Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by dirtyharry
Originally Posted by Jcon72
Rifles/shotguns, yes, but handguns cannot go USPS except possibly when shipped by legit FFL?

NO HANDGUNS !

WRONG - licensed FFL holders can ship handguns via the USPS. See their Publication 52, section 43 Firearms:
https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_008.htm#ep290109

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Their prices may have gone up, but they're still pretty competitive with UPS and FedEx. I always get quotes online from all three before I ship anything. They're less of a hassle shipping long guns than UPS. And I've never had a problem with packages getting lost or destroyed. So...

D
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Originally Posted by dirtyharry
Originally Posted by Jcon72
Rifles/shotguns, yes, but handguns cannot go USPS except possibly when shipped by legit FFL?

NO HANDGUNS !

WRONG - licensed FFL holders can ship handguns via the USPS. See their Publication 52, section 43 Firearms:
https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_008.htm#ep290109

NO HANDGUNS----MEANS NON F.F. L. Holder
How Many off you guys have a F.F.L. ?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I just bought an item off ebay power seller. The item was shipped usps and track said delivered to my pob on Tues which didnt happen. 2 days later it arrived at my doorstep via a UPS truck with a fedex label!! That was today. So it appears usps is farming out stuff like hot potatoes.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I've been shipping and receiving handguns via USPS, half a dozen or so in the last 1 1/2 years since I got my C&R license. (Of course they're only C&R-eligible guns, but the cutoff is 50 years of age - guns, not owner - and that now includes a lot of very interesting weapons.) Best $30 I ever spent. The flat rate boxes for such transactions is the best deal out there. On top of the very reasonable rates (the recent increases notwithstanding) it seems that FRB's get preferential treatment within their system. Stuff I've mailed using them has gotten to their destinations lickety split, unlike stuff I've mailed in plain brown boxes that went back and forth across the country six times to get to destinations one state away.

For long guns, I'm still a fanboy of FedEx. I've yet to have had a glitch of any kind when using them, knock on wood.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ccard257
I actually had a pretty great experience at the post office today. I was shipping some bullets that were too big to fit in a small flat rate so I had used a small box that another fire member had shipped some bullets to me in. The sticker from the previous shipping indicated this had cost about $17 for a similar amount of bullets. I brought it to the counter and she says “oh I can get that in a flat rate envelope so it’ll only cost you about $8”

I was intrigued but I’ll be damned if she didn’t proceed to cram my package, box and all, into a flat rate envelope and then tape the [bleep] out of it. It barely fit and there was some tearing involved and it was barely envelope shaped by the end but she got it done and charged me my $8. I was impressed.

I'm wondering how this is going to turn out.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
There will alos be a surcharge on "oversize" packages 4/1 from usps.
I sell shotgun barrels and it will be $15 on a box long enough for one.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Dirtyharry: Worthless robber baron MF'ers!
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everything has gone up in price lately. Not really defending USPS, because that's becoming very hard to do, but it's not just them that's raising prices. I've always used them to mail long guns I've sold on here and on GB, and the price will always beat UPS or Fedex.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
[
Originally Posted by Ccard257
I actually had a pretty great experience at the post office today. I was shipping some bullets that were too big to fit in a small flat rate so I had used a small box that another fire member had shipped some bullets to me in. The sticker from the previous shipping indicated this had cost about $17 for a similar amount of bullets. I brought it to the counter and she says “oh I can get that in a flat rate envelope so it’ll only cost you about $8”

I was intrigued but I’ll be damned if she didn’t proceed to cram my package, box and all, into a flat rate envelope and then tape the [bleep] out of it. It barely fit and there was some tearing involved and it was barely envelope shaped by the end but she got it done and charged me my $8. I was impressed.

This works well
I sent members here bullets
And I put address labels on the box before I put on envelope
If something happens to envelope the box can still be delivered

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I've been shipping and receiving handguns via USPS, half a dozen or so in the last 1 1/2 years since I got my C&R license. (Of course they're only C&R-eligible guns, but the cutoff is 50 years of age - guns, not owner - and that now includes a lot of very interesting weapons.) Best $30 I ever spent. The flat rate boxes for such transactions is the best deal out there. On top of the very reasonable rates (the recent increases notwithstanding) it seems that FRB's get preferential treatment within their system. Stuff I've mailed using them has gotten to their destinations lickety split, unlike stuff I've mailed in plain brown boxes that went back and forth across the country six times to get to destinations one state away.

For long guns, I'm still a fanboy of FedEx. I've yet to have had a glitch of any kind when using them, knock on wood.

Your C&R does not entitle you to ship hand guns reguardless of age USPS.The Feds put the kabosh on that years ago.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,740
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.