Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Man…I guess it’s true. Dogs really don’t like black people…even in liberal San Francisco

Last edited by Three30Eight; 01/20/22.

-Joe-

The "Anti-Tactical"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1. WTH is an APBT doing inside a library? To my knowledge, no organization trains up APBT as service dogs.

2. Were I homeless and living on the streets in an urban area, I would look for a stray APBT or similarly large dog to adopt and be my best buddy.
..a. Protection and awareness. Dog will have better senses than I and keep dog-fearful folks back. Dog may even fight for me if need be. Dog will wake sooner than I if we are sleeping.
..b. Vagrants with dogs are viewed with more sympathy or less suspicion from regular folks.
..c. Dog will help keep you warm when it is cold. BTDT with my dogs while camping.
..d. APBT are a good bang/buck size/protection-wise for a vagrant. ABPT are capable beyond their size and an APBT may be enough to keep the bad sorts away wihtout a fight.

3. I live in an area duh-verse enough to have a number of blacks and browns. Interaction with them has soured every one of my dogs on B&Bs. B&Bs seem to like tormenting dogs through fences and my dogs have never appreciated that bit of cultural enrichment.

4. If your library has security folks, your library is in a bad "culturally enriched" part of town.

5. These days, a security guard without a firearm is a mistake.

6. This situation may not have been the best problem to solve with a firearm. Dog is close to a human, and moving about. I agree with others that a good-sized knife in the boiler room might have been the best solution. But, looking at the guards, I am not sure ANY material solution would have sufficed. And there are mighty few people with the sand to take a knife to a critter like that.

7. I must say that the situation reminded me of APBT/hog catch dogs trying to hold a feral pig still. Dog is not going for the throat, just controlling an limb. A few more APBT and security guard would be immobilized. Change the catch dogs from APBT to, say, a Cane Corsos or other mastiff-related dogs, and security guard would have been ripped limb from limb.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,923
Posts18,498,502
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.