Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Corona has been way over hyped in the media. Anyone believing that a cheap paper or cloth mask is going to stop the spread is foolish. I’m not vaxed and see Covid as the biggest tool for government overreach in my lifetime. Having said all that and that I hate hearing it referred to as a pandemic. It is more than just a cold for most people. For most it’s at least closer to a flu and for a small percentage it’s deadly or very near deadly. Continuing to pretend that it’s literally not one bit different from a typical common cold isn’t being honest.

My wife’s 41 years old and in great health, she’s a health and fitness freak that will never admit to being sick. She spent about four days living and sleeping on the couch almost 24/7 with severe muscle aches only getting up to use the bathroom with Covid. Her best friends husband is in his mid 40’s and in good health spent two weeks in the hospital on oxygen with Covid. My best childhood buddies 50 year old wife whom was overweight but had no other health problems that I’m aware of died in her sleep from Covid. For me it was very comparable to the flu for a week.

I believe it isn’t going away, it generally has an extremely high survival rate and we should all go about living our lives. On the other hand pretending that it’s literally a common cold, it may be for a small percentage but for most it’s varying degrees of worse than that. People that want to overplay it or downplay it for an agenda both do a disservice.

Did any of the people you mentioned that got sick or died take any preventative measures before or when they first got sick or did they just wait for their immune system to go into overdrive?

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson
In my best whiny voice, this fuucking 'cold' can go fuick itself.

Bouncing over frozen cowshit is not fun right now....lol

Holy cry I've been cussing to myself for the last 3 days.

Fuuck all.

I really fuggin sick of all of the farmers on here talking about their cows and their excrement, cold winter weather, beer and broken down tractors. Wahhh. Wahhhh

. I want more politics! cool

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m not sure the events leading up to my old friends wife. We hadn’t been in close contact so I didn’t feel it my business to ask him. My wife’s friends husband had resisted going into the hospital until going into urgent care twice with symptoms and was told by urgent care the second time that he needed to go to the ER. He had been monitoring his oxygen with a finger sensor.

My wife and I both took zink and vitamin c

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Corona has been way over hyped in the media. Anyone believing that a cheap paper or cloth mask is going to stop the spread is foolish. I’m not vaxed and see Covid as the biggest tool for government overreach in my lifetime. Having said all that and that I hate hearing it referred to as a pandemic. It is more than just a cold for most people. For most it’s at least closer to a flu and for a small percentage it’s deadly or very near deadly. Continuing to pretend that it’s literally not one bit different from a typical common cold isn’t being honest.

My wife’s 41 years old and in great health, she’s a health and fitness freak that will never admit to being sick. She spent about four days living and sleeping on the couch almost 24/7 with severe muscle aches only getting up to use the bathroom with Covid. Her best friends husband is in his mid 40’s and in good health spent two weeks in the hospital on oxygen with Covid. My best childhood buddies 50 year old wife whom was overweight but had no other health problems that I’m aware of died in her sleep from Covid. For me it was very comparable to the flu for a week.

I believe it isn’t going away, it generally has an extremely high survival rate and we should all go about living our lives. On the other hand pretending that it’s literally a common cold, it may be for a small percentage but for most it’s varying degrees of worse than that. People that want to overplay it or downplay it for an agenda both do a disservice.

Couldnt agree more!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m not sure the events leading up to my old friends wife. We hadn’t been in close contact so I didn’t feel it my business to ask him. My wife’s friends husband had resisted going into the hospital until going into urgent care twice with symptoms and was told by urgent care the second time that he needed to go to the ER. He had been monitoring his oxygen with a finger sensor.

My wife and I both took zink and vitamin c

Worst reading i had on the blood ox meter was 89. Most of the time it was mid 90s. Had a friend who got covid, made it through the worst of it only to die shortly after feeling better with a blood clot. Was im his 40s. No underlying conditions. [bleep] can be hell for the small percentage of unlucky folk

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by gunchamp

I expect the health care that i pay ridiculous rates for to actually fuggin treat me when i need it. My wife was positive at home and just got the monoclonal treatment. I have all the symptoms and am having trouble breathing. Would be nice if america was the best health care system in the world like it used to be. Treat people who need it. I also have history with lung damage from a past pneumonia infection. All that info wasnt enough to sway them. Our health care here is currently chit

And further more, not only did my doctor tell me to stay clear of the vaccine for now, the doctor i saw when i was sick with covid told me these test arent accurate at all when i questioned how it was possible to test negative multiple times even after having symptoms for a week

You wouldn’t take an experimental vaccine but you would take experimental monoclonal antibodies!?

