trailer. I don't know about where you are but a good 6x12 trailer here is close to 5k bare huw much are Wall tents?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
just buy a jumping jack

they ain't tractor supply or home depot trailers. the "tent" comes with beds etc. its essentially three trailers in one Utility, camper and ATV trailer. I don't know about where you are but a good 6x12 trailer here is close to 5k bare huw much are Wall tents?

Would be an ok setup for half the money they charge. Also I don’t and can’t tow a trailer where I go

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I looked at Jumping Jacks but damn they seams like a lot of money for what you get.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by LBP
I looked at Jumping Jacks but damn they seams like a lot of money for what you get.
price out a compareable wall tent. then add the price of justa heavy duty utility trailer. it isnt that big of a difference when you add in the fab. cost

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP
price out a compareable wall tent. then add the price of justa heavy duty utility trailer. it isnt that big of a difference when you add in the fab. cost

That’s probably true considering everything.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by LBP

That’s probably true considering everything.

there was a used 8x8 JJ on fb the fb page for 5500. i didnt think that was terrible.

remember you get the beds included in the price

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have a tent cot from Winterial, like it fine.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 33 invisible), 2,249 guests, and 1,052 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.