Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Riflecrank
Originally Posted by local_dirt
That's a beauty, Riflecrank. What did you put on the grips to make them look that nice?

Hi local dirt,
Nothing on them except sweat from hot little hands.
They look like a walnut laminate with veneers about 0.10" thick.
Factory finish. I like it.

Look way better than the grips on mine.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
So I checked prices on these in S CA. Turners had them for $1,600, while another higher end store had them for $2,600. Lots of profiteering.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wasn't given the option to try the trigger in my python in the store but I just got it out and tried it. The double action feels pretty smooth and consistent but I hate to say the single action pull sucks. In single action it has a bit of creep and the hammer actually moves back a tiny bit more like double action before it goes. It's too heavy to even measure with my 5# trigger scale. It feels significantly more than 5# single action.

All my other colt, S&W and even ruger revolvers are much better and lighter single action pulls. I'm reading here that others new pythons aren't great but mine is terrible. I wonder if something is wrong with my python? I'm not going to be happy with it as is. I need to find agood smith to work it over. I'll check into Hefferan.I'm

They probably made it suck on purpose to appease their lawyer but mines ridiculously bad. I can't imagine someone at the factory not noticing it. I noticed it immediately. Those that have a new python is yours this bad?

Bb

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I wasn't given the option to try the trigger in my python in the store but I just got it out and tried it. The double action feels pretty smooth and consistent but I hate to say the single action pull sucks. In single action it has a bit of creep and the hammer actually moves back a tiny bit more like double action before it goes. It's too heavy to even measure with my 5# trigger scale. It feels significantly more than 5# single action.

All my other colt, S&W and even ruger revolvers are much better and lighter single action pulls. I'm reading here that others new pythons aren't great but mine is terrible. I wonder if something is wrong with my python? I'm not going to be happy with it as is. I need to find agood smith to work it over. I'll check into Hefferan.I'm

They probably made it suck on purpose to appease their lawyer but mines ridiculously bad. I can't imagine someone at the factory not noticing it. I noticed it immediately. Those that have a new python is yours this bad?

Bb

Bb, mine wasn't that bad. But, it was heavy. I'd have to look back through my notes for exactly how heavy it was on my Wheeler trigger gauge.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The new one I tried had a heavier single action than the older pythons, but it wasnt overly heavy. . The double action was also heavier than the older colts, but had a smooth even take up.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I bought my current 1979 Python I will admit, I thought the DA and SA were very lackluster. My last Python was much smoother in both modes. I have cleaned all that up, and I have an 8lb DA and 3.75 SA...works for me.

[Linked Image]

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 12 invisible), 1,396 guests, and 740 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.