-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Continuing this topic from yesterday, people are assuming that someone buying in Oregon would need a loan to close the deal. If you do get some person out of the California high roller district, they have cash in hand and then it is location, location, location. We had a plant manager out of one of our other divisions that was based out in California. When the company moved him out here to manage our plant, he couldn't find a big, expensive enough equivalent place here to prevent him from paying a tax penalty for "down sizing". All it takes is one.

I learned a lesson where to advertise when I sold our place up north a few years back. I had it listed with a little up north real estate company for a year and I got absolutely no interest. The wife had been in real estate sales years back and she suggested that I meet with her old boss who advertises in a different, more diverse market segment. I listed it with him and it sold within a week.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just don't list it on the 'fire classifieds. They'll tear your azz off if the price is too high.

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 01/18/22.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Used house salesmen are not your friend and valuations have become a complete joke. Ultimately if your selling FSBO places like Zillow or trulia combined with a little preplanning you should be able to maximize your profits. You will be amazed how many used house salesmen come out of the woodwork trying to help you sell your house when in reality they are just trying to cut themselves in… and don’t underestimate them I had one once try and have the poor gal he was representing pay 10k over asking to pay his fees. I personally will never use a relator again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WhiteTrash
Used house salesmen are not your friend and valuations have become a complete joke. Ultimately if your selling FSBO places like Zillow or trulia combined with a little preplanning you should be able to maximize your profits. You will be amazed how many used house salesmen come out of the woodwork trying to help you sell your house when in reality they are just trying to cut themselves in… and don’t underestimate them I had one once try and have the poor gal he was representing pay 10k over asking to pay his fees. I personally will never use a relator again.

Thass wha um talkin bout ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You can trust a realtor as far as you can throw them.

LOL
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Depends on the Realtor.

One of the primary reasons to use a realtor is to get maximum exposure for your property. If you want to go to the trouble, you can get exposure for your property by yourself.

You absolutely need to come up with some comps, however. It's the only way to get a realistic appraisal for what your property is worth.

You can stick a "pie in the sky" price on it, but the lender will have it appraised before they make a loan on it. They won't loan more than it's appraised for.

Of course, if the buyer is paying cash or has enough money stashed away to pay the difference between what it appraises for and what you ask for it, there's no problem.

In today's market, I wouldn't be hesitant to ask for more that the bank will appraise it for. But by doing so, you're going to eliminate every buyer who only has enough to pay the minimum down payment,...because they're not going to have $30K extra to fill the gap between what the bank will loan on the property and what you ask for it.

Bottom line,....if you want to go to the trouble sell it fsbo. You'll save some money.

But you're going to have to come up with some comps. They may not be exact comps. But you're going to have to come up with some recent sale documentation from the immediate area in order to justify the price that you put on the property or the bank will balk. (If the price for your property is higher than the comps)

Of course, you can always put a "pie in the sky" price on it and hope that somebody shows up with a suitcase full of hunna dollar bills.

It happens, these days.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
One other thing.

If you sell it fsbo, no Realtor who has a buyer will show it to them. They have no reason to if they're not going to get a commission.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Selling FSBO doesn't mean you're not willing to pay a commission, it just means you are in charge of what that will be.
On my last two home FSBO sales I paid the agents a reduced commission. However, both sales were in seller's markets and the homes were in top shape in desirable locations.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Part of the problem is few comps. We’re on a 5 acre parcel out of town so that complicates the process from the start. I’ve looked at homes in my neighborhood that sold recently and multiplied their dollar per square foot by my square footage to get an idea.

For example, a house on 8 acres sold in June of 2020 for $575k. 3 bed, 3 bath, 1638 sq. ft. Built in 1974 and never remodeled, never renovated. That’s $351/ft.

That puts my 2805 sq. ft. home at $ 984k but mine is newer, updated, better view, and more private. Less acreage though.

20 minutes to Costco, 10 minutes to the minimart for beer or milk, 12 minutes to three pretty good restaurants, and 15 minutes to a gas station.