If the test isn’t accurate, why is your physician using it? Why test you at all? There are about half a dozen different tests he could choose from. Which one is he using?

You expect to receive health care you pay for? It sounds like you expect to demand what treatment you get. But you did not pay for monoclonal antibodies nor can you. They are given free to those most in need. You are here on the internet bitching about it, so you evidently didn’t need them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tylerw02

I expect the health care that i pay ridiculous rates for to actually fuggin treat me when i need it. My wife was positive at home and just got the monoclonal treatment. I have all the symptoms and am having trouble breathing. Would be nice if america was the best health care system in the world like it used to be. Treat people who need it. I also have history with lung damage from a past pneumonia infection. All that info wasnt enough to sway them. Our health care here is currently chit

And further more, not only did my doctor tell me to stay clear of the vaccine for now, the doctor i saw when i was sick with covid told me these test arent accurate at all when i questioned how it was possible to test negative multiple times even after having symptoms for a week

You wouldn’t take an experimental vaccine but you would take experimental monoclonal antibodies!?

If the test isn’t accurate, why is your physician using it? Why test you at all? There are about half a dozen different tests he could choose from. Which one is he using?

You expect to receive health care you pay for? It sounds like you expect to demand what treatment you get. But you did not pay for monoclonal antibodies nor can you. They are given free to those most in need. You are here on the internet bitching about it, so you evidently didn’t need them.

God help us all if you are a doctor for fuggs sake. Monoclonal treatments have been around since the damn 70s in some form for cancer patients. There is a chit ton of data and studies on their useage. Not for covid mind you, but they have been used a bunch in the last year and are helping people. Last i checked we lived in whats left of a free country. Is it not my choice anymore on how i should be treated? Or do i just bow at the feet of modern days gods like our gov officials, fauci and you it seems?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by SamOlson
In my best whiny voice, this fuucking 'cold' can go fuick itself.

Bouncing over frozen cowshit is not fun right now....lol

Holy cry I've been cussing to myself for the last 3 days.

Fuuck all.

I really fuggin sick of all of the farmers on here talking about their cows and their excrement, cold winter weather, beer and broken down tractors. Wahhh. Wahhhh

. I want more politics! cool

Hahaha

I think the entire state of MT is catching this chit right now.

Get it over with once and for all. Until next flu season anyway...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by tylerw02

God help us all if you are a doctor for fuggs sake. Monoclonal treatments have been around since the damn 70s in some form for cancer patients. There is a chit ton of data and studies on their useage. Not for covid mind you, but they have been used a bunch in the last year and are helping people. Last i checked we lived in whats left of a free country. Is it not my choice anymore on how i should be treated? Or do i just bow at the feet of modern days gods like our gov officials, fauci and you it seems?

So you think you're entitled to get a treatment? When have patients ever been able to demand what treatment they get?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Toddly
Pretty much just a mild flu with fever for a few days. The worse part is my eyes. Very sore. I’m betting that the eyes are a major inlet for the virus. Oh well, off to split more wood.

Sounds like you'll be just fine, glad to hear you're splitting wood. Stay active!

For Toddly and Sam O - is being active while
sick really the smart thing? Serious question

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The COVID Media syndrome has been owning people for going on two years now.
Almost getting to the point of competing with the political kool-aid they serve up during election years.

Lots of heavy kool-aid guzzlers around these parts.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Pretty much just a mild flu with fever for a few days. The worse part is my eyes. Very sore. I’m betting that the eyes are a major inlet for the virus. Oh well, off to split more wood.

Sounds like you'll be just fine, glad to hear you're splitting wood. Stay active!

Not Toddly or SamO, but if I stop, I feel worse - gives me time to think about how bad I feel.
And yes, I'm in at least day 10 of the crap now.
For me, the symptoms seem to come and go - mostly feels like a bad cold.
Head congestion and feeling tired are the worst of my symptoms.

Off to do something - ANYTHING - to get out of the house! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by kenjs1

Not Toddly or SamO, but if I stop, I feel worse - gives me time to think about how bad I feel.
And yes, I'm in at least day 10 of the crap now.
For me, the symptoms seem to come and go - mostly feels like a bad cold.
Head congestion and feeling tired are the worst of my symptoms.

Off to do something - ANYTHING - to get out of the house! smile

Staying active is helpful. When you lay around, you develop pneumonia, which is far worse than COVID alone.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

690 members (007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 3,144 guests, and 1,444 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,743
Posts18,476,068
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.