Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not everyone totally regrets leaving. After over 35 years we pulled the plug and ended up in Tennessee. Been 6 years now and we love it. I used to think Alaska had the best fishing but dismissed that. Next month we make a days drive and head out for Yellowfin tuna. We can usually fish year around if you don’t mind 50 degree days. Cost of living here is almost unbelievable.
Do we miss Alaska? At times, yes. Hunting there can’t be compared to anywhere else I ever lived. And fishing and watching killer whales out of Seward was awesome.
It would be great to spend summers back in Alaska. But maybe even better would be a second house and boat in Venice Louisiana. About once a week I run into someone who used to live in Alaska while shopping.
Alaska is a great state with wonderful opportunities. But it is geared more towards younger people and not a retiree friendly state.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Not everyone totally regrets leaving. After over 35 years we pulled the plug and ended up in Tennessee. Been 6 years now and we love it. I used to think Alaska had the best fishing but dismissed that. Next month we make a days drive and head out for Yellowfin tuna. We can usually fish year around if you don’t mind 50 degree days. Cost of living here is almost unbelievable.
Do we miss Alaska? At times, yes. Hunting there can’t be compared to anywhere else I ever lived. And fishing and watching killer whales out of Seward was awesome.
It would be great to spend summers back in Alaska. But maybe even better would be a second house and boat in Venice Louisiana. About once a week I run into someone who used to live in Alaska while shopping.
Alaska is a great state with wonderful opportunities. But it is geared more towards younger people and not a retiree friendly state.

Tennessee is one of the top states for Alaskans to move to. About half of the people I know that have left here, went to TN.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got a buddy that has a 90ft houseboat on Dale Hollow Lake, he goes there everywhere for a couple of months and he loves it, wouldn't surprise me if he ends up retiring there.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by aaron10
Colorado is nice too I lived there before here, My Dad was in the Airforce that`s how we got here. Time to go hunt some deer way more tastier then the moose and caribou here. Will miss the tasty salmon and ptarmigan though. But the older daughter can ship me some fish down.

Man! I would hate to have to pay your crack bill!

wink

I have eaten tons of deer from a whole lot of different areas... Sitka blacktails are way ahead of any and every other deer native to the US. But suggesting moose and caribou are inferior to a mulie is ridiculous. A nice grain-fed whitetail can be quite nice, but still not in the running with good eats.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,392
Posts18,488,767
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.