When doing an option of value $50 a sq foot is usually accurate in most markets when comparing against comps. But that’s if you want/need to sell. If going for the Hail Mary do $100.

Good luck

I don’t know what this means.

My auto correct got me. It should have been "opinion of value". For expensive properties, find a good realtor in your area to do an opinion of value for you. They will pull comps and get pretty close to what you will get for it. There are always some exceptions though and you do have the occasional guy buy with cash, sight unseen. Cheaper properties you can sell on your own and it will sell instantly. Because there are a million buyers right now especially in that 2-400k range. Once you get above 500k it gets tougher in my opinion to market and sell a place, and many of those buyers are going to want things handled by a realtor. Negotiate a 3-4% Commision on an expensive property.

If I was selling a property, I would try to go FSBO. If I was a buyer I would use a realtor and make sure everything was done properly. That being said, I have never bought or sold a house with a realtor.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

Originally Posted by Bristoe
Depends on the Realtor.

One of the primary reasons to use a realtor is to get maximum exposure for your property. If you want to go to the trouble, you can get exposure for your property by yourself.

You absolutely need to come up with some comps, however. It's the only way to get a realistic appraisal for what your property is worth.

You can stick a "pie in the sky" price on it, but the lender will have it appraised before they make a loan on it. They won't loan more than it's appraised for.

Of course, if the buyer is paying cash or has enough money stashed away to pay the difference between what it appraises for and what you ask for it, there's no problem.

In today's market, I wouldn't be hesitant to ask for more that the bank will appraise it for. But by doing so, you're going to eliminate every buyer who only has enough to pay the minimum down payment,...because they're not going to have $30K extra to fill the gap between what the bank will loan on the property and what you ask for it.

Bottom line,....if you want to go to the trouble sell it fsbo. You'll save some money.

But you're going to have to come up with some comps. They may not be exact comps. But you're going to have to come up with some recent sale documentation from the immediate area in order to justify the price that you put on the property or the bank will balk. (If the price for your property is higher than the comps)

Of course, you can always put a "pie in the sky" price on it and hope that somebody shows up with a suitcase full of hunna dollar bills.

It happens, these days.

Untrue you do not have to come up with comps… that will be the responsibility of the person buying it, or the bank for that matter if there is a lender involved, yes the lender has the ultimate say as to how much they are willing to give X number of dollars to the person that’s buying but it is of no consequence to the seller. It is absolutely sickening how used house salesmen have attempted to complicate the process with coin phrases like comps… I would probably guess that over 80% of the time an appraiser doesn’t even physically look at the property, most times you would be lucky if they even look at the inspection. The game is rigged in the realtors favor, they offer no protection and will not do a thing for you if there is even the slightest chance it doesn’t benefit them. I equate them to politicians and insurance agents. So if your looking to get fuced at least find one that’s good looking.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
For expensive properties, find a good realtor in your area to do an opinion of value for you.

No Realtor is going to go to the trouble of running comps for you unless you list it with them.

Fsbo is fsbo.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
One other thing.

If you sell it fsbo, no Realtor who has a buyer will show it to them. They have no reason to if they're not going to get a commission.

Not true, at least not in my case. I got my FSBO on the MLS and 11 potential buyers showed up in two days, 6 with realtors. I told them whatever fee was to be charged was on them. I did chip in a little though in the end to help, but a far cry from 6%. More like 1% to handle paperwork.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
For expensive properties, find a good realtor in your area to do an opinion of value for you.

No Realtor is going to go to the trouble of running comps for you unless you list it with them.

Fsbo is fsbo.

Not necessarily. $2-350 will usually get one done.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think that the problem with not using an agent is not knowing the comps well enough yourself and not knowing how to get multiple offers over listing price. When the wife and I bought this place we found it ourselves and because the wife knew who was good in the area we got him as our buyers agent. It was the best 3k we ever spent getting him and nailing this place down for the asking price that day. The people sold it on their own and left money on the table because it appraised higher than their asking price.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
We are talking about 7-1mil properties here. Those are a little more complicated than a $250k house you can sell in a few days on Craigslist.

