Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This is a big deal. Some might joke about it but I bet the founding fathers would be at war over this by now.

I hear what you're saying but, do you think a private entity like DirectTV should be able to make their own decisions on their programming?

Not if they have FCC protection under Section 230.

I had to look up section 230. Looks like it applies to websites and social media, not broadcast media. At least as far as I can tell.

Are you saying DirectTV falls under section 230?

I don't know, but it should be looked into. However, probably a waste of time considering our two faced SOTUS, considering the way facebook, twitter et al have been getting away with censorship without so much as a good "talkin' too".

I don't disagree, especially platforms like facebook and google. At some point they get to be so universal (by their own design) that they shouldn't be able to claim they're a private entity.

But where do you draw the line? Like I said, if you owned DirectTV, would you want to be forced to carry MSNBC and the like? It cuts both ways.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This is a big deal. Some might joke about it but I bet the founding fathers would be at war over this by now.

I hear what you're saying but, do you think a private entity like DirectTV should be able to make their own decisions on their programming?

You continue your blithering idiocy. Proof you are a solid Biden voter. Weird how you leftist scum keep pounding it out, that a private entity or individual has the right to tell you to shut up without repercussion simply because of your political speech which happens to be the most protected speech at all. But the GFY.

LOL how about answering the question? If you owned DirectTV, would you want to be forced to carry MSNBC? It's the same thing.

Hint: It's a yes or no question.

Edited to add: A broadcaster dropping a program is not a free speech issue and if you think it is, you need to study up on the constitution.

It's business, I believe in freedom of speech you fuqtard and I would carry both or any network. As for studying the constitution you idiot where does it say anyone has the right to tell you to STFU? Those are fighting words you POS.

What on earth are you blubbering about? Who told who to STFU?

And by the way, calling me a POS is "fighting words" too. Easily said from a keyboard.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Does it burn men, does it burn?"

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There is no need for satellite tv anymore unless you live in one of the few places that dosent have decent internet. Or if you are not computer literate I guess. I would do without tv before I used directv service again. SO screw em

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm still seeing it on Directv.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
As for OAN still being on Direct TV, you can access OAN easily on your computer presently. I am listening to Trump's interview as I type this.

Funny as hell to see someone saying that DIrectTV dropping a program is a free speech issue while he's watching that same program on another carrier.

You can't make this schit up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smarquez

Contract ends in early April it seems.

and it's pretty bad news for OAN as according to this they get 90% of their funding from Direct TV. (likely through ad revenue)

And for those wondering if some of the more liberal sources would cover this news:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...twork-blow-conservative-channel-n1287564

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by smarquez

I think it stays on until sometime in April.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (6mmbrfan, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,469 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.