Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Here in Dixie 5.56 .308 .350 Leg 9mm 7.62x39 in good numbers primers $92 for 1000 powder is spotty and you better be present cause it won't last two hours on shelf. 30/06 and 7 mag as well as the 6.5 Creed in decent numbers...oh? .45 and 38 special are in good numbers.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Saw both large & small pistol primers for sale yesterday. Don't need any but it's good to see stuff coming back. Was talking to the counter guy who says things are starting to come back slowly. But not much powder selection yet. I would like to grab some IMR-7828 and he said they have not gotten any of the IMR powders in quite a while.

IMR is mostly manufactured in Canada, with the Trucker Mandate in full swing, I doubt we will see anything from Canada, especially Powder coming into the US.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

Radiator shop on West River?

That’s the one

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
when to a LGS today and the entire store was filled with cases of 9mm and 223. CCI 250 primers were available. CCI rimfire was there in 22, 22mag and even hmr. The HMR was even priced at pre scamdemic levels. The rest of the ammo was not. This has been a theme in some stores around me. umm the prices have got to start coming down. I haven't bought anything. still wondering why berger can't seem to make 6.5 bullets while everyone else seems able to. but I think the problems with stuff is loosening up.

Saw the same thing last weekend at the local Sportsman's Warehouse...

Our Sportsman's has plenty of 9mm and .223/5.56. It is missing 12 gauge slugs but deer hunting is pretty much over for the year. Hopefully, by next year the 12 ga. slug issue will be over as well. The only thing I am not finding is .380 auto practice ammo. I'm seeing the hollow point carry stuff at outrageous prices but no .380 practice ammo. No primers anywhere and some powder.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
local shop here got in a bunch of primers. 110$/1000 i let them all sit there

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i also noticed the 3 boxes of 140 gr. 280 rem core lokts he has had sitting on the shelf went from 42.99 to 53.99 must be the dust is valuable

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, all that is produced and not used domestically for police and military is going to the USA. The 9x19 and 5,56x45 is among calibers offered and exported.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Seeing those 20 dollar boxes of 9mm fmj just stacked up and sitting, hopefully prices will fall soon. Ton on 223/556, 308. Seeing more and more 12ga target loads finally.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Seafire
when to a LGS today and the entire store was filled with cases of 9mm and 223. CCI 250 primers were available. CCI rimfire was there in 22, 22mag and even hmr. The HMR was even priced at pre scamdemic levels. The rest of the ammo was not. This has been a theme in some stores around me. umm the prices have got to start coming down. I haven't bought anything. still wondering why berger can't seem to make 6.5 bullets while everyone else seems able to. but I think the problems with stuff is loosening up.

Saw the same thing last weekend at the local Sportsman's Warehouse...

Our Sportsman's has plenty of 9mm and .223/5.56. It is missing 12 gauge slugs but deer hunting is pretty much over for the year. Hopefully, by next year the 12 ga. slug issue will be over as well. The only thing I am not finding is .380 auto practice ammo. I'm seeing the hollow point carry stuff at outrageous prices but no .380 practice ammo. No primers anywhere and some powder.

kwg

I saw some 50 round boxes of .380 FMJ's (Blazer, I think) last week, but they were $24.99 a box.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Prices for 9mm Blazer Brass were 15.70ish at academy back in march thru early may.
Now 19.99

M855 was 11.99
Now 13.99

The money to be made with materials off common bang bang calibers versus a variety of hunting ammo being made with same materials is not making money for manufacturers.
Throw in recent announced price increases if paying attention and their profit margin for buying materials contracted before price increases.
The Glut people are seeing and coming up is making big benjamins.
This is a take what they are gonna make market and they DGAF whether you like it or not.
The days of good selection are limited at best based on very short seasonal runs as of late.

These companies control pricing and market availability among each other thru mutual informal agreements.
That has been shown with vids and articles on here at times.
Informal monoply and manipulation kinda stuff in ways.

It's capitalism nothing more nothing less.
Free market.
If a buyer will pay x amount for x product.
Then that is the way it is.

