Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Slum, there's a good reason damyankee is one word!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Unlike the great white Yankee north or awesome white west. Where you all get snow. Youre brining and pretreatments help some. Or seawater, etc.

Here in the mid and deeper south, most snow events almost ALWAYS begin as rain. So all that brine and chit gets negates. That or if an arctic air mass slides in first and we get warm Gulf of Mexico rain brought up and over in the atmosphere overriding the denser cold air mass.

No one ever thinks about that. Just quick to add their 2 cents via piehole.

I’ve seen ice, glaze and sleet hit northeaster cites and the news show dozens of cars tits up at the bottom of hills and other dumb asses that keep coming on and adding to the piles.

It's really not the weather....................in any location.........................it's the clueless drivers.

News a couple weeks back was interviewing folks at a chain up place on I 80. Dude was explaining he was trying to get his daughter back to school or some crap in Iowa, or Indiana, or someplace like that. In the winter, on I 80, over Donner Pass, in 2022, with things like Weather Channel, NWS, and even the local stations predicting a 12"+ on his day of the trip.

And dumbo had never put chains on his 2WD passenger car.......ever.

And acted surprised that it could be as bad as it was.

Slummster, ..................I agree with you..................I'll take our winter weather out here most any time over that stuff you folks near the Mason/Dixon line get. I hate friggen ice storms, snow on top of freezing rain, freezing rain on top of packed snow, and even out here I hate folks that think they can drive like normal in the snow and ice.

More folks should be like you, have 50 jars of Nana's beans and other groceries (smokes and booze too) stocked up so they don't have to go anywhere for a couple of days.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

302 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 10Glocks, 35 invisible), 1,730 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,308
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.