Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by LFC
Trust me I'm just the same in person.....just for you I'll try harder.

Should I drop a few bucks in the offering plate before I ask a question ?

Your condescending posts are a sure fire way to get banned from certain forums, which would be no loss.

Talk about the pOt calling the kettle black.....lol

Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by elkaddict
Tract is the new standard by which all optics are measured.

I’m a huge fan of tract owning 3 binos and 2 scopes. They are a Best Buy in my opinion. However, they are not “the standard.” Although optically they are outstanding, they do not equal the glass of the best Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss offers. They are however amazing quality for the dollars spent.

I have a Lieca ultraviolet and I find my Tract binoculars are better to my eyes than my Leica.

I also own 5 S&B's 4 PMII and 1 Summit and a US Optics and as far I'm concerned my Tract's give up nothing

Strabismus

Try one instead of posting BS

You might want to sell your body to science as you are more dense than depleted uranium. I was the one that made the comparison, you are the one full of BS

You are a f'ing idiot drippy GFY

Would you like me to go find the post where you attacked me ?

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TheKid
I don’t consider him such. A brilliant man no doubt but he mainly worked to streamline manufacturing methods via the lost wax casting process. He brought out some great products at the right time but I don’t see any truly new and innovative designs that he was responsible for creating from scratch like Browning.

We have both to thank for their contributions no doubt but I don’t consider them equals.

I agree.. sort of like a John Browning / Henry Ford comparison instead...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC
Trust me I'm just the same in person.....just for you I'll try harder.

Should I drop a few bucks in the offering plate before I ask a question ?

Your condescending posts are a sure fire way to get banned from certain forums, which would be no loss.

Talk about the pOt calling the kettle black.....lol

Originally Posted by elkaddict
Tract is the new standard by which all optics are measured.

I’m a huge fan of tract owning 3 binos and 2 scopes. They are a Best Buy in my opinion. However, they are not “the standard.” Although optically they are outstanding, they do not equal the glass of the best Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss offers. They are however amazing quality for the dollars spent.

I have a Lieca ultraviolet and I find my Tract binoculars are better to my eyes than my Leica.

I also own 5 S&B's 4 PMII and 1 Summit and a US Optics and as far I'm concerned my Tract's give up nothing

Strabismus

Try one instead of posting BS

You might want to sell your body to science as you are more dense than depleted uranium. I was the one that made the comparison, you are the one full of BS

You are a f'ing idiot drippy GFY

Would you like me to go find the post where you attacked me ?

I called you a moronic POS that is pointing out the obvious.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You're a condeseming little feller ain't ya...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by keith
Poor quality, cheap barrels were used in Bill's day, Ruger barrels used today are far better than the Old ruger rifle barrels. Gorgeous wood on those first #1's and a $19 barrel. He should have been buying barrels from Savage at that time.

Those early No.1 and M77 rifles had Douglas premium barrels on board and were known for there accuracy and high quality!

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think of Browning as an Inventor, which is undeniable when looking at his designs

I think of Ruger as an Innovator, he is the one who made cast firearms acceptable but most of his designs were his take on an existing product. He was also great at reading the market of what folks would buy.

We are better for having had both of them regardless of opinions about them.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by drover
I think of Browning as an Inventor, which is undeniable when looking at his designs

I think of Ruger as an Innovator, he is the one who made cast firearms acceptable but most of his designs were his take on an existing product. He was also great at reading the market of what folks would buy.

We are better for having had both of them regardless of opinions about them.

drover

^^ This!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LFC
I don't see it as a challenge....any statement is open to question.

He said "not many people understand"....I just asked for help understanding.

Didn't you call it "education" ?

Sorry I didn't lick his nutt sack.

I thought LFC stood for “LIKES [bleep] COCK” so you should be licking everyone’s [bleep] nutt sack.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LFC
Sorry but Bill Ruger wouldn't have made a pimple of John Browning's azz....

And you wouldn’t make a pimple on John’s Ass

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Over 1600 posts in under 8 months should tell you what kind of [bleep] he is

IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I want to thank LFC (and others) or inspiring me to write an article for the upcoming issue of RIFLE LOONY NEWS, appearing on the 15th of next month. Decided to discuss the difference between designing rifles in the early years of self-contained cartridges, and more recently--as well as detail several details of the Ruger No. 1 that differ vastly from the Farquharson action Bill Ruger supposedly "copied."

While the No. 1 is styled to resembled the Farquharson, the internal mechanics are different in several ways--and NOT designed to make the No. 1 "cheap to manufacture."

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

There was no 45 cal semi auto pistols, so John Browning designed one. There were no bottom eject pump shot guns so he designed one. There was no semi automatic shotguns so Browning designed one. The military needed machine guns and Browning designed them including the 50BMG

John Moses Browning has no equal when it comes to designing firearms

Sho got that right.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I want to thank LFC (and others) or inspiring me to write an article for the upcoming issue of RIFLE LOONY NEWS, appearing on the 15th of next month. Decided to discuss the difference between designing rifles in the early years of self-contained cartridges, and more recently--as well as detail several details of the Ruger No. 1 that differ vastly from the Farquharson action Bill Ruger supposedly "copied."

While the No. 1 is styled to resembled the Farquharson, the internal mechanics are different in several ways--and NOT designed to make the No. 1 "cheap to manufacture."

This will be an excellent article.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

myself i look forward to your next issue Mule Deer , i also will enjoy learning more about Ruger #1`s and Mr. Bill Ruger , i feel Bill Ruger did the blue collar workingman a great justice by inventing and manufacturing this great rifle the Ruger #1 for a workingman`s price so that he could afford to buy a Ruger #1 to own , too hunt with , shoot or collect . that to me is the American way ! Thank You much ,Pete53

Last edited by pete53; 01/20/22.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I hope it's posted here so it will be open for debate.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Bill Ruger was a TRAITOR to all that enjoy firearms! PERIOD!

While he did have some innovating techniques, he also helped the Democrats in congress write the "Assault Weapons bill" back in the 90's!

Instead if fighting tooth and nail to protect the 2A, he gave in to the evil empire and decided wrongly if he made nice with them, they would reciprocate.

What Ruger failed to realize is the Left is a lying bunch of bottom feeders and will never be satisfied. They will never end until they get what they want which we all know is nothing short of total bans and confiscation.

I've owned Ruger firearms in the past, but have sold them off and have NO plans to ever own another!

Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Elkcountry,

I’m not disputing you or calling you out by any means, but could you cite some sources for your statement that Ruger helped the Dims write the Assault Weapons Ban bill? I never heard that before.

Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don’t forget Brownings brother......the machinist that made things work.
Just sayin

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (300_savage, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 673, 18 invisible), 1,249 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,127
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.