I dont see prices going down when they can remain stable at curent levels and people will be happy to buy at current pricing for joe average guy compared to 2020 and up to now.
Throw in inventory and sales montoring .
They will try and keep it a a balanced level of what they can make the most profit outta.
They dont wannta let a glut drive pricing down from here.
If anything expect price raise with midterm panic buying coming up and after if things dont go well.
Manufacturers have planned for both.
If anyone thinks otherwise they are foolish.

Take one monolithic. 308 180 grain hunting bullet.
How many .224 or 9mm bullet jackets can they make from that 180 grs of material.
What is more cost effective for them.

Aside from all of that above....

This .350 legend schitt is really ticking me off...
🥴🥴🥴😠😠😠

Last edited by renegade50; 01/25/22.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by killerv
Seeing those 20 dollar boxes of 9mm fmj just stacked up and sitting, hopefully prices will fall soon. Ton on 223/556, 308. Seeing more and more 12ga target loads finally.

Win 12ga super sporting clays is on my list big time.

Seeing it in 28 ga🥴🥴🥴😠😠😠😠 all the fugging time..

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by renegade50
Prices for 9mm Blazer Brass were 15.70ish at academy back in march thru early may.
Now 19.99

M855 was 11.99
Now 13.99

The money to be made with materials off common bang bang calibers versus a variety of hunting ammo being made with same materials is not making money for manufacturers.
Throw in recent announced price increases if paying attention and their profit margin for buying materials contracted before price increases.
This is a take what they are gonna make market and they DGAF whether you like it or not.
The days of good selection are limited at best based on very short seasonal runs as of late.

These companies control pricing and market availability among each other thru mutual informal agreements.

Free market.

I dont see prices going down when they can remain stable at curent levels and people will be happy to buy at current pricing for joe average guy compared to 2020 and up to now.
They will try and keep it a a balanced level of what they can make the most profit outta.
If anything expect price raise with midterm panic buying coming up and after if things dont go well.

How many .224 or 9mm bullet jackets can they make from that 180 grs of material.

🥴🥴🥴😠😠😠

When there are pallets of 9mm and 223 sitting in the store which is what I saw. Prices have to come down. Been going to this gun shop for 15 years and they havent had 1/10 this much 9mm and 223 in the store at any other time.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Bu
Originally Posted by renegade50
Now 19.99

M855 was 11.99
Now 13.99

Free market.

🥴🥴🥴😠😠😠

When there are pallets of 9mm and 223 sitting in the store which is what I saw. Prices have to come down. Been going to this gun shop for 15 years and they havent had 1/10 this much 9mm and 223 in the store at any other time.

It's called market flooding with future controlled inventory restock.
You dont think manufacturers ramp up then maintain production at a planned level and have in mind a set stable pricing plan in the near term with increases given the writing on the wall during a election year.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Seeing the same here. There was insane demand for .223 and 9mm due to all the “come the revolution” fervor unleashed in 2020/21... obviously the makers ramped up, but now that everyone has a giant pile of it in the garage, demand is nil.

I see (and buy) plenty of 6.5 bullets, granted ELD’s, not Bergers.... What’s still missing is 7mm bullets. And POWDER.

But the supply chains are filling back up, contrary to what all the conspiracy kooks were spouting. Not that they’ll ever admit or acknowledge that. They just move on to the next big conspiracy.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
stop buying at these prices and the price will come down

My diploma is a DD214
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Seeing the same here. There was insane demand for .223 and 9mm due to all the “come the revolution” fervor unleashed in 2020/21... obviously the makers ramped up, but now that everyone has a giant pile of it in the garage, demand is nil.

I see (and buy) plenty of 6.5 bullets, granted ELD’s, not Bergers.... What’s still missing is 7mm bullets. And POWDER.

But the supply chains are filling back up, contrary to what all the conspiracy kooks were spouting. Not that they’ll ever admit or acknowledge that. They just move on to the next big conspiracy.

Go spin your liberal bullschit somewhere else. There's no demand? There's plenty of demand, but nobody can afford anything since your braindead president took office.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 23 invisible), 1,717 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,985
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.