Depends on the Realtor.

It happens, these days.

Untrue you do not have to come up with comps… that will be the responsibility of the person buying it, or the bank for that matter if there is a lender involved, yes the lender has the ultimate say as to how much they are willing to give X number of dollars to the person that’s buying but it is of no consequence to the seller. It is absolutely sickening how used house salesmen have attempted to complicate the process with coin phrases like comps… I would probably guess that over 80% of the time an appraiser doesn’t even physically look at the property, most times you would be lucky if they even look at the inspection. The game is rigged in the realtors favor, they offer no protection and will not do a thing for you if there is even the slightest chance it doesn’t benefit them. I equate them to politicians and insurance agents. So if your looking to get fuced at least find one that’s good looking.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
We are talking about 7-1mil properties here. Those are a little more complicated than a $250k house you can sell in a few days on Craigslist.

Depends on the Realtor.

It happens, these days.

No they are not, sale is a sale, inspections are inspections, appraisals are appraisals and if it’s property surveys are surveys. If you honestly trust a realator just because it’s in excess of 250k your dumber than your bank account and believe me they will find a way for you to spend it. Looked into buying a real amount of property valued in excess of the price you have mentioned and imhop the only difference is the level of (shark) edited to bottom feeder. But rest easy if you find comfort in it I guess.

Last edited by WhiteTrash; 01/18/22.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Glad you looked into something.

Depends on the Realtor.

It happens, these days.

No they are not, sale is a sale, inspections are inspections, appraisals are appraisals and if it’s property surveys are surveys. If you honestly trust a realator just because it’s in excess of 250k your dumber than your bank account and believe me they will find a way for you to spend it. Looked into buying a real amount of property valued in excess of the price you have mentioned and imhop the only difference is the level of (shark) edited to bottom feeder. But rest easy if you find comfort in it I guess.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Untrue you do not have to come up with comps… that will be the responsibility of the person buying it, or the bank for that matter if there is a lender involved,

You have to come up with the comps in order to price your house appropriately.

That's Real Estate 101.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Realtors, mortgage brokers and appraisers are all in cahoots with each other. It's a big circle jerk and they all get their respective happy ending ($$$)

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

Untrue you do not have to come up with comps… that will be the responsibility of the person buying it, or the bank for that matter if there is a lender involved,

You have to come up with the comps in order to price your house appropriately.

That's Real Estate 101.

Last one and then I am done, comps don’t mean a fucin thing if someone is willing to pay whatever it is that your asking or paying. The current market is an example of this. Appraisals are a joke and often times are dependent on how motivated the lender is or how “close” the realtor is with the appraiser that they just happen to recommend. Realtors go through a 6-10 week course and write a test that is basically designed to give them a baseline on how to limit liability or lessen their chance of getting sued. I am sorry if you know or are a used house salesman but paying someone 6-60k to throw a cookie cutter contract in front of you with multiple highlighted boxes to sign and maybe jot in a contingency or two is a waste and in no way worth the cost. That my friend is real estate 101.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

The game is rigged in the realtors favor, they offer no protection and will not do a thing for you if there is even the slightest chance it doesn’t benefit them.

I can't see how anything is rigged in the Realtors favor. It's a simple process. The Realtor does what's necessary to sell your house and you pay them for the service.

If you're the buyer, the Realtor shows you around, tells you who the goos inspectors are, lines you up with the lenders who are offering the best rates,..and the buyer pays absolutely nothing.

But it's nothing to me one way or another. If someone wants to sell fsbo, just do it.

I've sold properties both ways.

But saying that a seller doesn't need to come up with comps is ignorant. It's the only way to come up with a realistic price for your property.

Maybe you get the comps and you want to ask more than the comps indicate. That's fine.

Or maybe you want to sell fast so you price it below the comps. That's fine too.

But either way, you need to know the going market value for the property you're selling.

That's just common sense.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (007FJ, 163bc, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,610 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,647
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.